Beavis Does Blue Dream In High Brix Soil

Something you'll notice with alot of the elite American breeders, and others as well. They will find a make stud that comes across well in crosses and they dust a bunch of elite clones and what not with it. You see dynasty with Ms universe, bohdi with snow lotus and Appalachia before that, rare dankness with rare dankness #1. They list goes on. They can come up with a lot of great F1 crosses, but like Con mentioned, this isn't inbreeding a line, it's creating a nice cross that could be stabilized, which some of them do. Now don't take this as I'm dissing them. I just got a bohdi strain and I'm really eyeing Ms universe. Waiting for it to be back in stock. There are good ones out there. There's a lot of pollen chucking going around where people are cashing in on the surge in seed sales.

On the Dutch strains, keep in mind that the heirloom strains were bred by one place, but yet different seed banks have them? That's another bank either creating F1s or f2s from the original line or worse, trying to recreate it from scratch. I'm really wanting to try Jack Herer, and it is pricy, but I went for the Sensi seeds version, because it's the legit version of the strain. You've got to watch out for imitators. People are trying to cash in, especially now when the industry is blowing up.

Agreed Morglie...yup, that's why , when i wanted a 100% Landrace Indica , i had to go with Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi too...just to be sure. Those two MLI's looked like the same plant ..NO differences. It sucks ,..in a way , when you grow four plants of the same strain , and they all look different. To me that indicates a rushed version,..one not stabilized , near enough. The opposite of MLI from Sensi. Cheers Morgs.
Oh ya ,..Beaves , great day to ya ..

One thing, F2 actually is a first step towards inbreeding the line and that's where magic happens, cause you see every expression possible from both P1 parents. You just run a big population and pick what you like best to inbreed further into F3. There's no loss of quality from F1 to F2 in my experience, but there's much more variation here. It's much better for pheno hunters, but worse for growers who want a predictable strain. However it doesn't really matter that much, cause F1s are not produced from homozygous parents like in other fields of plant breeding, so there's no stability anyway. Slight loss of vigour might occur, but it's actually better for indoor growers who want a stable growth habit and minimal stretch.

The greater variation is what I was talking about. I know you do not lose the quality at that stage. I just mean that a lot of small time growers do not care for how much variation is in the F2 generation. Also when I mentioned loss of vigor I was referring to later generations as I do not think there would be a significant loss of it by the F2 generation.

Fuck I keep hitting the damn send button, fucking sausage fingers lmao.
420-magazine-mobile1910166356.jpg
. Also comes with the actual real Acapulco gold seeds too. Bodhi is one of the few that I trust. Also got dread bread, and Wookie orgasm from bodhi.

Something you'll notice with alot of the elite American breeders, and others as well. They will find a make stud that comes across well in crosses and they dust a bunch of elite clones and what not with it. You see dynasty with Ms universe, bohdi with snow lotus and Appalachia before that, rare dankness with rare dankness #1. They list goes on. They can come up with a lot of great F1 crosses, but like Con mentioned, this isn't inbreeding a line, it's creating a nice cross that could be stabilized, which some of them do. Now don't take this as I'm dissing them. I just got a bohdi strain and I'm really eyeing Ms universe. Waiting for it to be back in stock. There are good ones out there. There's a lot of pollen chucking going around where people are cashing in on the surge in seed sales.

On the Dutch strains, keep in mind that the heirloom strains were bred by one place, but yet different seed banks have them? That's another bank either creating F1s or f2s from the original line or worse, trying to recreate it from scratch. I'm really wanting to try Jack Herer, and it is pricy, but I went for the Sensi seeds version, because it's the legit version of the strain. You've got to watch out for imitators. People are trying to cash in, especially now when the industry is blowing up.
Yeah The miss universe is in a lot of Dynasty crosses but there is really a reason for it. You are right a lot of breeders will find studs that shine. They can usually predict what that male will add to the breeding. Second generation genetics (DJ Short's son) uses a DJ Short F4 Blueberry male in the majority of his crosses. Most of them look great.

I have a seed of Paradise Seed's Sensi Star that i havent run yet but while looking around at info it says that the version offered now is different than the original release and is not quite as good. I cannot recall why it is different than the first time. But breeders will lose parents which can be an issue and you are right some breeders will make F2 versions of other people's strains or try and recreate them and it usually doesnt end up the same. I have seen countless people grow white widow and I do not think I have seen any of them be near identical.

Agreed Morglie...yup, that's why , when i wanted a 100% Landrace Indica , i had to go with Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi too...just to be sure. Those two MLI's looked like the same plant ..NO differences. It sucks ,..in a way , when you grow four plants of the same strain , and they all look different. To me that indicates a rushed version,..one not stabilized , near enough. The opposite of MLI from Sensi. Cheers Morgs.
Oh ya ,..Beaves , great day to ya ..
Ya it sucks when there is so much variety that you cant even gt 2 out if 4 the same. Those MLI's were really nice plants :)

I have seen countless people grow white widow and I do not think I have seen any of them be near identical.

Ya it sucks when there is so much variety that you cant even gt 2 out if 4 the same. Those MLI's were really nice plants :)

From what I THINK I know now, I wouldn't plant the original White Widow even if it were available. I've heard that the cupwinner was the 10% out of several phenos from the same parents and reproduced by cloning for the competitions and retail sale. another 30% were good quality and 60% were low quality - - but you know, it's just what I read somewhere. People write down all kinds of stuff on the internet.

If you have the space and inclination, that could be great. I am a modest grower and don't want to go pheno hunting.

The problem with getting that one killer seed is things happen. In a combination of forgetfulness, cloner failure, and lamp failures that caused my veg area to go to seed, I lost several of my genetics. One of those I lost was a Sativa leaning CBD Critical Cure pheno, I'd have to start 4-5 seeds for a 50/50 chance of getting that pheno again. Now if I had lost my Carnival seed, I could pop another one and grow a nearly identical plant. For my way of growing, multiple strains in a relatively small space, it is a plus to know what you are getting.

It's the same reason I like buying feminized seeds, I don't waste time and resources growing out a plant I don't really want. But enough about me, I fully recognize that others like the hunt for the next "fire" strain and enjoy winning the gamble.

I have purple peyote f2, from someone that took original from cannabiogen (can't remember or spell name) I'm going to pop a bunch and hopefully find a great blue pheno if bubba kush
420-magazine-mobile1153189529.jpg
That peyote purple looks really nice! i hope you get the blue pheno!
From what I THINK I know now, I wouldn't plant the original White Widow even if it were available. I've heard that the cupwinner was the 10% out of several phenos from the same parents and reproduced by cloning for the competitions and retail sale. another 30% were good quality and 60% were low quality - - but you know, it's just what I read somewhere. People write down all kinds of stuff on the internet.

If you have the space and inclination, that could be great. I am a modest grower and don't want to go pheno hunting.

The problem with getting that one killer seed is things happen. In a combination of forgetfulness, cloner failure, and lamp failures that caused my veg area to go to seed, I lost several of my genetics. One of those I lost was a Sativa leaning CBD Critical Cure pheno, I'd have to start 4-5 seeds for a 50/50 chance of getting that pheno again. Now if I had lost my Carnival seed, I could pop another one and grow a nearly identical plant. For my way of growing, multiple strains in a relatively small space, it is a plus to know what you are getting.

It's the same reason I like buying feminized seeds, I don't waste time and resources growing out a plant I don't really want. But enough about me, I fully recognize that others like the hunt for the next "fire" strain and enjoy winning the gamble.

For the longest time I ran a single fem seed of various strains. Some times I got lucky, others I got the worst of the bunch :laughtwo: I grew out a fem of apothecary's Grape Ape hoping for a pheno that looked like Doc's (ya right :laughtwo: ) and ended up with a crappy 14 week flowering strain that produced low quality flowers. It hurt cuz I had 3 of them going by the time I figured it out and had nothing in rotation to take its place when it would be time to flower it the third and last time. With any of the new gear I have been getting I am just hoping to get nice females out of whatever I pop.

I'll just pop seeds, 7 days later have tested, then cull the males. Don't wast time and $ on bunch of dudes. Makes it easier if growing multiple regular seeds.

I like fen seeds too, but regs just seem to be lot more vigorous.

When I used cks seeds, very few phenos, most were identical. But very low quality. Many times I killed it, beautiful plant but just not that great

I'll just pop seeds, 7 days later have tested, then cull the males. Don't wast time and $ on bunch of dudes. Makes it easier if growing multiple regular seeds.

I like fen seeds too, but regs just seem to be lot more vigorous.

When I used cks seeds, very few phenos, most were identical. But very low quality. Many times I killed it, beautiful plant but just not that great

Buck, i grew Green Crack from CKS,...outstanding strain,..got two distinct phenos ,..i believe from four beautifull , HB plants.Was very tasty and extremely strong...but a good strong...:tokin:

Hey duggs, I did to, when they first released it. Big vigorous and tasty, then 6 months later bought another pack and was totally different. They aren't very consistent, for 4-5 years they were the only place I ordered from. My last order from them back in February was all screwed up. Ordered bubba kush and got autos, ordered cali og and had all males. They resent and all replacements were smashed. Then they sent email saying I was lucky to be getting anything because I live in the states. I went fucking off on them then. They then changed owners, they sent 10 packs of everything they sell trying to apologize. I still get pissed when I see that email. The smart ass remarks and the inconsistencies is why I'll never buy again from them. But I'll find the email and show you guys, it's a real zinger lmao .

It's lowest of the low and I try to stay away from that kind of cash grabbers. The truth is that anyone living in Cali or Colorado can get a legit clone, self it and get shitload of feminised seeds that way. It's very easy and companies selling all the famous lines do just that, but if they don't it's dishonest and lousy business!

It's lowest of the low and I try to stay away from that kind of cash grabbers. The truth is that anyone living in Cali or Colorado can get a legit clone, self it and get shitload of feminised seeds that way. It's very easy and companies selling all the famous lines do just that, but if they don't it's dishonest and lousy business!

I've grown most of their strains multiple times, and each batch was totally different. The green crack did great, but took 14-15 weeks to finish. Then the smart ass email, I'm done with them. I threw away around 10 different strains of theirs.

I've started to get away from feminized seeds, been getting regs and having tested at week old. Like you said it's too easy to make fems and dump on people for top dollar

Green Crack is one of the fastest sativa-dominant strains 7-8 weeker on average.

Back
Top Bottom