Nutria's First Grow - HSO's Blue Dream - DWC - LED 300W - Indoor

Nutria

Yo
Here it is, my first ever grow!
Since I can't find any sativa strain to smoke or, since I can't even know wich strain I am smoking... Been full of smoking "shit" I decided to start growing my own weed!

Let's start with the strain info:
  • strain: Blue Dream fem (Blueberry x Haze).
  • seed bank: Humboldt Seeds Organization.
  • genetic: Sativa dominant.
  • # plants: 1.

And the setup:
  • growbox: cabinet 60cmx40cmx100cm (2x1,3x4ft). Height may be a problem, especially with this strain, hope I can keep it under control with a short veg period and a SCROG grow.
  • light: Mars-Hydro 300w led (5w chip) modded with aftermarket fan to lower the noise.
  • medium: Hydro, perlite + coco in a single bucket (10l - 2,6 gal) dwc system.
  • nutrients: GHE floraduo (grow+bloom+ripen).
  • fans: (outtake) 1x inline fan 10cm (4") - 1x small usb fan

photos and updates coming soon in another post, I just want to keep the first post as clean as possible.

/* I am sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother tongue.
I'll use the metric/international system so temperatures and dimensions will be reported in °C and meters(cm).
*/

This is my setup!

16642.jpg

22321.jpg

Extracting fan is on the way, hope it will keep temperatures under control since when the growbox is closed it reach 30+°C with RH 20-25%.
I had to add a polystyrene layer to isolate the dwc bucket, water temperature was rising too much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2 since it has been put under led light:

a289.jpg
a1120.jpg
a340.jpg
a428.jpg

As you can see I have overwatering problem (am I right?). Now I have put the plant in a empty bucket with a pc fan pointed under the lid, hope it will solve the problem.

so I made some holes with a pencil on the medium and put inside some kitchen paper, then pointed a fan inside the bucket and another one to the lid.

...it doesn't seem to work. Do you have any idea?

So, yesterday and tonight it has been kept with no water at all but this morning there was the same situation.
This morning I found leaves having white tips so I bring the plant back to the dwc bucket.

Atm water has a PH of 6,2 and EC 0,7 (350ppm?, is it too low? thats why I have with tips?). Inside the growbox there is 28.8°C (83°F) with RH 25%

today, after 14h of light the situation hasn't changed, maybe the problem is the medium (coco+perlite)? Should I switch to expanded clay? it restrain less water

can you give me some advice?

img27.jpg

so I switched from coco+perlite to expanded clay and she liked it.
Do you think I can cut the 2 lower leaves? the white ones, I think they are dead.

btw the plant is not growing taller atm, just bushy, maybe cause it is putting energy on roots?

Btw more info:
temp 25-30°C / 77-86°F
RH 20-40%
ph ~6

still can't see any root out of the pot. What should be the right water level inside the bucket? I tried to lower it when I thought I had overwatering issue, yesterday I incresed it to touch (a bit above) the netpot.
Light was about 30cm / 12". Now it's like 40cm away.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom