GreenFingaz Blue Sunset Sherbert Soil Grow

Hi gandalf thanks for the kind words man appreciate it. Yeye check it out its my first 1 so if thers any feedback from you al take it all in. Heres a pic 5 days in drying

20220911_082553.jpg

I checked on them and noticed the sort of earthy grassy smell is this the chlorophyll breaking down slowly?? Just hope it doesnt stay that way with the taste aswell lol
Good morning growmie :ciao: the chlorophyll will start to break down and the buds will change colour slightly, then when the buds are dry and jarred the cure is to break down the chlorophyll even more and bring out the true flavours and smells. Don't worry at this point about that grassy smell it will disappear much love :circle-of-love: :passitleft:

I checked on them and noticed the sort of earthy grassy smell is this the chlorophyll breaking down slowly?? Just hope it doesnt stay that way with the taste aswell lol
Your just drying now, so it may smell like hay. :rofl:
The chlorophyll doesn't break down until you cure it.
Then you can smell the pot..
How are your small branches?
Are they snapping yet?
5 days is a decent amount of time, is your environment controlled?
Room rh and temps at around 60?
Don't over dry them, that can be fatal.
Talk soon Amigo. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Good morning growmie :ciao: the chlorophyll will start to break down and the buds will change colour slightly, then when the buds are dry and jarred the cure is to break down the chlorophyll even more and bring out the true flavours and smells. Don't worry at this point about that grassy smell it will disappear much love :circle-of-love: :passitleft:
Hope so lol because some of them do smell wonderfull just the overall smell in there smells like im on a farm hahaha

Your just drying now, so it may smell like hay. :rofl:
The chlorophyll doesn't break down until you cure it.
Then you can smell the pot..
How are your small branches?
Are they snapping yet?
5 days is a decent amount of time, is your environment controlled?
Room rh and temps at around 60?
Don't over dry them, that can be fatal.
Talk soon Amigo. :ciao:

Stay safe
Ermm the smaller buds do still seem a little moist still. the enviroment has roughly been 20c and the humidity in the range of 60 to 75% had some rain lately and its been humid outside

Sup guys another little update on this drying scene. So popped in for a look and felt the stalks they did have movment in them but not a true snap and also the buds still feel bit sticky and stickin my fingers together, its day 6 and the humidity has come back to bite me with a high 80 ive increased the intake fan for more airflow hopefully this will get them over the line within 48 hours :Namaste:

Sup guys another little update on this drying scene. So popped in for a look and felt the stalks they did have movment in them but not a true snap and also the buds still feel bit sticky and stickin my fingers together, its day 6 and the humidity has come back to bite me with a high 80 ive increased the intake fan for more airflow hopefully this will get them over the line within 48 hours :Namaste:
Be careful with a fan near them.
Minor air movement is all you want.
Check the smallest branches.
Do they break?

Stay safe

Hi bill hope your good man. They dont snap off they just bend??
Ok don't get complacent now.
Check every 4-6 hrs.
It's getting down to the end and over drying will happen quick if your not careful.
The end point of drying is where most mistakes are made.
You can always pop them out of jars for an hour if they are moist.
But once you get past > 60% it's not coming back. ;)

Stay safe

Ok don't get complacent now.
Check every 4-6 hrs.
It's getting down to the end and over drying will happen quick if your not careful.
The end point of drying is where most mistakes are made.
You can always pop them out of jars for an hour if they are moist.
But once you get past > 60% it's not coming back. ;)

Stay safe
Ok no worries al get some more jars and get them clipped soon I think its been the higher humidty which has slowed this drying process. Isnt it around 7 days for drying?

Ok no worries al get some more jars and get them clipped soon I think its been the higher humidty which has slowed this drying process. Isnt it around 7 days for drying?
I've hit 62 in 5 easy.
Once in 3, disaster.
It's dependent on the environment.
The longer the better but after 5 days the end can happen at any time.
I just didn't want you to wait too long in-between checking.
I've done it.
Got busy and forgotten about the drying room. :rofl:
2 days later I was heartbroken.
4 pounds of primo ruined.
That's all.:ciao:

Stay safe

I've hit 62 in 5 easy.
Once in 3, disaster.
It's dependent on the environment.
The longer the better but after 5 days the end can happen at any time.
I just didn't want you to wait too long in-between checking.
I've done it.
Got busy and forgotten about the drying room. :rofl:
2 days later I was heartbroken.
4 pounds of primo ruined.
That's all.:ciao:

Stay safe
You got me thinking now lol just checked again and some feel crisp compared to others the enviroment humidity wise has hit no lower than 50% but higher times of 85 like it is now. Guna chop the drier ones and get em in my jar. First bud going in lol.

You got me thinking now lol just checked again and some feel crisp compared to others the enviroment humidity wise has hit no lower than 50% but higher times of 85 like it is now. Guna chop the drier ones and get em in my jar. First bud going in lol.
Nothing wrong with picking a few dryer ones to throw in jars.
Actually a great idea. :thumb:

Stay safe

Took a few branches and popped em in the humidity is now 86% in the jar will this only go down when burped everyday? I will probably be adding more to the jar later aswell. P.s ive never cured b4 lol so im still a noob on this ha.
happy growing guys

20220912_153323.jpg

20220912_152805.jpg
Stop
86 is high don't put any more in.
I thought you were going to do a few small ones as a test.
Let them sit out for a bit before you jar those at 86.
Wait on the rest.

Stay safe

Took a few branches and popped em in the humidity is now 86% in the jar will this only go down when burped everyday? I will probably be adding more to the jar later aswell. P.s ive never cured b4 lol so im still a noob on this ha.
happy growing guys

20220912_153323.jpg

20220912_152805.jpg
Hey growmie :cheesygrinsmiley: I would say that the humidity is very high to start jarring and curing! I would cut all the buds of the stalks pop them in a paper bag and give them a few more days to dry. Have you got a dehumidifier? Or somewhere the rh is low? Much love bruva :circle-of-love:

Hey growmie :cheesygrinsmiley: I would say that the humidity is very high to start jarring and curing! I would cut all the buds of the stalks pop them in a paper bag and give them a few more days to dry. Have you got a dehumidifier? Or somewhere the rh is low? Much love bruva :circle-of-love:
Stop
86 is high don't put any more in.
I thought you were going to do a few small ones as a test.
Let them sit out for a bit before you jar those at 86.
Wait on the rest.

Stay safe
Oh ok thanks bill ive not added anymore just left it to what is in there. Should I just leave them sat on a tray then?

Back
Top Bottom