Grind trim for butter?

I've read the 7 ez steps to make butter thread. And xlr8's thread on oil.

I have seen some mention of grinding before making the butter. But not from the op of the 7 easy steps to butter thread.

Xlr8 says it makes it more potent. But I dont understand why. I was just presuming the trichs all fall off in the process and melt in with the butter.

I have a coffee grinder, so that's no problem. I have 97 grams of trim, and bought some drawn butter which I am about to liquify into a pot to start preparing my butter.

Do I need to grind all the dry trim up?

Thanks.

I am no expert....But in the past when I used to make brownies.. I would always use a Mortar and pestle and add this to the butter..Didn't know any better just seemed like the right thing to do...Always turned out better then just crushing and adding to the dry mix..:)

Well,

Presumably, grinding it makes more surface area which enables the oil/butter to interact with the pot more efficiently. If you throw in a really dense dank bud, I would assume that the oil/butter would have a hard time soaking all the way into the inside to get all the good stuff.

I just made myself some butter today. I use a 1/4 ounce or really dank "The Kush". I ground it up with a standard bud grinder and threw it in there with a 1/2 pound of butter. It was big enough that it strained really well. But small enough that it mixed really well with the butter. I really don't like using the coffee grinder since it grinds it up way too small. It's really hard to strain out the powder and such.

Anyway, I made my butter than then through what was left of the bud into the cookie mix. Here's the recipe I used .........

1 cup flower
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 ounce pot (recipe actually calls for 3/4 ounce) ..... but a 1/4 is what I had available
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt (I use sea salt)
1/4 cup butter (I used canna butter)
1/4 cup maple suryp
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup chopped/sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 400

grease baking sheet
mix flour, oatmeal, pot, and baking soda ..... mix well
in a seperate bowl, mix salt, butter, maple suryp and peanut butter until a droopy consistancy
mix both bowls together
add nuts and/or raisin
roll dough into small balls (about 2 tbsp) and put them onto baking sheet
bake for 7-9 minutes.

Now, they are just sitting on the stove. I'm afraid to try them ........ LOL.

They were OK ..... not that potent. But, I only ate one. Next time, I'll eat two and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom