Grooster's 1st Grow (top-drip, bato-bucket hydro) AK47 Clones

Just got caught up on your journal and you have a very nice setup and thing look like the are coming along very nicely. The first true test of a system is when you have to leave it and when you come back all is good and it looks like you past that test with flying colors. Plants look like they are putting on some nice growth, great job and keep up the good work. Looking forward to watching those ladies grow. + rep

Those babies are looking great man. They're just getting their legs and will be running full-out soon enough. :goodjob:

:peace:

Looking awesome! ....LST ....Personaly...i would tie them down to opposite side of pot and secure bottom of stem to side of pot
here is a link on some simple LST i made here in fourms
How to LST
Don't look like you will have any problems training them....all looking great so far + reps
I never top clones personally...just train them or let them grow straight up

They look healthy grooster;) your comin along just fine :cheer::popcorn:
Right on thanks DroJo let's hope they continue to thrive despite my lack of experience heeheh!

Just got caught up on your journal and you have a very nice setup and thing look like the are coming along very nicely. The first true test of a system is when you have to leave it and when you come back all is good and it looks like you past that test with flying colors. Plants look like they are putting on some nice growth, great job and keep up the good work. Looking forward to watching those ladies grow. + rep

Hey man thanks for stopping by and checking out the grow and thanks for the reps! Stay tuned for more updates...

labrat said:
Those babies are looking great man. They're just getting their legs and will be running full-out soon enough.

Thanks LabRat I am going to ramp up the nutes starting tomorrow...

stizz1e said:
thats a cool looking set up. I'm in.

Thanks Stizz1e barring any accidental stupidity on my part we should have an interesting grow to watch hehe...

tunes420 said:
Looking awesome! ....LST ....Personaly...i would tie them down to opposite side of pot and secure bottom of stem to side of pot
here is a link on some simple LST i made here in fourms
How to LST
Don't look like you will have any problems training them....all looking great so far + reps
I never top clones personally...just train them or let them grow straight up

Right on thanks for checking it out Tunes420. I will check out your links, I am thinking LST is right for me...More info to come...

Heyhey Fastfor20 thanks for checking out the grow. I know how you feel about messing around with the ladies.

I decided to start the LST last night. I am just using twine and binder clips for this.

Day 10 and the girls are looking good. They probably don't like being tied down, but then again, mebbe they do LOL. Anyways, I have pulled them down and fastened in place. I will probably pull them down a little more each after they have had time to bend safely. (Don't want to snap my precious babies)

I am also going full strength nutes today. They have been on a mild solution for 7 days now. Should see some serious growth in the coming week if I don't burn the girls...

Here are some pics of the LST I started lastnight...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_005.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_006.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_007.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_008.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_009.jpg

Nice job on the plant bondage. Im sure those plants love to be tied down. Plants look nice and healthy, great job and keep up the great work it fun to watch...

That's it. Tie them bitches down! Nothing like a little restraint to teach them who's boss.

That looks like it will work pretty good. As they grow with the tops tied over they will grow into the shape you want them. No way you'll snap them that way. They should be OK going full strength on the nutes but I always like going up in steps like 300-600-1000ppm as the growth accelerates.

They sure look like some sweet ass babies and will give you lots of pleasure. :goodjob: :popcorn:

:goodjob: The only thing I would add bro, is i'd have a string towards the bottom of the stem Lsting in the opposite direction to provide counter-tension. Otherwise, still lookin good :popcorn:

Nice job on the plant bondage. Im sure those plants love to be tied down. Plants look nice and healthy, great job and keep up the great work it fun to watch...

Thanks Sonzor. The tie-down is fun but a bit scary. I can see myself wrecking the whole grow trying to get fancy. But, so far, so good...

That's it. Tie them bitches down! Nothing like a little restraint to teach them who's boss.

That looks like it will work pretty good. As they grow with the tops tied over they will grow into the shape you want them. No way you'll snap them that way. They should be OK going full strength on the nutes but I always like going up in steps like 300-600-1000ppm as the growth accelerates.

They sure look like some sweet ass babies and will give you lots of pleasure. :goodjob: :popcorn:

LabRat you are hilarious!! And I couldn't agree more HEHE!

I need to get a tds meter badly so I can monitor as closely as you do. Information is power and right now I got no info lol....I am going by volume and nute chart but will definitely be getting one as soon as I can. Thanks for watching the grow and your advice LabRat!

:goodjob: The only thing I would add bro, is i'd have a string towards the bottom of the stem Lsting in the opposite direction to provide counter-tension. Otherwise, still lookin good :popcorn:

Word up DroJo...I have seen peeps using something on the bottom part of the stem...Is that just for preventing the plant from pulling up? Cuz I was real careful and there was no pulling up at all...the ladies are firmly in place now. Do I need it for other than that? I was just worried about having something potentially cutting into the stem...so low and it would be a disaster.

I appreciate you taking the time...what do you think...will it be cool or should I do that bottom string right away to prevent a future issue. Thanks again bro.

Looking real good here!!! Your off to a great start... I am excited to see how this grow goes because I would like to try a hydro grow sometime next year.

Nice man... the plants are looking great... cant wait til they start budding... And I would deff strap the bottom down.. It helps force the plant to tilt... just a idea... but they are looking great!!!!! :yummy:

Right on man...after hearing from you and DroJo I will definitely strap em down today. I just worry about cutting into the stems. I will watch closely though. Thanks for the support guys.

Looking real good here!!! Your off to a great start... I am excited to see how this grow goes because I would like to try a hydro grow sometime next year.

Hey Thanks Joe...I love this hydro setup for its ease of use and automation. I really get to sit back and watch it happen for the most part. Yea I gotta raise the lamp soon and do reservoir changes periodically but its kinda like having a fish tank...a lot of pleasure for a little maintenance. I might go back to keeping a fish tank, I hear the water is great for plants.

Thanks for looking guys!

L8ER

Day 12 Update with pics...

Hey all, its day three of full nutes and the girls look great lots of growth filling out. I retied them and also added a tie-down at the bases of each as suggested by DroJo and Rocafellarush. THANKS!

I have been monitoring pH daily as well...staying like 5.8 to 6.0 (using drop tester). Would love to get a good quality pH meter as funds become available....

Here are pics of the plants on day 12 with full nutes for three days...This is right after the re-tie so they haven't adjusted upward but they are getting bushy which is what I want...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_003.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_005.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_006.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_007.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_008.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_009.jpg

And here they are when I first got them...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_0_007.JPG

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_0_005.JPG

Good job man... you are deff doing a awesome job... I have seen so many people do the LST and I have only seen the string go into the stem once but they were also using thin wire which isnt a good idea... but you should be alright with the string u got... Good Job Groosters!!!!!!

Oh yeah I am growing Ak-48 which everyone is saying its just like Ak-47 just to diff companys making it... lol so check my grow out if u got the time...

Good job man... you are deff doing a awesome job... I have seen so many people do the LST and I have only seen the string go into the stem once but they were also using thin wire which isnt a good idea... but you should be alright with the string u got... Good Job Groosters!!!!!!

Oh yeah I am growing Ak-48 which everyone is saying its just like Ak-47 just to diff companys making it... lol so check my grow out if u got the time...

Hehe, Right on Man thanks for the support...I think I dig this LST the girls are bushing out nicely...I just checked out yer grow and kudos man the ladies are looking hot...won't be long now for the chop chop IYKWIM. Our girls really don't look very similar I think mine are Sativa Dominant while yours look more Indica dominant. Thats just my rookie assessment of course lol. Supposedly my strain is 65 sativa 35 indica. Again, thanks for stopping in I will stay tuned to your grow...

Doing good there Grooster! Ladies are lookin fine. :yummy: How long you planning to veg for?

What UP Kailpot?? I think I will veg for 5weeks total to get maximum bush (lol). They are just about at the end of week two now. So, three more weeks will probably give me all the veg I need. I have to play it by ear though in case of any mishaps or extremely rapid growth plus LST slows down veg a bit I think...

Thanks for staying tuned...L8ER

Back
Top Bottom