Ground Zero Newbie Grower

Re: Ground zero newbie grower.

Great set up, and about the too many strains is there such a thing? Go big or go home. All is looking great. Great job...

Great set up, and about the too many strains is there such a thing? Go big or go home. All is looking great. Great job...

you outdoor growers don't understand how us indoor growers feel about light burn, lol
All you have to worry about is the tall ones blocking your view.
yeah I'm a little jealous does it show?;)

heheh

You guys sure know how to make a newbie feel welcome. This is a very comfortable forum where help is very easy to find. None of the competitive crap and secrets that could make or break a grow.

Fluro: I planning to pick up a small shop vac. I made a hell of a mess during transplant. The washing machine trays have been a huge help in keeping the mayhem under control.

Sonzor: I will do multi strains again but will plan better on the strains I grow. I will grow strains that have a similar finish time rather than a mix that may have a range of 6-12 weeks. Live and learn.

I try my best to share what I have learned so far. It really is not that difficult to grow if you take the time to do some reading before you start. Doing my part to keep the world a greener place.

Is it normal for the first fan leaves to dry up? Just checked the kids. Soil is still moist. 4-5 plants had the first fan leaves dry up. Likely from the transplant. They are all showing new growth and they have perked up. No more droopy leaves.

Dude! your set up looks a lot like mine,as far as the light panels go LOL ....anyways it looks very nice, I wish I had a little more room like you have........good luck and ill be watchin

Overall I am happy with how all the equipment is running and how well the plants are progressing.
Hey Screwnuts, nice set up clean and wattage galore. I am just settling in for the long winters here and short daylight so I get to get caught up on some in fourm reading again.
Is it normal for the first fan leaves to dry up? Just checked the kids
Yes, after some transplantings and new found deeper soils some younger fan leaves will and can dwindle off. Keep an eye on things as to check on any shock that might have occuured. It does not appear so though.
Good stuff Screw::surf::nicethread:

HH,
How are the side lights working for you? Hoping they add enough to make the extra electricity worth while.

Cerma,
Thank you for the encouraging words. The dry bottom leaves had me a little concerned. Everything else is looking very good. They are responding nicely to all the light. One day at a time.

You guys sure know how to make a newbie feel welcome. This is a very comfortable forum where help is very easy to find. None of the competitive crap and secrets that could make or break a grow.

Fluro: I planning to pick up a small shop vac. I made a hell of a mess during transplant. The washing machine trays have been a huge help in keeping the mayhem under control.

Sonzor: I will do multi strains again but will plan better on the strains I grow. I will grow strains that have a similar finish time rather than a mix that may have a range of 6-12 weeks. Live and learn.

I try my best to share what I have learned so far. It really is not that difficult to grow if you take the time to do some reading before you start. Doing my part to keep the world a greener place.

When you get a shop vac make sure its wet/dry, that way if you do hydro it will make a difference in your clean up. TRUST ME ON THAT ONE!!and as far as the strains go. I would save a clone from each plant then mother the ones you want to grow the next run and just keep cutting at least one or two clones of each strain as they grow and you can grow just the strains you want with the timing you want. This is how you keep strains around without having to kill them then find them or order the seeds all over again. THis is just a suggestion though. Good luck!!:bong:

The Butcher,
I am thinking hard on the clone idea. It would speen things along for round 2. My worry about keeping mother plants is my grow space in the summer will be very hot. Temps 90-100 sustained is the norm. I don't want to run a/c so I am likely only good for 2 grows a year. Since I am only growing for myself I know I will have plenty of meds. I may try my hand at cloning just so I can learn how to do it for my second grow. No room in the tent right now to veg additional new starts.

First Grow???? Awesome first grow bro! :nicethread:

Thank you all. Getting a little nervous. I have to leave the kids unattended starting tomorrow for 2-1/2 days. Planning to give them a good feeding and hope for the best. I will update photos when I get back. Get your fingers crossed that they will be fine.

Thank you all. Getting a little nervous. I have to leave the kids unattended starting tomorrow for 2-1/2 days. Planning to give them a good feeding and hope for the best. I will update photos when I get back. Get your fingers crossed that they will be fine.

You're in 5 gallon pots and the plants aren't massive yet, should be fine for a couple of days. Altho I understand being a little nervous. If you cover the soil with something you'll lose less through evaporation, maybe foil or plStic wrap.

I would think 2.5 days is not going to be a problem barring any major issues. If they are watered have there light, they should be fine and you will come back after 2.5 days and be amazed how much they have grow since the last time you saw them. Good luck and great job...

I know there is a feeling of worry especially considering all the work that has been done to get to this point. If the plants were outdoors they certainly would go more than a few days without being watered if grown in the wild. They is sufficient amount of soil to extract the water they need so go ahead and enjoy your trip I am sure your "children" will be fine when you get back. Have a nice trip.. :)

I am still gathering the final pieces to my new adventure into growing. I have always been facinated with the different methods of growing and finally taking the plunge myself. I started smoking back in the late 70's through the early 80's. I then took a 25 year break. lol. About 18 months ago I sustained an injury that required some pretty extensive surgery with lots of plates and screws. Needless to say they sent me home with a pharmacy of pain meds. Vicodine, Valum, Oxy, you name it they threw it at me. I hated all of them. They made me brain dead and didn't kill the pain. I have a buddy that I know who smokes and asked him to hook me up. MJ to the rescue. Pain was gone, I could sleep, and my recovery progress improved. Since then I am a believer.

On to the stuff you really want to hear about. lol. I won't start this grow until I have everything in place and it has been tested out. I plan to run the tent empty for a day or two just to make sure everything is functioning properly. Once I know it all works and my temps are under control I will begin the grow.

This will be an indoor soil grow in a tent.

Equipment list:

Growlab 120L 4'x8' tent.
Sun Systems Galaxy 600 watt electronic balasts (2ea)
Sun Systems Super Sun 2 air cooled reflectors (2ea)
Hotilux Super HPS bulbs (2ea)
Sun Systems Sun Blaze 4ft 8-bulb T5's (2ea)
GE digital timers (3ea)
CWP PH meter
Oregon Scientific wireless temperature/humidity monitor.

Equipment still needed:

Inline fans (3ea)
Misc ducting
5-gal buckets
Fox Farm soil
Fox Farm nuts
Ocilating fan
1-gal buckets

Seeds (in transit):

Bubblelicious
Alaskan Ice
Strawberry Haze
Purple Force
PPX
Afgan sativa (freebie)

This weekend I will get the tent up and start getting all systems dialed in. Stay tuned for more updates.:surf:

i absolutely hate how fucked up our govt. is! It is okay to prescribe oxycontin, which is equivalent to ******, no joke, been there, done that, its the exact same thing as ******! its just in a pill form, called oxycontin. its injectable and snortable and even smokable just like ******! how convenient! but to the point of the story.............the US govt. seems to think its okay to prescribe synthetic ******, but herb is the devil. lmfao! this is so ridiculous. the only reason they wont legalize "marijuana" is because too many people make too much money the way it is. from fines to the black market, everyone makes money the way it is. which is cool. the only thing i hate it the bad name "marijuana" has with people who don't smoke. its so pathetic. people think its some drug that paralyzes society. which is not even close to true, everyone from your doctor, lawyer, nurse, dentist, teacher, etc. uses marijuana, and it does not affect their daily tasks what so ever. if weed is illegal, then alcohol should also be. alcohol is actually worse then weed, you can get so much more fucked up on alcohol! stumbling drunk, violent, etc. weed makes you pass out at the most. its so sad, how society labled "marijuana" a long time ago with such a terrible stereotype! the dead beat stoner who cant get off the couch and work is what society thinks pot does to people. which is not true. its a stereotype. its messed up that people who chose to smoke some pot and potentially get in trouble with the law getting caught with pot are looked at as criminals and hoarding our prisons/jails with wasted taxpayers $$$! it really is sad. how is someone who choses to drink any better then someone who choses to smoke a pipe of nugget? come the fuck on society! this is sad. its the govt. that is so narrow minded, they wont even listen

Back
Top Bottom