Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

The best thing iv found for autos is just to let them do their own thing.. And trim away fan leaves so that bud sites get most light.
And with my photos I top and LST.. Autos don't like being messed with but if u really want to do something LST will be your best bet
Don't know how many plants I would f**k up without you guys for reference. Seriously, thanks!

I've been meaning to ask.... Boatshoe, you a salty old Sailor? I'm a retired Navy man and Boatshoe sure sounds like a few Chiefs I knew. LoL
Haha I am by no means a real sailor. I used to sail as a pastime when I lived in FL for many years. Daysailing, hobie cats, small sloops, that sort. I had a 16ft trailerable that was a lot of fun.
Now I wear boat shoes in the garden except when I wear heavy boots for heavy work. But I don't do much heavy work. :)

The best thing iv found for autos is just to let them do their own thing.. And trim away fan leaves so that bud sites get most light.
And with my photos I top and LST.. Autos don't like being messed with but if u really want to do something LST will be your best bet

Here's a comparison, My yard white widow autos, one fimmed and trained, other was hands off.

The small one, I removed maybe a dozen leaves because of fungus, but left it. It has a nice shape and is getting resinous. I should have used a larger container but it is a nice plant I think. A big difference is the big one is in the ground, of course. It is days away from harvest on the little one.

IMG_034343.JPG

The big one does not have more primary branches but way more growth out, and even height.

So this just happened...

Remember how I had issues with too much heat in my grow cab? I installed a DIY carbon filter a few days ago and this caused my temperature to go higher again.. before the filter I was able to get my temperature down to about 76F constant.. I then ran a small desk fan behind my grow cab to get it down to about 74 (not much of an improvement but it helped).

After the filter however, my temps went up to 83F! Tried repositioning the desk fan at different angles, but this just made things worse.. up until a point where I couldn't get it below 87F without having the cab door wide open.

Gave up on the desk fan, thought "okay, maybe my extraction fan isn't strong enough to pull enough air through the filter"..

Anyway long story short, I played around with my intake and circulation fan inside my flower cab.

Prior to the fix:
I had my 12V PC fan running at 17V as extraction
A smaller PC fan running 15V active intake.
Another duplicate fan on 12V to cool CFLs in floodlight hood.

I disconnected both smaller fans to see how the temperature would react (how hot it would really get in there).

And voilà!

Well it's fixed now... Mostly by accident and I really can't explain how/why... But now I only have my extraction fan with filter attached and my temperature went down to 69F.

As soon as I connected either of the two fans, temperature went up (especially for the intake)..

Weird thing however.. I had the same setup in my veg cab (only missing circulation fan) and it was always a bit cold even with lights on only around 65F... Disconnected it's intake fan and voilà! 71F...

In one case turning my active intake to passive lowered my temperature drastically.. where in the veg it hightened?

Anyone have an idea why this had such an effect? I'm guessing maybe something with negative pressure, but how can 1 small pc fan being disconnected drop my temperature by almost 20F?

Here's a comparison, My yard white widow autos, one fimmed and trained, other was hands off.

The small one, I removed maybe a dozen leaves because of fungus, but left it. It has a nice shape and is getting resinous. I should have used a larger container but it is a nice plant I think. A big difference is the big one is in the ground, of course. It is days away from harvest on the little one.

IMG_034343.JPG

The big one does not have more primary branches but way more growth out, and even height.

That's a huge difference, not only does it look more impressive, I'm pretty sure the yield on the trained one is more?

Both beautiful plants though, I always find the natural way they appear to be more appealing to me for some reason. One of the reasons I wanted to grow one of my 4 out with no influence from my side.. but I'm afraid I won't have enough vertical space to attempt that. Some sort of training will be required.

Edit: I really do like the look of the smaller one... It's like a small marijuana Christmas tree! Sort of

That's a huge difference, not only does it look more impressive, I'm pretty sure the yield on the trained one is more?

Both beautiful plants though, I always find the natural way they appear to be more appealing to me for some reason. One of the reasons I wanted to grow one of my 4 out with no influence from my side.. but I'm afraid I won't have enough vertical space to attempt that. Some sort of training will be required.

Edit: I really do like the look of the smaller one... It's like a small marijuana Christmas tree! Sort of

Yes, the natural plant is pretty. For sure, my favorite Christmas present :)
The flowers are different, too, more calyxes. I'll find out about yield and quality in a few weeks, and let you know :)

You don't have much space, so manage your canopy like Lion mentioned. I'd let them go or top one.

I am not going to top my bubbas, because the growth is too slow. Looking at them today, my concern is it will slow their growth. Things happen so fast with autos.

Im really pleased to see all this informative information :thumb: keep it up guys. I think we can positively say we are all learning and enjoying this ?

That's a great tip boatshoe posted if you read inbetween the lines:
" I am not going to top my bubbas, because the growth is too slow. Looking at them today, my concern is it will slow their growth "

That should give you a better idea on when to top and when not .. If your plants have fast and vigorous growth then topping and training them would be a great option BUT if the growth is slow paced it will be a better option to just let the plant grow naturally!!
:high-five:

Mr Gibbs - Howzit buddy , the Nitrosol is great for veg (only use half the recommended dose) and the other 1 I have not heard of BUT I can recommend Dr. Fishers Multi Feed which is available all over SA :cheer: its a 10 in one fertilizer ment only for fruiting and flowering plants (again only use half the dosage). That will work great , trust me :thumb:

Remember FEED FEED FLUSH repeat

Hello guys. Can I still join your group grow? I just got in some auto uk cheese and some auto pineapple express auto seeds. They are being germinated today!

I had a topped OG....2 main colas very close together. I saw a little mold between them so I tied them apart...and the main cola split. With my heart in my throat, I went to Google and found that splitting the main stalk is common in africa. It turned out well and nothing slowed down growth wise.
My WW I topped, then LST the branches. Colas all over the place. LST the secondaries but stopped doing that cause I wondered if I would get more but smaller nugs since I have no experience.
I topped my OG for our project and it looks good. I'll be careful not to pull the Colas apart.

SC - Great job bud, looking nice and healthy :thumb:

DirtBagg - Welcome to our lil community..:welcome:
Like i say to all late arrivals, spread your knowledge; learn from others; and enjoy the experience. Once our group grow comes to an end I will change this to a community grow :)

I started off with my main goal of the journal/thread being for all of us to learn and enjoy our grow experiences together while our plants go through their different phases/stages .. We have totally exceeded my expectations !!
This is starting to feel more like a family to me.. Lets keep the good times rolling :thanks::bravo::high-five:

Back
Top Bottom