Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

Is it just me, or do my autos look bigger than some of the others in here? Or am I just biased? :laughtwo:

This is Mrs. Buttersworth (Buddha Seeds-Syrup-fem-auto). She is 34 from seed and starting to show some pistils. Looking mighty bushy and about 15" tall.

20170818_193249.jpg

Last but not least we have Donna (Sweet Seeds-Red Poison-fem-auto). She is also 34 and also 15" tall, but went into the tent 4 days before Mrs. B...not sure if that's why she's flowering already, or if she is really just that fast of a strain! Lets take a closer look at those buds though!

20170818_193300.jpg

#nofilter. The buds are literally coming in purple! I think I'm gonna end up buying a nice supply of these. I'm all about those colorful buds.

I wonder how efficient it is to try and force seeds from a female auto...Any experienced auto seed makers?

20170818_195907.jpg

I'm in such awe of this strain!

20170818_195930.jpg

Will you just look at her!

2017-08-19-15-03-05.jpg

Curious to see what kind of yield I get from these autos. I would be satisfied with .5oz from each.

Is it just me, or do my autos look bigger than some of the others in here? Or am I just biased? :laughtwo:

This is Mrs. Buttersworth (Buddha Seeds-Syrup-fem-auto). She is 34 from seed and starting to show some pistils. Looking mighty bushy and about 15" tall.

20170818_193249.jpg

Last but not least we have Donna (Sweet Seeds-Red Poison-fem-auto). She is also 34 and also 15" tall, but went into the tent 4 days before Mrs. B...not sure if that's why she's flowering already, or if she is really just that fast of a strain! Lets take a closer look at those buds though!

20170818_193300.jpg

#nofilter. The buds are literally coming in purple! I think I'm gonna end up buying a nice supply of these. I'm all about those colorful buds.

I wonder how efficient it is to try and force seeds from a female auto...Any experienced auto seed makers?

20170818_195907.jpg

20170818_195930.jpg

2017-08-19-15-03-05.jpg

Curious to see what kind of yield I get from these autos. I would be satisfied with .5oz from each.

I would have to agree your babies certainly have grown into some fine female specimens. Any male cannabis plant would be lucky to spread pollen all over those buds (keep them untouched though, just a thought).

Loving the purple buds, will be keeping this strain in mind if I ever get out of the swazi bagseed routine I've caught myself in (due to lack of immediate strain choices and difficulty obtaining them where I'm at).

Love the purple buds, coop. My bubbas are kind of small, 10 inches or so at 28 days, plus one at half that. They are getting their roots and starting to grow, though.

20170818_193249.jpg

20170818_193300.jpg

20170818_195907.jpg

20170818_195930.jpg

2017-08-19-15-03-05.jpg

Look great. Got me beat.

Day 34 let the training begin!

I've decided to give a few different grow techniques a go with this grow in order to see which ones I prefer and exactly what the difference in total time from seed to harvest difference and yields will be.

Decided on:
Darkside: Topped
Gator: FIM'ed
Middle Child: No cutting whatsoever, just tie down
Song Sparrow: Main Lining / Fluxing (between the four of them, this to me was the only one right now I was willing to risk losing due to inexperience training)

I'm hoping I didn't start the LST too early, they weren't necessarily tall plants, but they were above 5th node already, working on the 6th. Internode spacing on all of them less than an inch.

Here's Darkside before the topping
420-magazine-mobile2092190332.jpg

And after topping, think I did a nice clean cut, shouldn't cause any problems.
420-magazine-mobile1005162391.jpg

Come over to the Darkside, we've got bondage!
420-magazine-mobile1256291475.jpg

I was able to bend her into this position immediately, more flexible than she looks!

Moving on..

Here's Gator pre-FIM
420-magazine-mobile650725202.jpg

Aaaaand post-FIM (hoping I did it correctly, would love the 4 colas instead of 2) get ready to see some weird growth on this one as it gets older.
420-magazine-mobile1734376093.jpg

And Tied (tied one of the fan leave as well: it was over the new shoots)
420-magazine-mobile349354210.jpg

Middle Child still looking stout, very tight nodes on this one, still looks different from the rest, broader leaves and not growing as spread as the rest. Same bagseeds (as I've said every time I mention her) so still no idea why she's looking different.
420-magazine-mobile1275532526.jpg

She got tied as well.
420-magazine-mobile1336021792.jpg

Last but not least Song Sparrow.. she's had some difficulties the last few days, but was brave enough to step forward and volunteer as tribute for Main Lining.
420-magazine-mobile1572568243.jpg

Topped and Stripped her down to the third node, and removed bottom growth as tutorials have shown.
420-magazine-mobile1601443862.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1429110904.jpg

(kept the 3 leaved fan leaf since she's still a bit small on the grow sites. No bondage for her yet. Also, she had red sap coming from the top above the 3rd... any explanation?
420-magazine-mobile980125147.jpg

The edges of the twisty ties seem a bit on the sharp side though... I'm afraid they might cut into the stems... anyone see anything wrong with what I've done here? Any comments, critique or advice is welcomed.

Watered them again slightly after the procedures were finished; then popped them back in the cab.

420-magazine-mobile1836583178.jpg

I would have to agree your babies certainly have grown into some fine female specimens. Any male cannabis plant would be lucky to spread pollen all over those buds (keep them untouched though, just a thought).

Loving the purple buds, will be keeping this strain in mind if I ever get out of the swazi bagseed routine I've caught myself in (due to lack of immediate strain choices and difficulty obtaining them where I'm at).

I'll pass on the kind words. They love getting compliments! And if I see any males runnin around males try to pollinate my ladies is gonna be in for a rude awakening! :laughtwo:

I've been searching and can't find a photo version. Seems to be only auto period so I'm gonna grab a few more to try and grow out for seeds.

Looking good! Definitely bigger than mine (at day 26 only about 7" tall.
I've wanted to grow purple herb for awhile now. Hope to find a strain to try soon.

If you decide to go the auto route, this Red Poison by Sweet Seeds sounds promising.

"Red Poison, bred by Sweet Seeds, is an auto-flowering hybrid of Green Poison and a Pakistani landrace strain, believed to be a Hindu Kush phenotype that was selected for its deep purple colors. The influence of cannabis ruderalis in Red Poison’s genetics induces the flowering cycle automatically and helps this strain complete its lifecycle, from seed to harvest, in about 8 weeks. The buds of Red Poison are almost too pretty to consume with their amazing range of dark red and violet hues. The aroma is a sweetmixture of fruit flavors and skunky musk that bring with it balanced hybrid effects that relax the body and blanket your head in a cloud of euphoria."

Look great. Got me beat.

Your lady is looking good! I'm interested to see how that topping works out.

Coop - Not to sure about yours being the biggest buddy haha :) My 1 critical that started on the 24/7 is looking great and has good size to her.. Love the strain you growing though , need to get it in my collection !

This is the bigger Critical Auto
420-magazine-mobile109975835.jpg

1 of the OG kush's in the bush (the DP's and OG's are around the same size)
420-magazine-mobile215467126.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1952453316.jpg

Here's an update on my ladies...

THC Bomb auto:
420-magazine-mobile45375292.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1743266194.jpg

Champion auto:
420-magazine-mobile485541004.jpg

...and the OG Kush photo:
420-magazine-mobile922334594.jpg

Each strain is about 2 weeks apart from when I planted each. Right around the 26 day point on the Bombs, 12 days on Champion, and 4 days on the OG. They all look healthy, just haven't hit a huge growth spurt yet.

Here's an update on my ladies...

THC Bomb auto:
420-magazine-mobile45375292.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1743266194.jpg

Champion auto:
420-magazine-mobile485541004.jpg

...and the OG Kush photo:
420-magazine-mobile922334594.jpg

Each strain is about 2 weeks apart from when I planted each. Right around the 26 day point on the Bombs, 12 days on Champion, and 4 days on the OG. They all look healthy, just haven't hit a huge growth spurt yet.
The bomb's coming along nicely, looks about ready to shoot out from here.

Funny how they sometimes take their time and then suddenly, BOOM! Bush

I moved the Champion over to it's final pot when I did the transplant of the THC Bomb. No real reason, just happened to be transplanting that day. It was pretty small, but was so much easier to transplant. The THC Bomb plants were a bitch! Never using square cloth pots again... Also never letting my girls get so big before moving them to the permanent home.

I moved the Champion over to it's final pot when I did the transplant of the THC Bomb. No real reason, just happened to be transplanting that day. It was pretty small, but was so much easier to transplant. The THC Bomb plants were a bitch! Never using square cloth pots again... Also never letting my girls get so big before moving them to the permanent home.
I don't like transplant either... Too much of a hassle and stress imo.. I fancy the direct to perma-home from jiffy pot approach.

Need some advice on this:
420-magazine-mobile2053263757.jpg

My internode spacing is seriously tight... Some of them as little as 5mm... Is this a good thing? Or should I find a way to space them out? Maybe move the lights further away?

This is very strange to me since it's sativa..

Also after training, some or my leaves are touching the soil.. and new shoots (still being small) on the bottom (soil side) of the plants might not get enough light to develop as quickly as the ones on top. I don't want to lose any grow sites due to under development.. or will they catch up ad I do training thing the shoots sideways as they grow bigger from now on?

Side note/question: they seem to be drinking water fairly quickly.. top soil completely dry (without fans) after less than 24 hours, and very little moisture about 2 inches in. Should I water more at a time? I have yet to water till I have runoff.. seems overkill to me?

So I've got a choice between two nutes from Dr. Fishers as recommended by LfZ.

One is classic, one is flowergro.

I'm wondering which of the two would be best suited to use for both vegging and flowering.

Basically comes down to 2:blushsmile:2 (classic) or 3:blushsmile:6 (flowergro)

This one is 19:bigblush:16 (43)
420-magazine-mobile1783997375.jpg

This one is 3:blushsmile:6 (46)
420-magazine-mobile1557583913.jpg

Advice? :D

You want the FlowerGro :thumb:

And only use half the dosage, you can always start feeding more at a later stage.. Its good to let the babies get use to it !
It works great

I don't have experience much with these fertilizers. That flowergro seems to have a lot of nitrogen, to be recommended for flowering. It is a good balance for veg. I am also surprised about so much potassium. I mostly grow in a different environment so it sounds like Lion knows the product. This will be good for me to learn about for my next indoor grow.
Another thing about the two is that one notes that the metals (iron, zinc, etc) are chelated but the other doesn't. That's probably an omission, I'm sure their chelated.
About your watering, JG, make sure you are getting the roots and surrounding soil wet. The roots won't grow into dry. And the microbes can't live. I don't like to water stress my plants, but some people let them droop. Does the pot drain well?

I don't have experience much with these fertilizers. That flowergro seems to have a lot of nitrogen, to be recommended for flowering. It is a good balance for veg. I am also surprised about so much potassium. I mostly grow in a different environment so it sounds like Lion knows the product. This will be good for me to learn about for my next indoor grow.
Another thing about the two is that one notes that the metals (iron, zinc, etc) are chelated but the other doesn't. That's probably an omission, I'm sure their chelated.
About your watering, JG, make sure you are getting the roots and surrounding soil wet. The roots won't grow into dry. And the microbes can't live. I don't like to water stress my plants, but some people let them droop. Does the pot drain well?

No idea... I've never watered enough to see runoff...

(I'm clueless when it comes to fertilizer)

The nitrogen is a little bit high but that's why you only use half the recommended dose (water dilutes the mix).
These are easily available ferts and really does work well.

Boatshoe - Allot of the nutes and fertz we use in SA come from your local hardware, nursery, agri mark etc. AS the propper nutes and fertz that get sold in the hydro stores here are rediculously priced cos they know you cant get it anywhere else. the foccccckers
So we make do haha !

Okay so I've bought the nutrients,

It's recommended use lists it as 10g per 10litres of water.
Meaning I would be using half of the 10g per 10litres, right?

That gives us 5g/10l..
But I'll be mixing 5l at a time, so 2.5g/5litres.. right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm using a 500ml spray bottle to water my babies, giving 125ml (approximately even amounts each) to each one which is around 150-160 sprays each.

I spray 50 right at the spot where the stem goes into soil, then spray the rest over the top soil (is it okay to get some of the spray on the leaves?)

I've still not had any runoff come from the pots, I'm afraid of overwatering. Might I have bad drainage or just not enough water to go all the way through the soil?

Back
Top Bottom