Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

420-magazine-mobile446386027.jpg

Was checking out the older girls downstairs, theyre doing great so far. The other autos love the sk140, guess the one upstairs is the runt, i know i said it quite a few times lol but theres new members here and i dont want to get them confused or anything

Here's my box with the autos .. The 2 at the back are the exact same age haha , can u believe it. The Mamba(left 3weeks old) is ment to finish 10 days later than the tangerine(right) but the Mamba is budding and the tangey is standing dead in its tracks , my criticals which are 10days 2morow look like they might catch it sigh !
I'm still positive and happy cos I'm doing what I love , growing what I love :)

The yellowing on the leaves is almost entirely gone which I'm very happy about..
420-magazine-mobile1648897590.jpg

You all enjoying your grows and the journal/thread?

Alright... I've seen it a few times and I dig it. Gotta come up with 4 names for my girls. I'm thinking skeezy stripper names... Suggestions? LoL
Candy, Feisty, Strawberry, Vanilla, Star, Poison Ivy, Temptress

Haha I don't know :D

Having names helps me get personal with the plants though, I want them to thrive more for some reason. They're like pets... That I'll cut down and smoke if I take good care of them lol

420-magazine-mobile1239728350.jpg

Put them outside for a bit, this is the only spot with sun I could find where no prying eyes can see.

Haha yes, but on what setting? Jet stream or spray (mist)? Lol
Half way between jet and mist, the goldilocks setting :)
I agree with AK about the watering method and the symptoms. Those little baby plants probably have roots about the size of your hand. So that's the area you need to water and the surrounding area so the roots will grow out. Increasing over the next weeks until you are watering the whole pot.
Also your pots look like plastic, which is fine but keep aware they hold in water. They are easier to manage in warm times but watch they don't stay soggy.
Not too much, not too little.
Looks like theyre doing pretty good tho, JG
:thumb:

I had some grow issues and kind of ignored my baby Cream Caramel Auto. I ended up letting the poor little sprout dry out and die. Thought I should let everyone know.

I'll be beginning the process (soaking) on the other Cream Caramel Auto seed tomorrow. Too late for this thread, of course - but I'll still be following along and probably commenting now and then.

I wish to restate it for the record, lol: I killed her. It wasn't a fault of the genetics or anything.

I have another Sweet Seeds seed. Blow Mind Auto. I'll probably end up trying to grow that one, too. And two or three (four?) "Auto Mix (CKS)" seeds, as well.

You see, I'm about to clear out the grow room. Something I should have done months ago. How I managed to think this big SoB was a female, IDK. Well, yes... I had one "feminized" and one "regular" plant, so I didn't bother to determine the sex of the "feminized" one. But there was some question as to which was which, because when I initially moved them from their cups into actual pots, I ended up doing both at the same time and when it came time to label them, lol, both cups were off to the side, together. So I mentally flipped a coin, labeled the pots, and kind of forgot about it. Until I grabbed one of the tips of my big "feminized" plant to move it out of my way and ended up with a handful of... male flowers.

I might take cuttings from the other one. But it's in a sad state. These TWO (whoops ;) ) plants were going to provide clones to fill the bulk of my grow space. Now that I'm thinking of wiping the slate, so to speak... Well, the thought of having a couple (several, lol?) plants that can be harvested 65 to 90(?) days after they sprout has suddenly become much more appealing. Plus, I will have the option of starting a regular plant or two in the same space without screwing up the auto-flowers' flowering cycles.

I wish I had extra(?) auto-flowering seeds. This would be a good time for me to start more plants than I really need in order to experiment with a couple of different nutrients/setups without the hassle involved with devoting limited space to what could potentially be unproductive plants. But that may have to wait for a future grow.

I'm still, technically, just curious about auto-flowering strains - as opposed to being an auto-flower enthusiast. But I'm discovering the... utility of their characteristics on a personal level, lol. So who knows what my general attitude towards them will end up being? Certainly not I....

Occasionally, you get lucky and the reapplications of water will rehydrate the inner layer of the seedcase and things can proceed naturally. I've seen the cotyledons stick together and have to be helped ever so slightly. Usually it just means things dried a little too quickly (a hot CFL directly overhead can be enough to cause it, it's not exactly terribly uncommon). Once in a while I think the seedling just doesn't have enough vigor to do what it's supposed to. Both, occasionally, I suppose.

As in height? No, lol. Bulk up a little, maybe end up a bit heavier? Could be. Amber is a sign of degraded trichomes. I'd think that, as long as more new ones are being added (and maturing) than old ones are degrading, that it's still potentially "in development." But that's just a guess. IDK autos (that's why I'm in the thread ;) ).

Wouldn't be the first time a plant finished later than its specifications stated it would. Too much nitrogen before flowering really got started, a random phenotype variation, maybe the breeder counted actual flowering weeks instead of total time from sprout to harvest, or even just an overly optimistic description (for marketing purposes?).

If space isn't an issue - and if this is the last survivor of a disaster, lol - you might want to let the poor thing go and see what happens.

It's kind of cute. It'd be cuter if it was growing in a little cup, I guess. (Or 256x larger ;) .) But it's still cute. It's like the little cannabis plant that could. It could be chuggin' up a mountain in a little train, I'd be rooting, "Come on... Come on, you can make it!" LOL.

<Whispers> <PSST> I think it's a girl, lo.
HHaha oh my i needed that little laugh

Half way between jet and mist, the goldilocks setting :)
Thanks for the info (you too AK), will definitely be getting a spray bottle then!

Those little baby plants probably have roots about the size of your hand. So that's the area you need to water and the surrounding area so the roots will grow out. Increasing over the next weeks until you are watering the whole pot.
Also your pots look like plastic, which is fine but keep aware they hold in water. They are easier to manage in warm times but watch they don't stay soggy.
Not too much, not too little.
Looks like theyre doing pretty good tho, JG
:thumb:
I watered the whole pot after transplant, as this is what I read (water after transplant being very important?) But I realize now that I gave way too much for such little sprouts.. I've only watered once (very little amount around root area) since the transplant.

Would it be a good idea to remove them from the pots, let the soil dry out and then replant them and only give a little water around the sprouts roots? My plants look pretty sick though so maybe disturbing them with that kind of shock is out of the question....?

They're not doing so well...
I did notice that my Lights may be a little too close... Leaf of plant was only about 1.5 inches from my CFLs... Moved them away another inch..

The leaves also feel dry and crisp... Especially on Gator.

Darkside, has little to almost no spacing between new growth.. too much light too close maybe?
420-magazine-mobile508212067.jpg

Gator, leaves very dry and crisp, but drooping..
420-magazine-mobile900289549.jpg

Middle Child, she just looks really weird, leaves not as dry as Gator but don't feel like I remember my previous grow's sprouts feeling. And she has some weird dark spots appearing.
420-magazine-mobile1686733499.jpg

420-magazine-mobile155081096.jpg

420-magazine-mobile353627046.jpg

Song Sparrow, warped AF, sucker leaves are turning yellow...
420-magazine-mobile1599254729.jpg

Alright guys & gals...
I cut my Early Miss auto today. Gave her a good trim and hung up to dry. Puny little plant but I'm excited to see how it smokes when dried/cured properly. Not any real yield, but she is pretty.

420-magazine-mobile1322191514.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1140341891.jpg

Question for the group. Anyone saavy with reusing trim? This little plant didn't have much, but it seems like a waste to toss because of how frosty this girl was. Should I dry the trim and save until I have enough to make butter/tincture, or freeze raw and save? .... Or, take my little trim, de-carb and make a small batch of cookies next week? LoL Decisions...

I transplanted the three bubbas yesterday. These are my three bubba kush autos put into small potting soil filled jiffy pots, as seedling July 22. I cut the bottoms out of the jiffys before using and replaced with paper towel. There off to a bit of a slow start but they look nice and healthy.

These are in 7g bags and an old wine barrel planter. Here's the bubbas...

Here is each one. The smallest one had trouble getting out of the husk and was a day or so later with much smaller first leave. I helped it out with tweezers. It's fine now.

And here they are in the larger context of my yard, with some friends to keep them company.

Congrats on your little beauty, Preston! Every bud is good, especially with nice trichome. :)

I'd just toss the trim in the freezer, you're expecting more soon. On the other hand, if you crave the rich satisfying taste of toasted mmj, decarb and extract with butter and water, scoop the clarified butter off when it cools, and pour it over a handful of popcorn or pretzels. Add a touch of whatever you may enjoy, paprika, hot sauce, garlic powder, etc. That's my favorite super easy recipe. Unless you just want an excuse to make cookies, that's cool too.
:winkyface::winkyface:

Thanks for the info (you too AK), will definitely be getting a spray bottle then!

I watered the whole pot after transplant, as this is what I read (water after transplant being very important?) But I realize now that I gave way too much for such little sprouts.. I've only watered once (very little amount around root area) since the transplant.

Would it be a good idea to remove them from the pots, let the soil dry out and then replant them and only give a little water around the sprouts roots? My plants look pretty sick though so maybe disturbing them with that kind of shock is out of the question....?

They're not doing so well...
I did notice that my Lights may be a little too close... Leaf of plant was only about 1.5 inches from my CFLs... Moved them away another inch..

The leaves also feel dry and crisp...

I would just put a fan on them and they'll dry out. You do need to water the pot before you transplant otherwise you get dry spots and air pockets. Try watering the filled pot a couple days before the transplant and then let them dry to the point where there moist. That way the microbes can come alive too.

Maybe your spots are from the lights and that could cause some leave curl too. Get the water and lights proper and see how they look in a couple days. Maybe somebody else has seen those kind of spots. Even if it is fungus (I hate to even say that word) you can't spray it while the plants are stressed.

Back
Top Bottom