Grow box babies getting too tall.

buzzybabe

So I have a double stacked Rubbermaid setup and the ladies are getting pretty damn tall. Been flowering for around 2 weeks maybe? Have many little bud branches coming off of main stem and other longer ones that are having a hard time getting to the light due to large fan leaves. I have trimmed one fan leaf off of each before but am nervous about stressing them too much. I feel if I need to do anymore trimming, I need to do it now. LST isn't really an option considering the size of the space. I just moved around the cfls to try to give more of the plants more access to light. So should I maybe remove a couple more leaves while they're not too far into flowering? I don't know what strain they are so I don't know what height they're supposed to top out at. I am thinking indica and sativa mix. The cfls are as close as possible minus the 2 blue spectrums. So close that unfortunately have a tiny bit of burn. This is my first grow. Next time just one plant in there for sure.
outisde.jpg
Sideview11.jpg
Box89.jpg

If you feel like removing leaves during bloom, which there are pro's and con's to doing, then my opinion would be to not do it before week 3 or 4. It will only increase stretching. Without super cropping or LST, I don't think there really is a good way to sort your situation.

EDIT: unless you can raise the light(s), but I'm assuming you already thought of this.

Most of the stretch in the beginning of flowering is mostly done in the first 2 to 3 weeks.

You are more likely be able to ride it out but depends on how much they grow per day ?

Back
Top Bottom