Grow Room Fan Reviews - Which Is Best?

Jaz

About time a fan review thread is started; axial, oscillating, etc.

Keen to know what fans you guys have tried and recommend, what fans to avoid, best stealth fans (low noise), value for money, performance, reliability, etc.

Please include dimensions, features, compatibility with controllers, whether it was efficient enough for the size tent you have and price.

Doesn't have to be grow room specific fans and keen to hear about fans for micro grows.

j

About time a fan review thread is started; axial, oscillating, etc.

Keen to know what fans you guys have tried and recommend, what fans to avoid, best stealth fans (low noise), value for money, performance, reliability, etc.

Please include dimensions, features, compatibility with controllers, whether it was efficient enough for the size tent you have and price.

Doesn't have to be grow room specific fans and keen to hear about fans for micro grows.

j
Odd you posted that question, I recently bought two fans from ebay;

3 In 1 Evaporative Air Cooler 41" Portable Tower Fan Humidifier Air Cooling Fan

Very quite and perform so far.
Good luck

Looks like the right place I just harvested 2 plants and my tent went from a high of 80*F to 88 *F that is bad I have been rearraning fans I am cvonsidering adding a fan then I came across those units that let you add ice to the mix Like the one you got @garybo . I need to drop 10 degrees would bve awesome 5 degrees would make me happy. I got 2 more autos that are flowing now and after the harvest I am going to stricly photos Bigger harvest, better smoke and LESS ELECTRICITY BILLS I have a 4'x4'x80" I use a Mars Hydro TS3000 450 watt Light
@Jaz you are right no better time for a fan review Thank you

For micro grows the AC Infinity mutifan S3 is great for anything from air movement to intake & extraction dependent on size of grow box etc. They are 120mm 5V USB case fans. Multiple can be linked together and you can control the speed H/M/L. Really quiet. Small grows they are good to dot about the tent for air movement.

AC Infinity cloudline T & S series fans are great too. S series has a manual speed controller and the T series has a temp controller you can set your min and max. Nice and quiet. @Mars Hydro do their own version of these ones now but I haven't had chance to test one yet. Others have been happy with them.

I just bought a AC Infinity AXIAL 2589, Muffin Fan 10", supposed to be rated at 550 CFM. It did not blow well at all, I also bought the AC Infinity speed controller and it did not work. I ended up returning both of them. I do have a AC Infinity exhaust, I believe it is the T8 with controller and silencer, they work awesomely. I also put two AC Infinity AXIAL 1751 Muffin Fans with a dual speed controller, below my canopy, They are also awesome, rated at 211 CFM each (not quiet). I currently have cheapo Honeywell fans above the canopy that I am looking to replace, I am holding out for AC Infinity to release a new model of clip on 9" fan, Cloudray S9. They already have the Cloudray S6, 6" version for sale.

I have lots of fans. I used to have more, but some of them eventually failed, and as they did, I bought the good ones to replace them. I spent $100 on a good wall mounted oscillating fan for my bloom room, and I am considering getting another one to make cross currents of air in there. That was a wise investment. My extraction fan is a 6" Vortex, and that well made monster has been running for at least 10 years. I also have 2 Vivosun duct fans that have been real work horses for me too, and they seem to be as sturdy as a rock. Don't scrimp on your fans... you expect them to work well for years with no fires or clogging up with dust. Spend the money to make sure you get good ones.

Don't scrimp on your fans... you expect them to work well for years with no fires or clogging up with dust. Spend the money to make sure you get good ones.
^ Exactly why I thought I'd get informed opinions, see what's good and what's not, what lasts the distance, whether the cfm is adequate for the growspace, etc.

Thanks to everyone for your reviews.

Keep the reviews coming.

Edit:
I notice the title of my thread has been changed, I'm not asking 'which is best', just want to hear your reviews; if it works well, is quiet, meets your expectations, value for money, I'm good with that. ;)

j

i've tried the little in tent fans. i don't like them. i use an oscillating tower fan outside of the tent. worked in 1994, works now. :)

i have a huge filter fan set up but i'm lazy, stoned and will leave it in the closet . i'm legal and love the smell of weed all through the house.

Previously used hydrofarm active air (90-degree oscillating fan). Generally, this fan covered most of the area of my grow tent. Yeah, it was good at its performance but quite loud and I feel a little bit expensive too (compared to others). But what most I liked about this fan is its long power cord... :D And Now thinking to buy an inline fan if I'll grow indoors! Have you any suggestions for an inline fan?

I have two mars duct fans 6inch and 4 inch.
And more than a few rvk fans knocking about.
I found the rvk fans on a controller work best for me.
The power difference is noticeable on full power.
Even with a flitter my 6inch rvk will suck my tent in at 100%
With the mars fan running at 100% venting in ducting run pretty much the same.
Rvk fan is louder at 100% but not much really.
And as for tent fans guess its cause im cheap.But never had a small
fan last longer than 3/4 grows before heavy noise or they fail.;)

I finally found some nice quality oscillating pole fans…the AC Infinity Cloudray S6 grow room fan. Fits the 1 inch poles on the AC Infinity tent. Ten speeds….can be controlled using AC Infinity controller or manually. I have two in my tent and I’m impressed. I think these would even fit the thicker poles on a Gorilla Grow tent….but I’m not sure.

Also the AC Infinity Cloudline T6 exhaust fan is great with its humidity and temperature settings.

A3A8E93E-F16A-4E8E-8617-592145C354DA.jpeg

Ac clip fans ok. Got a couple sticking a bit on oscillating one that’s got little noisy. They go ok. Ac exhaust. Mmmmm. Got 4” in gorilla shorty. 4x4 even flat chat won’t create negative pressure. It also bit noisy. Got cann fan in big tent. It’s a ripper. 8 grows in. Still a ripper JJJ. Quieter than Ac.

I’ve got a bunch of fans.. I like having 6 available. I steadily increase them as the grow goes starting with two. I have cheap clip ons that don’t move that create crosswinds.. I’m not a big fan (hehe) of those because they have a bright blue LED in a hard to cover spot. Plus they attract dust, make noise, and break easily, but they’re cheap.

I have a fancy AeroWave E6 by Vivosun which is really nice. Large face, easy to clean, oscillating clip on fan with a natural wind mode to change intensity on its own. Plus it doesn’t collect as much dust, isn’t as loud, and only has a small green LED that flashes for a moment when you change settings. When it comes to fans you almost always get exactly what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom