GrowerX's Perpetual

GrowerX

Hello,
Instead of doing introductions every time I start a new journal or sew some more seeds I took some advice from the greats and decided to just start out as Perpetual thread and see where the forum takes me.

I have 4 seeds lined up right now to be matured, plus I will be producing seeds from each grow as I see quality traits.

I started off my seedlings in a 2x2x6 box with side lighting and a fan. I have vents at the top of the box and an intake in the bottom along with a fan pulling air from the intake. They just have 2, 100W strips on the sides right now (gorilla garden box specs) I think it was called. Once they grow past the first Node, I add a 300 watt blurple light to really hit them.

Box.jpeg

I am planning on moving them to a bigger 4"x4"x6" tent out in the garage after I see recovery from top, where I also have a Sp 250 Light that I am anxious to put to work.

These little ones are:
Birthday Funk - connarado Genetics
High Octane - Unknown
Sun Kiss Cookie - seedsman
Ole Reds- Seedsman

I also have a regular seed growing right now which is suppose to be a Skunk F3 from an old friend ( in the pink pot) which I will use to pollinate with if it turns out to be male.

Nutes: I will be switching up nutrients this time as I have heard MegaCrop is delightful. The plants will be fed strictly the MC and CalMag supplements.

It is amazing to be able to share my experience and love of the green scenery with like minded friends, and learn from you brainiacs as everything I have learned is from reading these forums. so till next update!

Peace,

Thank you all for joining the coaster, please keep those appendages inside the carts at all times! :)

Why add Calmag if you are going to use Mega Crop? I am in coco/perlite and I just increased the MC to take care of any calmag issues.

I'll look into that on the MC thread. At this point in time I don't know how to adjust the MC feeds to gain or lower specific nutrients :/. I know its a do all supplement, but something just makes me want to add a tiny bit extra Cal/Mag to them right before I switch to flower.

I'll probably end up using isolated nutrients as well for N-P-K just in case I need addition feeds in places.

I just yesterday harvested my sour Tangie and used just MC. I weigh my doses out to mix increasing to full dose according to the bag instructions. Just need to watch the new growth for nute burn as you find your upper limit then just back off by 1/2 gram.

Quick update on these fellers:

I used a Miracle Grow baby seedling soil mix and haven't added anything else.

Birthday Funk - growing steady and seems to be the most "self reliant"

High Octane - is looking a little too Green for me, Its been 1 day since I drenched and Im going to wait to see if it corrects after its been dried out and Re Ph'ed with normal water @ 6.5

Sun Kiss Cookie - This one looks like it might die in the back left its barely hanging on hopefully it boosts out some roots and catches up

Ole Reds- same as Octane

I added a bag seed that is said to be a called "Dank Tuna", and its really weird it started with 3 main stems on It without being topped, so I'm excited to see what other strange it can conjure up.

Once I see the first nodes appear I will start to feed.

Peace,
image4.jpeg

Another Update of this slowed out vegging. I just topped all my lil ones at what appeared to be the 3rd node. This Birthday Funk is a monster, but the Octane already has some Gas smell, and is the only one smelling.

other than that I am not using any extra light other than the 2 side bar LED's. These are keeping my Nodes SUPER SUPER close together. I really enjoy this tight node spacing, but after they recover from the toppings Im either going to have to buy a new light, or transfer them to the den.

Does anyone have an recommendations on how long after a Topping is adequate to flip. I really want to flip right after the first Post- top node appears, however, I am going to try to take Clones from these greenlies so I need to make sure they have stretched a bit more.

I read that taking clones a week after flipping 12/12 is optimal, but I have never successfully taken a clone before so I'm fishin in the dark here. I know I need to take one from the lower limbs, but if anyone has some good pointers on taking a clone. I don' t have any Gel or water solution to help the process, but Im told if I keep it humid for the leafs and warm for the roots I should be good? I have a couple weeks till I need to get the cuts so Ill keep researching.

Also that bottom left plant has had a throwup color yellow since its rise from the dirt? I have given these 1 feed of MC 1 gram / gal a couple days ago, and I moved it from the spot right next to the light (top right in previous post), so I hope that helps, but any knowledge of info would be helpful input!

Happy Times

peace,
image0 (2).jpeg

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone thinks I can get some clones off of any of these or if it would be a lost cause. I'm planning on putting these into 12/12 next weekend.

Feeding MC- 1gm/1gal @ 6.7 PH. I try to keep the temp around 75-78. Right now they are getting 3 and 1/2 hours of darkness everyday. Throughout the week I plan on taking that down in increments till it goes to 12/12. No real reason of a slow decline, but I don't think it can hurt.

image2 (1).jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg
Trying to Quad Line this one.I'm hoping to remove the bottom two nodes and use them as clones after a week into 12/12.
image0.jpeg
I botched topping this one. I'm wondering if there is any remedy to it. At least it looks like I did by the "Fray" of the newly developed tops.

Peace,

image0.jpeg

I have taken Clones off all four of the ladies

Right now its about 78-80 degrees inside the box. Hopefully a few of these Root. I didn't have any Gel, but I cut all a few days after watering, and they are the first set of nodes that I clipped.

Any Advice on extra things I can do to get these rooted would be amazing as these are my first clones. The cups without Bags are seeds that i have sprouted

PS. that is the tropicana that I am attempting to quadline. I read that Tailing the top fans is advantageous so I'm giving it a shot!

Peace,

image2.jpeg

here are the clones, and 4 seedlings all sprouted. Also my hopefully mother plant.

It seems the clones are starting to wilt and the soil I drenched before putting the cuts in are starting to fog up the bags. Hopefully I get at least 4 survivors from them :)

Im keeping it around 85-90 inside the box with little breeze going around.
Happy days

image0 (1).jpeg

Here are the Old plants I moved to the Flower Tent. Along with the Plants I used CS on.
Hopefully I can keep the tops all level to the light, however they are only around knee height right now ( if that). Hopefully the shoot uuuuuuuup!

Im hoping that these hermies I made get some pollen thrown around the tent so I can get some seeds from my next round without having to do anything, but we will see :)

Peace,

Update Log on Flower girls:

In trying to quad line I will get a better yield.

I should have let them go longer in veg tied down to let the bottom nodes develop more

I was hoping they would stretch in the first week of 12/12, but all 4 of the babies ended up having too much node spacing. I am in the second week of stretch so things could change.

I would blame it on the genetics, but all 4 plants have the same problem so as usual growers error.

I am using half seed soil, and half Co Co so they are only needing water about 1 time a week at this point.

Feeding - 2.5 g/gal MC
Temps- 71-75 F ( continuously trying to keep a constant of 72)
Humidity - 40-45

Right now I am running one SP250 over this area, however with the price drop in the lights I might have to go purchase another one so I can start fully running my 4x4.

Here are the girls in no particular order: If you notice anything Im not feel free to send some help. I just watered these before the pics, and Im working on the quality of them :)

image1 (3).jpeg
\

image0 (3).jpeg

image3.jpeg
This is the Tropicanna I let grow out just flipped it Today

image1 (2).jpeg
image0 (2).jpeg
These are 2 blueberries I used CS to hermie and produce

image0 (1).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image2.jpeg
My Dank Tuna turned out to be a Male. Ill probably use this guy to arouse the ladies in the room. Hopefully keeping It to one branch instead of entire plants like the blueberry.

More to Come later :)

Peace,

Attachments

• image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    977 KB · Views: 25
Hello Everyone,

Feedings - 2g/gal MegaCrop

Temps- 72-78F

Humidity (unknown)

I have been having a problem with my little box recently. I have seen little tiny brown (kinda see through) bugs crawling around, and my plants seem to be getting killed. To remedy this I have been adding a little Alcohol into my water ( ive done this once today). I hope this kills bugs if they are there. If anyone has tips or tricks for this please let me know!!

image1 (5).jpegimage0 (5).jpeg Yes those veins are popping out and the leafs are yellowing.

These are the plants. I have them in a very high humidity box with no airflow right now because it is my clone box. I thought they were being dried out at first so let it go and started misting them a couple times a day,but its getting worse.
image2 (4).jpeg My clones have started to create roots. I pulled one out of the cup and saw a little white root shooting out. This one was for me to know I'm making progress cause they all started to yellow and the fan leaves are drying out. Pulling out the cutting is no recommended as I almost cut the growing root right off :/

image1 (4).jpeg

The full flower tent. I just trimmed almost all nodes below the top 2 hoping this helps the tops produce more. I also cut nearly every fan leaf except the top ones. I did try to leave a couple big fans just in case the plant needs some of that stored power.

I haven't had any problems in here so far... fingers Crossed. I have used some of the female pollen to try to get Female seeds from the Blueberry. I also used some of the Dank Tuna male pollen on 1 branch of each for Reg seeds.

The big plant is Tropical Cookie... The others are Velvet Octane, Birthday Funk, and it seems the "ole Red" was a Red Hot cookies from seedsman.

My favorite has a very strong Rotten Orange scent, and one has a strong just Lemon scent. I am really happy with the quality of these seeds, as my last run I got horrible yields and I can already tell these nugs are going to be Dense and funky. There is sugar on the big fan leaves and I haven't had strains that produced like that before.

image0 (4).jpeg

Every nug on the blueberry has like 10 Seeds it seems. These plants also produced Can sized tops so I'm super happy the CS worked on reversing these girls. However in the future I wouldn't spray CS all over my plants because the plant is still breaking pollen sacks. I hope that it doesn't get on my newer plants.... but if it does so be it cause I would like more seeds :)

Does anyone know by looking at the seeds how long till they pop out? I don't want to harvest too early and not get mature seeds. Right now they are all almost out of the pod casing, but still very green. They smell like berry pine saw mixed with a pollen scent... maybe all pollinated flowers smell like that; this is my first seed run.

I also have been having a really weird problem. I have been getting Mold on the top of my soil on just 2 of the plants. I am thinking its because my water containers are VERY old. I have been using the same Milk carts for almost 1 year now to water. They also have the MC that hasn't fully dissolved sitting there, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced Mold at only the top of the soil, and how I can avoid this. Its not very humid in the tent, but I did notice the plants with the mold are staying wet longer than the ones that aren't.

If you don't feel like reading all that:

1. why the top of my soil would mold?

2. get rid of little brown almost transparent bugs? They are with my clones, will these buggers spread to my clones and new seedlings..

3. If I just rip the diseased plants out, if I dry out the soil will I be able to re-use it you think?

Hello,

Quick update:

Feed- 3.5g/gal MC
Humidity- unknown ( I attracted a mold problem on my blueberries that I made seeds with... thankfully I only really needed the seeds:
image0.jpeg
got a couple piles like these! ( CS worked)

Temperature- 73-75 constant, In a couple weeks I will drop it to around 70 and add 1 source of airflow

The Birthday Funk by Connorado seems to be the most refined plant I have right now. I cant describe the smell, but its Pungent for sure.

Velvet Octane- I almost sneeze with the pepper coming off this baby- the aftermath of lemon helps (HSO I think)

Tropicana- A serious orange smell, and It opens up my pores and releases my headache just with a sniff

Reds- I'm not sure what my 4th plant is.... But it has been smelling like lemon Candy, and just recently is getting an earthy, and subtle Pine smell to it.

I did take this blueberry lagoon pollen from the CS and I friskied up all the strains. Hopefully after this I'll be able to run straight flowers for a while, but I definitely want to store some of these genetics.

Does anyone know how much the pollen sacks still on my nugs will effect the dry or smoke? I'm trying to cut as much of them off, but they are EVERYWHERE. I might have to just get the seeds and trash the actual smoke if the pollen will taint the high.

Future Plan:
After getting some seeds from a buddy up North, I decided that I will put all the seeds ( he gave me 1 cut of each strain) into solo cups, and use the little CS I have left ( now that I know it works) and try to get 10-20 seeds of each strain. Hopefully a Solo cup reversed will give me enough seeds....and I can keep them alive and healthy :) ..

Clones just don't work for me. Maybe once I get some cash I can try to purchase a good aerator so my clones wont be dead by the time they root. I spent a month getting the cuts I have to root, and they are all browned and wilted (with a full root system) so will probably take another month just to heal back up....aint got time for that hahaha.

Peace,

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    952.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    785.6 KB · Views: 35
waiting on my new seeds to sprout:

2 - Nero 91 (excited about this one) regs
2- Strawberry Banna Sherb (crockett farms) regs
1- Lemon Pie - (green House seeds)
1- Birthday Funk (Connorado)

I'm hoping to get a male out of the Regs, and make some more seeds. Otherwise I will be using CS to reverse all of them and add to the collection.

Hello,

Vegg:

The girls are looking good!
In the Small box I acquired fungus gnats so I added a wind source, and dried them out. I have been spraying vanilla everywhere. I think I need to rotate the seedlings by the Bar lights every week because these strains have acquired light burn ( I think its yellow fading on the leaf) and since I moved the 2 they have grown a new set of healthy green tops.

Still no feed, but It has been 2 weeks and Not 1 has grown its first node Set so these might be some SLOOOOW growers.

Flower Tent:

Velvet Octane: This Humbolt Seed Org has some good Genes for this OG strain. It has a super Black Pepper Scent with a hint of Lemon in the back, but its really just straight pepper right now. It was very easy to take care of, and the Buds Stack like a skyscraper. I wish I would have put this in a 5 Gal and let it Rip out the buds. It is definitely a SHORT flower time as well. I could harvest Right now as most Trich heads are milky, and this is around 65 days.

image0 (3).jpeg

Birthday Funk: This one has a nice Fresh Carrot scent to it. Reminds me of the 24K shatter I had a while ago. A very fresh smell. The buds are very small right now and with some pistols turning I hope the fatten up before harvest. I did get a few seeds on this one so maybe that is a labor on production of buds. They didn't stack like the Velvet, and if I'm lucky and they get dense the tops probably will give me 2-3g nugs. The velvet I would guess closer to 6-8g tops.

image0.jpeg

Tropicana Cookie:
This one was in the 3gal. It has a Citrus sweet Tart to it. I really don't see any "Cookie" in the smell at all, but the buds are going to be Golf Balls. You can recognize when you smell it because it opens the nose up right away and clears the head. You do get a little bit of a skunk smell at the end. I'm hoping that doesn't carry over and It is just sweet and citrus, but as the skunk smell grows as the buds ripen I think it will only get stronger. I do enjoy the blood red/purple buds however.
image0 (1).jpeg

Red Hot Cookie:
This one absolutely has some cookie or cake type of terp in it. They smell like those butter cookies you can get a Walmart. Again these buds are still filling out so I might get some more funk or earthy tones later in flower, but right now its like opening a fresh pack of butter cookies. I wish the lemon it gave off when it first started producing Triches had stayed as it was SOOO pungent of a lemon. Maybe it will come through in the smoke. Only Time will tell on this one. Would definitely keep these genes.
image2 (1).jpeg

There is a bright side as I reversed a solid F1 blueberry strain, and I was lucky enough to pollinate these females with those. So all of these buds will be Crossed with the Original Blueberry. There were 2 pheno's I reversed. Both have cured and one was more of a producer of THC, and one had a really nice big bud structure and stacked. (I purposefully didn't feed the Blueberries any nutes all through the cycle so I could determine the phenotype accurately). I made sure to put the THC producer with the Velvet, but other than that its a toss up of what pollen went where. They both ended up smelling like fruit and earth. Its hard to put an exact note on the smell because they have a "pollin" hint to them, or at least I hope its the pollen that's making them smell like that.

image1 (2).jpeg Here are the Seeds I got from reversing the 2 blueberries. A lot of fat tiger stripped beauties :) !

Full Tent view:
image0 (2).jpeg

Good Times.... Peace,

image2 (1).jpegimage0 (3).jpegimage0 (2).jpegimage1 (2).jpegimage0.jpegimage0 (1).jpeg

Hello,

The cabinet veggies are getting big. However I am having a problem with yellowing on the outside of the new growth. Anyone know how to fix

image2.jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

image1.jpeg

I don't know if it is nut def because I haven't given them any N or P or K yet, but I had a gnat problem so I have only been spraying 8 PHed water on them 2-3 times a day. I'm worried If I give more water the Gnats will come back. However, I also want the girls healthy because it is causing the growth to be SUPER slow.

Peace,

image2.jpegimage1 (1).jpegimage0 (1).jpegimage0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Back again,

Finally Chopped the Og/cake's/cookies

All of these are around a week into Cure

Birthday Funk -
image2.jpeg

Velvet Octane-
image1.jpeg

Super happy with these. Currently smell is just as advertised :) hopefully I get some calming couch like Stone by the end of cure.

Tropicanna will be getting the chop around Wednesday and dried through weekend !

Update on Veggers- Hopefully by next week they will be flip ready:

image0.jpeg

Very much looking forward to getting males in this run. I also want to try to cut a Clone of one of the Gassier Neroli's and the more vigorous Banna sherb.

If no male is found (4 reg seeds) I will be reversing the birthday Funk or Lemon Pie. Depending on how I see the stretch go. The Lemon pie already has a lemon candy smell to it in veg so I might reverse and keep those anyways!

till next time
Peace,

Hello,

I don't really want to pop anymore seeds for a while... I do have a Acai Gelati and an LA Alfie but those are going in the Vault for a while.

Throughout the winter month I am planning on re-vegging my two favorites (Octane and Tropicanna)

The Tropicanna SMELLS SO GOOD I took some nugs a couple days right when they turned Milky to try to get Live Terps and It was one of those that made my mouth water, and I immediately decided I will do what it takes to Re- run that plant. Hopefully I can take clones off my Re-Veggers.

I saw someone else that ran this strain and mine as well was nearly dripping rosin out of the flowers.... so the genetics kill.

The octane just had a structure that I want every plant to look like :)

Nugs from the Tropicanna
image2.jpeg

The last ladies to be Flowered Indoors this season:
CKush ( getting reversed to pollinate tent) - DosiDo - Birthday Funk - Neroli 91- Sour Bannana sherb- and a Lemon Pie strain that Im hoping makes the cut to be a keeper.

image2.jpeg

Anyone that has Re-Veg experience and can give me tips on taking clones from one please help me out !!

Happy Grows to the forum

peace,

Back
Top Bottom