Growlow's Recycling Organic Living Soil - 2000W HPS

Damn, sorry about the recent burn! Hard to like that, but they still seem really healthy for all they've been through! All caught up, wow you're into some exciting stuff in this journal! Let's get to the single cell clone thingies! :laughtwo: You make me feel like a toddler playing at science hahaha. I love it. I have a ton to learn from you. - note to self, remember Humagik. Sounds great. I also want to try Banana Manna, brightlight recommended it. Oh and you're into the boogie brew stuff!! I just got a free sample of the Boogie Brew blend, tried it on my plants a week ago! They loved it! :high-five:

Did I mention I missed you and your awesome accent around? ..I did! So glad you're doing better! You really know what you're doing thanks for sharing with us! :love:

You and your sweet words SG. You know how to make a bloke gush.... I mean blush :thanks: As you wish, in the next day or two I'm going to try do a video on TC and do a step by step for ya;)

My heart sunk Growlow, sounds like you have a great plan ready to go.

My heart sunk Growlow, sounds like you have a great plan ready to go.

Cheers mate. Mine is still sunk trying to fish it out as we speak :p With that said I'm confident we've got it all sorted from here on out. No more active air hardware. Cheap p.o.s :)

So a quick update. Calm has returned and I'm starting to come to terms with the run of bad luck. So there has been a substitution for the Original Sour Diesel seed I was in the process of tapping. Out of 26 seeds Sour Diesel was the only one to not even taproot. Just sat there looking like a p.o.s. I must add that it didn't look like a good bean to start with (The Durban Poison and Space Bomb are from an order of 10 seeds each making up the 20).

The girl replacing SD is Nirvana's Papaya!! If you have not yet tried Papaya then you are missing out! Indica dominant but I personally find it a very energetic Indica. Like surprisingly energetic. Incredible tropical fruit aroma that lives up to the name. It has been sometime since I've grown this girl. She is from a cut I grew many years ago and fem seeded out and so I have one sitting in a solution of water with a bit of Aloe Vera Stalk goodness.

Other than that I managed to do some heavy handed manicuring and man did it cure... I couldn't help myself... I realized I set myself up to pun and had to pun-t.. there I did it again. Enough nonsense. The plants in question were the Mickey Kush. I was crushed they were hit so hard because it really is my favourite smoke. Nothing comes close to how it makes me feel physically, psychologically and spiritually. To be honest I wasn't to bummed about the White Widow. I hate to see anything like that happen in anyone elses garden let alone my own so don't misunderstand my meaning. White widow to me is just one of those very novice plants to grow and you can find it almost anywhere in a MMJ state. Maybe its also due to the length of time since I first smoked WW, to smoke or even grow now has somewhat become like comparing a 40oz Miller High Life to me over here making my own craft brew. Thats it for the update. I've rattled on long enough and off to bed at 3am

Cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

please let me know when/where your next journal is Growlow! :love: So sorry about all the troubles. But we know you'll get it all back together soon. :)

Will be putting one up tonight ;)

Do you have guidlines for soil recycling? specifically, do you substitute recycled soil for any other part of your original mix? i am asking because i have lots of healthy living soil to build my soil base from my previous grow, which was equal parts coco, perlite, worm castings, and bagged potting soil...plus all the organic dry nutrients.
The perlite obviously goes nowhere, the nutrients get used/depleted, and there's roots and top dressings still in the mix, so the ratios for me are very confusing at this point.

Do you have guidlines for soil recycling? specifically, do you substitute recycled soil for any other part of your original mix? i am asking because i have lots of healthy living soil to build my soil base from my previous grow, which was equal parts coco, perlite, worm castings, and bagged potting soil...plus all the organic dry nutrients.
The perlite obviously goes nowhere, the nutrients get used/depleted, and there's roots and top dressings still in the mix, so the ratios for me are very confusing at this point.

So I'm currently juggling so many different things. One of these is creating an easy to follow equation for soil amendments in a no till approach. Due to so many factors because of how different strains take different amounts of your primary nutes NPK and micro nutes like Iron/Calcium/Magnesium etc. To successfully achieve optimum results with a Hi-Brix hybrid mentality you need a good soil testing company that has equipment advanced enough to give you a read out of your soil. Once before planting and once after. With this data applied to the equation I intend on turning into an "app" which is still in its developmental stage, you would get the most accurate way in which to amend your soil. For me I've always just added little by little when seeing deficiencies in the early stages of growth but with the advancements in how soil can be tested it is almost asinine to not evolve a method of farming which is incredibly effective. Until it's complete I'm afraid I don't have the guidelines you seek as accurate measurements to follow. Though I can tell you this much. I know of more than a couple dozen gardeners who have a strict amendment ratio they use on all strains across the board and adjust accordingly. It is as follows. Measurements are for 7 gal pots.

3 1/2 Tablespoons of Fishbone Meal
5 Tablespoons of Kelp Meal
5 Tablespoons Gypsum Powder
2 inches of GOOD worm castings this does not mean EB stone. In my personal opinion their worm castings are as good as mud.

This is applied to a well built organic super soil with a good source of rock dust and minerals.

Hope it was helpful mate!

Back
Top Bottom