Growlow's Recycling Organic Living Soil - 2000W HPS

Hey there just catching up here and didn't want to let some bizarre science confuse anyone with facts. A clone has all the same genetics as the mother nothing gets lost from the original doesn't matter if you do 30 successive runs and if they are clones the genes are EXACT copies as the first plant. Nothing lost nothing gained. Thats a fact 100% - show me how we would loose or somehow genes morphed into something different than the original while cloning?? Doesn't happen. IF something was lost the cloning method you speak of, plant tissue culture would not work either since the genes somehow mutated!! The clone is an exact copy of the original.

Some of what you say is true. The thing is this. You claim to state "fact". Without backing that statement with some legitimate resource to support your claim, makes you come across somewhat arrogant. Sure there is no general gene degradation. You seem to have a handle on the word "gene". How are you with the word "cells". They(cells), after time have a tendency to lose their "oomph" as I had previously stated. New cells are built/grown. Every time a new cell is made, bits of non coding DNA are used in the process of rebuilding these cells. In the Mother/Clone/Mother method of back to back cloning, WITHOUT a doubt creates cellular degradation and an overall weaker plant than the original plant grown from seed. Cannabis is a plant that is susceptible to gene manipulation whether we are talking about cloning or a lonely plant sitting in the middle of the rainforest away from the prying hands of humans.

Wanna talk bizarre science?... lets talk. We're talking about a plant that herms under a multitude of stresses, I believe that accounts as mutation. A plant that can mutate into have more than its designated 2 sets of chromosomes into have multiples sets.. then in a matter of a single generation mutate back to 2 sets of chromosomes, that certainly meets the definition of mutation. This is also a plant where very little scientific studies for anything outside of abuse have been legal in this country until 18 months ago. Yet you want to claim as FACT with no question that the plant wont lose some of its cellular strength through cloning from clones is nothing short of a contradiction for what my 30+ years of growing this specific plant has taught me. You are welcome on my journal to share any and all opinions. But make sure that you let everyone know it's your opinion because the majority of what you said sounds like regurgitation from hearsay, definitely not FACT.

I digress.. by loss of "oomph" I should have clarified. In my experience I have only encountered 2 strains that lost some trichome development production 10 yrs in, compared to its ancestors. The majority of "oomph" lost, I found was more in terms of the extra something they needed. I've grown identical cuts side by side before. Only one would be TC (Tissue cell) the other obviously Mother/Clone. The TC had the exact same needs as the plant grown from seed. The other cut needed extra doses of Iron/Calcium/Nitrogen/Potassium 3 gen's in. It was noticeable she needed water more often. These are in very small measurements but anything outside of ideal is not acceptable to me. Both sitting in identical mediums (Back when I ran hydro). I wish I had more time to go through my old bio files to bring up some more concrete supporting information around cellular degradation in diploid plants so that I myself can claim it as fact. If I find the time I'll be happy to pm you the info so you can become better versed in plant biology. As of now it will have to be nothing more than my opinion and regurgitation of many years of studying plant biology and working towards becoming an arborist.

Hoping this gets put back into circulation. I also hope to find all those following are healthy and happy. I'm somewhat both of those mixed with jetlag. I have been in the middle of nowhere in New Zealand setting up a new Beehive site which is part of a long term business project I started which involves Manuka and Kanuka honey. A very good medically boosted honey export from NZ and only from NZ.

Anyway without further adieu here is the update. I have my White widow girls, Ms Nurse Jackie, Ms Chillz, Ms Charlottes web and Ms Mickey Kush all in week 2 of flowering except for Ms Headband 818. I somehow blanked on photos for Ms Charlottes web and Mickey kush both are doing fine and I'll put photos up next time I'm out there.

Here are the White widow starting to show their buds :)
20150714_030748.jpg
20150714_030756.jpg

Ms Nurse Jackie also showing the goods early on
20150714_030655.jpg

As is Ms Chillz
20150714_030739.jpg
20150714_030850.jpg

And last and certainly not least. Ms Headband 818 aka Sour OG (Week 1)
20150714_030821.jpg

A quick photo of the gang and I'm out :) Need sleep desperately! Soft bed. soft pillow.

20150714_030809.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Some of what you say is true. The thing is this. You claim to state "fact". Without backing that statement with some legitimate resource to support your claim, makes you come across somewhat arrogant. Sure there is no general gene degradation. You seem to have a handle on the word "gene". How are you with the word "cells". They(cells), after time have a tendency to lose their "oomph" as I had previously stated. New cells are built/grown. Every time a new cell is made, bits of non coding DNA are used in the process of rebuilding these cells. In the Mother/Clone/Mother method of back to back cloning, WITHOUT a doubt creates cellular degradation and an overall weaker plant than the original plant grown from seed. Cannabis is a plant that is susceptible to gene manipulation whether we are talking about cloning or a lonely plant sitting in the middle of the rainforest away from the prying hands of humans.

Ok science, check out how long The 'Barlett' pear tree has been around and that's a clone from the 1600s - also the real winner is:

According to Guinness Book of World Records, the oldest wild plant clone is the
triploid kings lomatia or kings holly (Lomatia tasmanica) at 43,600 years!!

Not trying to be or sound like an ass, science is science. I did not study horticulture in college but I did study physics. I think you will be challenged to source info on the topic of gene degeneration in clones! At least not any scientific studies.

When you clone plants we need to pay attention to any plants that have a mutation - that can happen but that is NOT the same as cellular degradation. Of course as a gardener you would obviously cull plants that show any mutations. Again mutation does not equal degradation. What can happen is a "mutation" from the original at the DNA level. Scientists are still not sure where the mutation comes from:

quoted from a study from Oxford University 2011

Source:
"Regenerant Arabidopsis Lineages Display a Distinct Genome-Wide Spectrum of Mutations Conferring Variant Phenotypes"

'Where these new mutations actually come from is still a mystery,' said Professor Harberd. 'They may arise during the regeneration process itself or during the cell divisions in the donor plant that gave rise to the root cells from which the regenerant plants are created. We are planning further research to find out which of these two processes is responsible for these mutations."

Real world test on Cannabis cloning:

Clackamas Coot on "The One" - he's been running exclusively for 25 years

quote:
"Word! Over 25 years with the strain that I grow almost exclusively.

No degradation at all.

CC "

Ok science, check out how long The 'Barlett' pear tree has been around and that's a clone from the 1600s - also the real winner is:

According to Guinness Book of World Records, the oldest wild plant clone is the
triploid kings lomatia or kings holly (Lomatia tasmanica) at 43,600 years!!

Not trying to be or sound like an ass, science is science. I did not study horticulture in college but I did study physics. I think you will be challenged to source info on the topic of gene degeneration in clones! At least not any scientific studies.

When you clone plants we need to pay attention to any plants that have a mutation - that can happen but that is NOT the same as cellular degradation. Of course as a gardener you would obviously cull plants that show any mutations. Again mutation does not equal degradation. What can happen is a "mutation" from the original at the DNA level. Scientists are still not sure where the mutation comes from:

quoted from a study from Oxford University 2011

Source:
"Regenerant Arabidopsis Lineages Display a Distinct Genome-Wide Spectrum of Mutations Conferring Variant Phenotypes"

'Where these new mutations actually come from is still a mystery,' said Professor Harberd. 'They may arise during the regeneration process itself or during the cell divisions in the donor plant that gave rise to the root cells from which the regenerant plants are created. We are planning further research to find out which of these two processes is responsible for these mutations."

Real world test on Cannabis cloning:

Clackamas Coot on "The One" - he's been running exclusively for 25 years

quote:
"Word! Over 25 years with the strain that I grow almost exclusively.

No degradation at all.

CC "

It would seem that you mostly are only supporting what I said in reply to your first post. There is little to no studies done on cannabis so finding specific info on cell degradation in clones would be a near impossible feat. That's not to say I don't have material from my Arborist studies that supports my argument about diploid cellular degradation through mother/clone methods. So to claim fact on anything cannabis related seems somewhat arrogant yet again. I have no interest in pear trees or kings holly. They are not Cannabis and to use them as something to reference and support your argument, is like bringing up bikes when we're talking about cars. I only grow and have only grown Cannabis for 30+ years. I have 3 strains that have stayed in my garden rotation for close to 30 years, 2 of those are 28 yrs down and the other is 30 going on 31. One is a land race Indica I have from my travels through India in my late teens, one is land race sativa from Papua new Guinea from the same trip through India and the other is a hybrid of the two.

I have multiple times blind tested a small circle of friends who themselves have grown and smoked for 20+ years and every single time they will prefer smoke from a TC over a MC. They themselves claim it to be smoother and tasting better. Both get you equally high. Like I said the TC at some point in time needs more feeding one way or another. They fade earlier. These are all small measurements. To the untrained eye they would be overlooked. I am yet to meet more than a handful of long terms growers whose brains aren't burnt out. So from the current cannabis community everything can be taken with a shovel of salt. It's nothing more than opinions and ours obviously aren't agreeable with each other.

If you really believed science is science you wouldn't come out claiming FACT on something with no scientific study to back up your claim. As someone with a self proclaimed physicist mind it surprises me and leads me to question just how well you claim to know and understand physics based of your claim. I have a brother who is further delving into the quantum field, I have two other senior family members who are dedicating their lives to further understanding Condensed Matter Physics/Plasma Physics and Bio-engineering. If I weren't so intrigued by cannabis I surely would have followed down the path of physics. My family isn't short on scientific minds. All three of them have not once rejected my claims just pushed and encouraged me to prove it further through the scientific method:

Ask a Question
Do Background Research
Construct a Hypothesis
Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
Communicate Your Results

I personally have never spoken to or followed CC. I am confident to assume his methods of growing his cut 25 years + was in the same environment and the same method. In the realm of science that might be a semi example of the control in a scientific case study. I'm afraid to say it falls more than short of trying to claim it as scientific proof or fact. I know a lot of guys who claim to have a cut 20+ years with no loss or degradation. Of those guys, the ones who have journals on their grows from the first grow, have gone back and seen a difference in the amounts they are feeding that exact cut. Minute as they are they are still extra measurements needed to have the cut perform as good as the plant from seed. This might not be directly linked to cell degradation. As of now that's what I'm trying to figure out. Through my studies and personal growing experience it seems to be the most plausible cause at this point in time of my research.

I'm the last to talk on something I know nothing about. This is merely my experience. I'm not claiming it as fact. This is what I have found through vast and varied experimentation on 3 different strains. From training, feeding and cloning the methods attempted and experimented with were extensive, in an effort to find what works best. One day I'll be sure to put it into a book. My approach is purely scientific. I have given this discussion more time than I have available to me currently. Wish you all the best.

Hey there GW - ok first I'm not trying to be arrogant. Folks can disagree without being neither arrogant nor insulting. Then and only then, can we have an intelligent exchange of knowledge.

I have to only ask this one question. You mentioned growing a strain for +20 years. IF your claim that the plant would somehow defy science and actually had cell degradation, your plants you've been running for a very long time (reps on ya too btw) should would have to have changed sooo much they would not even resemble the original plant or cannabis for that matter.

Here's my question:

How is it that since there's so called "cell degradation" you claim, why are your plants the same or very very close now as they were when you first started out with that plant??

When I pointed to an example of a plant that has been cloned for more that 400 years or was cloned more than 400 + years and you say that I'm comparing apples to oranges, I'm gonna say this - there's absolutely NO difference biologically between a cannabis plant and a fruit tree - all the biology for plant growth etc is THE SAME THING. That my friend is 100% truth fact and science.

If you are suggesting that Cannabis is some sort of crazy morphed bio-organism that defies the laws of physics and biology I'm going to say to you that you are wrong. Cannabis follows the same laws of physics & biology as every other plant on the planet. This is why there's NOT a specialized path of study for EVERY plant on the earth. Your argument needs further research. All my plants be in indoor canna plants or our outdoor gardens all grow with the same exact science. There's no magic plant that defies the laws of science. You are telling me that this is not true.

I do not mean to hurt your feelings or try to prove I'm right, all I'm trying to do is maybe just maybe show you a different way of thinking. Try or try not its still going to be the same, and cloning IS an exact copy of the plant the clone was taken from - nothing lost noting gained. That's science and fact. Once that clone is exposed to new physical environment either thru nutrient change or water change or temps what have you, the next clone is still going to be an exact copy of the original first "mother" plant. That there is a fact, science backs that up and you will have a hard time to show me any other science to debunk my position.

On the Coots reference - that was just me showing you an example of someone with cred that grows cannabis and is held in high regard in your community. There are plenty others that can say the same. Heck you even are using a 20+ year clone of an original strain so what I'm saying to you has been proven by you!

Cheers

Hey there GW - ok first I'm not trying to be arrogant. Folks can disagree without being neither arrogant nor insulting. Then and only then, can we have an intelligent exchange of knowledge.

I have to only ask this one question. You mentioned growing a strain for +20 years. IF your claim that the plant would somehow defy science and actually had cell degradation, your plants you've been running for a very long time (reps on ya too btw) should would have to have changed sooo much they would not even resemble the original plant or cannabis for that matter.

Here's my question:

How is it that since there's so called "cell degradation" you claim, why are your plants the same or very very close now as they were when you first started out with that plant??

When I pointed to an example of a plant that has been cloned for more that 400 years or was cloned more than 400 + years and you say that I'm comparing apples to oranges, I'm gonna say this - there's absolutely NO difference biologically between a cannabis plant and a fruit tree - all the biology for plant growth etc is THE SAME THING. That my friend is 100% truth fact and science.

If you are suggesting that Cannabis is some sort of crazy morphed bio-organism that defies the laws of physics and biology I'm going to say to you that you are wrong. Cannabis follows the same laws of physics & biology as every other plant on the planet. This is why there's NOT a specialized path of study for EVERY plant on the earth. Your argument needs further research. All my plants be in indoor canna plants or our outdoor gardens all grow with the same exact science. There's no magic plant that defies the laws of science. You are telling me that this is not true.

I do not mean to hurt your feelings or try to prove I'm right, all I'm trying to do is maybe just maybe show you a different way of thinking. Try or try not its still going to be the same, and cloning IS an exact copy of the plant the clone was taken from - nothing lost noting gained. That's science and fact. Once that clone is exposed to new physical environment either thru nutrient change or water change or temps what have you, the next clone is still going to be an exact copy of the original first "mother" plant. That there is a fact, science backs that up and you will have a hard time to show me any other science to debunk my position.

On the Coots reference - that was just me showing you an example of someone with cred that grows cannabis and is held in high regard in your community. There are plenty others that can say the same. Heck you even are using a 20+ year clone of an original strain so what I'm saying to you has been proven by you!

Cheers

No feelings hurt over here mate. After re-reading my posts I could see how they are interpreted as somewhat aggressive and maybe even somewhat blunt. I've just got back from halfway round the world and have not had time to adjust. I wanted to come in on here and update my journal and was met by vague claims with no supporting or relevant evidence. Instead since then you have tried to use references unrelated to what I'm talking about. If someone is reading what you're writing to be honest I think is misleading. You claim fact and science for your opinion and back it with nothing but referencing Oxford and GWR. Who have neither studied or have records on Cannabis specifically for what we are talking about. Also why I'm not referencing anyone but myself, my studies and experience.

I am saying that Cannabis is a plant hardly studied with no real info, stats or data available to give this debate/discussion credible grounds. It's simply your opinion against mine. I'm stating what I have found first hand over decades. Not somebodies experience or hearsay. My own lived through day by day processes. You want to bundle all plants biologically together. With that said I'm not disagreeing with that FACT. That perspective and mentality for me is at a base level, one I have acknowledged and developed from. 30+ yrs accounted for maybe less than perfect environmental conditions which I have not ruled out as a major contributing factor to what I've stated. Though to prove with accuracy on that theory would take a further 30 yrs in a lab. Which I started back 3 years ago. So until that is done I won't say one way or the other. You are talking about biology and physics at the base level. I'm looking at things from a doctorate level biologically. That's not said to boast. It's merely to give you an indicator of my perspective and where I'm coming from.

Genetically a cut/clone is a replica from which it came. Agreed 100%. Your statement "Once that clone is exposed to new physical environment either thru nutrient change or water change or temps what have you, the next clone is still going to be an exact copy of the original first "mother" plant. That there is a fact," is vague. Regardless of environmental changes a plant doesn't change its genetic makeup. That doesn't mean its the EXACT same plant as its mother. I have given cuts from my indoor garden to outdoor gardeners and watched the plant get devoured by bugs and fungus/mould etc. Even in an indoor setting without mimicking my indoor environment and feeding schedule have noticeable differences. Generations down the line the cut is without a doubt lacking compared to either my MC or TC cut of the same strain in my home environment. Cannabis can switch from triploid to diploid simply from cloning and other stress factors is that not an example of degradation? A plant that LOSES on average 20% potency and production potential when switching back to diploid through losing a set of chromosomes. On that FACT alone it proves your claim there is no degradation through cloning cannabis is utterly incorrect. Of course that's an exception but still an example of how the plant can "mutate" Or "degrade/upgrade" one way or another in the clone/cloning method. TC eliminates any and all negatives it picked up through the generations whether its PM or heat/col stress nut lockout etc... and it brings the plant back to its original greatness or should say original copy.

I created this journal to share what I do if it's not for you and you feel I am wrong then you're welcome to move on. If you would like to debate this topic further, my inbox is empty and ready for all the personal opinions you want to throw at me on this subject. Otherwise mate I have nothing more to say on this topic in my journal with you. Exchange of knowledge is great but for you to understand where I'm coming from would take more time than I'm willing to give you, at the shallow end it would take weeks.... at the deep end it would take years. I don't say that to be mean or as an asshole just stating facts. Time, is after all our most valuable asset.. with no refunds :) Cheers

Hoping this gets put back into circulation. I also hope to find all those following are healthy and happy. I'm somewhat both of those mixed with jetlag. I have been in the middle of nowhere in New Zealand setting up a new Beehive site which is part of a long term business project I started which involves Manuka and Kanuka honey. A very good medically boosted honey export from NZ and only from NZ.

Hey it seems we have a bit in common.:thumb: I've been an Arborist for 8 or so years..... and I live in NZ! I have a couple of good bee keeper buddies too! Where were you when you were here?

Hey it seems we have a bit in common.:thumb: I've been an Arborist for 8 or so years..... and I live in NZ! I have a couple of good bee keeper buddies too! Where were you when you were here?

Tena koe Cannarborist!

All my family is from there and I am Ngati Koata, Ngati Kuia and Ngati Toa. So my roots are from the Marlborough Sound and that's exactly where I was. We have trust land that we are using to create sustainable commercial enterprises, so as the next generation I thought it imperative to set an example of how to use the land efficiently yet keep it sustainable and have low negative influence on the environment. Bee's baby! Also looking into using some of the land as a hemp farm. I'm assuming based on your location on your bio that would lead me to think you were somewhere in the South Island? Are you familiar with D'urville Island?

Happy to see you back,, was wondering where you went. Love the update. I'm playing with house and garden but still learning and applying LOS methods very actively..

Happy to see you back,, was wondering where you went. Love the update. I'm playing with house and garden but still learning and applying LOS methods very actively..

Oi mate how are ya? I'm in the middle of playing catch up over here. I'll have to jump over and see whats happening at the MMM farm :)

Right on buddy,, I've been on vacation so catch up is the name of the game...

So here are the girls that got left out. Not much to update in the room. Starting to get some candy :)

I'm pretty sure I had forgotten to include Ms Sour Tsunami in my last update also. I grow purely for medical reasons, so the majority of my plants tend to be HIGH CBD strains like Sour Tsunami, Charlottes Web, AC/DC and Night Nurse.
sourtsunami.jpg

Micky Kush has some of the highest CBG % in the industry hitting on average around 4%. She wops a massive THC% of 26-28%.
Mickykush.jpg

Ms Charlottes Web. She has recovered from PM when she was in her early stages of veg. I'm convinced the guy I got the cut from has an out of control PM problem. I'll be tissue culture cloning her to revitalize her back to her original greatness.
cottoncandy3.jpg

Thought I'd cheer's you all. The south pacific loves their Lager's, this is the closest thing I've found to a decent Lager in this country over the last 12 years and its an 'Import".
cheers.jpg

Nice girls you got there,, liking the CBD strains. I have two "patients" or two ladies that I am going to work with. One lady has MS, the other has fibromyaglia. I wont lie I am very excited to offer something to help them, but I have much to learn so please feel free to help where you see. The 'High" CBD strains I am growing are CBD OG, Sugar Black Rose, and Candy Kush which is an auto, first two are photo's. :thanks:

Nice girls you got there,, liking the CBD strains. I have two "patients" or two ladies that I am going to work with. One lady has MS, the other has fibromyaglia. I wont lie I am very excited to offer something to help them, but I have much to learn so please feel free to help where you see. The 'High" CBD strains I am growing are CBD OG, Sugar Black Rose, and Candy Kush which is an auto, first two are photo's. :thanks:

Its a good feeling isn't it, helping someone who is truly sick and has positive results from the application of CBD based medicines. I'm a designated provider for a gentleman with bowel cancer. So I'll be splitting the CBD harvest between him and I.

Out of the 3 you mentioned, I can say I'm very familiar with 2 of them first hand and the other by word of mouth. Candy Kush and Sugar black rose were cuts I donated to a friend who has kept them in rotation... I REALLY like Candy Kush. It's just yum, plain and simple. Though to my knowledge I have never heard of a Candy Kush pheno with CBD over .05% which is very low.. pretty much non existent. It's THC% can be a whopping 20%+mind you. The Sugar Black Rose is another low CBD% strain with comparable CBD% to Candy Kush... at best I've seen it at 0.1% at its worst 0.03%. The biggest CBD dog in your yard without a doubt would be Cali Connections CBD OG. The fact it was a cross out from Tahoe OG surprises me that its not more of a 1:1 ratio. Though when you are getting on average 12% CBD and 7% THC its good news. With that said still phenomenal numbers and a great one to switch between Harlequin which tends to have very similar THC/CBD% ... depending on the pheno as there are 1:1, 2:1 and even 4:1 ratios out there. I've personally tried the 4:1 and had it in my garden circulation though I culled it because I got my hands on the CBD gang I have currently.

Unless you favour Candy Kush and SBR for yourself personally, I'd strongly suggest dumping them and replacing the space they took up with more CBD OG. To give you an example of why I rate both Candy and SBR so low in the realm of CBD strong medicines is because I'm comparing them to strains like Sour Tsunami CBD 14% and THC 0.4%. Charlottes Web tends to record similar %'s as Sour tsunami, though some boast it to be in the realm of 20%+ in CBD and below 1% THC. AC/DC I've seen tested around 12% CBD. I've grown it to produce 21% with THC of 0.4 %. AC/DC, Charlottes Web and Sour Tsunami are not the easiest of cuts to come by. To my knowledge both CW and ST are clone only. I've heard rumours of feminized AC/DC around, but from seed bank sources I would not trust. One strain that is available online in regular seed form is Night Nurse. 2014 high times cup winner. Boast two phenos. The first with a whopping 21% CDB and around 1% THC and the other pheno is in the 12% CBD range with 0.5% THC.

TGA also have a couple of bad arse CBD/THC strains with 2:1 and 1:1 ratio's. Pennywise and Hurkle would be some of my favourites. For me I use my STRONG CBD meds for night time or severe pain. For day time I'll switch in and out of Pennywise, Hurkle and harlequin because they are all comparable. It's not hard when one of them is a Harlequin x Querkle production :)

In all honesty SBR and Candy Kush don't really even hold a torch to CBD OG either when it comes to CBD in general. Not only that but the ratioof THC to CBD the CBD OG has is awesome.

Hope that was helpful my mate

Its a good feeling isn't it, helping someone who is truly sick and has positive results from the application of CBD based medicines. I'm a designated provider for a gentleman with bowel cancer. So I'll be splitting the CBD harvest between him and I.

Out of the 3 you mentioned, I can say I'm very familiar with 2 of them first hand and the other by word of mouth. Candy Kush and Sugar black rose were cuts I donated to a friend who has kept them in rotation... I REALLY like Candy Kush. It's just yum, plain and simple. Though to my knowledge I have never heard of a Candy Kush pheno with CBD over .05% which is very low.. pretty much non existent. It's THC% can be a whopping 20%+mind you. The Sugar Black Rose is another low CBD% strain with comparable CBD% to Candy Kush... at best I've seen it at 0.1% at its worst 0.03%. The biggest CBD dog in your yard without a doubt would be Cali Connections CBD OG. The fact it was a cross out from Tahoe OG surprises me that its not more of a 1:1 ratio. Though when you are getting on average 12% CBD and 7% THC its good news. With that said still phenomenal numbers and a great one to switch between Harlequin which tends to have very similar THC/CBD% ... depending on the pheno as there are 1:1, 2:1 and even 4:1 ratios out there. I've personally tried the 4:1 and had it in my garden circulation though I culled it because I got my hands on the CBD gang I have currently.

Unless you favour Candy Kush and SBR for yourself personally, I'd strongly suggest dumping them and replacing the space they took up with more CBD OG. To give you an example of why I rate both Candy and SBR so low in the realm of CBD strong medicines is because I'm comparing them to strains like Sour Tsunami CBD 14% and THC 0.4%. Charlottes Web tends to record similar %'s as Sour tsunami, though some boast it to be in the realm of 20%+ in CBD and below 1% THC. AC/DC I've seen tested around 12% CBD. I've grown it to produce 21% with THC of 0.4 %. AC/DC, Charlottes Web and Sour Tsunami are not the easiest of cuts to come by. To my knowledge both CW and ST are clone only. I've heard rumours of feminized AC/DC around, but from seed bank sources I would not trust. One strain that is available online in regular seed form is Night Nurse. 2014 high times cup winner. Boast two phenos. The first with a whopping 21% CDB and around 1% THC and the other pheno is in the 12% CBD range with 0.5% THC.

TGA also have a couple of bad arse CBD/THC strains with 2:1 and 1:1 ratio's. Pennywise and Hurkle would be some of my favourites. For me I use my STRONG CBD meds for night time or severe pain. For day time I'll switch in and out of Pennywise, Hurkle and harlequin because they are all comparable. It's not hard when one of them is a Harlequin x Querkle production :)

In all honesty SBR and Candy Kush don't really even hold a torch to CBD OG either when it comes to CBD in general. Not only that but the ratioof THC to CBD the CBD OG has is awesome.

Hope that was helpful my mate

Great info, really,, I'll copy and paste this to my personal journal. I do love the candy kush but my palette is wide open.... Meaning many of what I've tried I've had no idea what it really is.

I don't know Jack compared to you, but I'll be tagging along.

Yes, the idea or concept that I can grow something to help these people,, really empowers me. I feel a little more proud, and much more driven to help. Thanks for all that info. I need to read it over a few times to digest it all,,, but I'll be making some changes based in your info!!!

Great info, really,, I'll copy and paste this to my personal journal. I do love the candy kush but my palette is wide open.... Meaning many of what I've tried I've had no idea what it really is.

I don't know Jack compared to you, but I'll be tagging along.

Yes, the idea or concept that I can grow something to help these people,, really empowers me. I feel a little more proud, and much more driven to help. Thanks for all that info. I need to read it over a few times to digest it all,,, but I'll be making some changes based in your info!!!

Glad you found it useful my mate MMM. I know it can sound like a bit of jargon when you hear all the ratios and percentages language but it wont take you long to get your head around it. For true MMJ the best general option is having that 1:1 ratio, meaning equal parts THC to CBD. Though to be specific I myself and patients I know with Rheumatoid Arthritis find more relief from ratios of 20:1 favouring CBD as the dominant in that ratio. After finding out some new info on CBG I have in the works a Durban Poison x Mickey Kush strain. Both are pretty high in CBG when grown correctly. There is no reputable science currently on the direct affect of CBG,CBD,CBN,THC in their entirety. So take all of this with a grain of salt as it's simply what I'm seeing first hand in the MMJ industry in Washington :)

Damn, sorry about the recent burn! Hard to like that, but they still seem really healthy for all they've been through! All caught up, wow you're into some exciting stuff in this journal! Let's get to the single cell clone thingies! :laughtwo: You make me feel like a toddler playing at science hahaha. I love it. I have a ton to learn from you. - note to self, remember Humagik. Sounds great. I also want to try Banana Manna, brightlight recommended it. Oh and you're into the boogie brew stuff!! I just got a free sample of the Boogie Brew blend, tried it on my plants a week ago! They loved it! :high-five:

Did I mention I missed you and your awesome accent around? ..I did! So glad you're doing better! You really know what you're doing thanks for sharing with us! :love:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
ARGHHH!!!! Well They say bad things come in threes. I went away for 2 days on business came back to my room set on timers etc, to find my intake and exhaust fans had faulted and were not working..... this is what I came home to.

20150731_021851.jpg
20150731_021836.jpg
20150731_021830.jpg

The most heartbreaking was what happened to the Charlottes web though I think she can be saved. Regardless, faulty equipment which is next to brandnew is more than frustrating.

With that said there is a silver lining in the clouds. This only bumps up the breeding project I had planned which is going to be awesome. I'll walk you all step by step through my process of stabilizing a strain. Also I'm going to pull out the tissue culture kit. I'll be soon offering a cloners kit that will also refer to another journal specifically about TC. I'm doing this because of the abundance of growers in medical/recreational that need to save space and have a way to store their genetic with very little maintenance needed in comparison to the more common or popular methods of cloning.

So the exciting part of my day was choosing exactly which genetics to pop. So here we have the line up to replace those who were lost in the 48 hour heatwave
20150801_171747.jpg

Above we have
-Grape OG (Grape Romulan x Tahoe OG)
-Grape Kush (Grape Romulan x Pre98 Bubba)
-God Bud (God x Hawaiian x Purple Skunk)
-THC Bomb (This is a signature original strain with very little accurate info on its parents)
-Space Bomb ( Romulan x Cinderella-99)
-Cream Caramel (Blueblack x Maple Leaf x White Rhino)
-Sour Diesel (Is rumoured to be MassSuperSkunk x SensiNorthernlight x Chemdawg)
-Durban Poison (An African IBL)

Now you'll see the pattern that I'm a BIG Romulan fan... because I'm yet to try a Romulan cross I didn't like. Out of all of them I'm most excited for the Durban Poison. It is easy one of my all time favourites, sitting in my top 3 without a doubt. I like to think Girl Scout Cookies owes most of her praise to Durban Poison. It's the factor that separate GSC from most other Kush like strains.

Not the happiest of updates but there it is. I'm going to go vape a bag or a hundred and drink a cold beer!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom