Growlow's Recycling Organic Living Soil - 2000W HPS

The most important factor of all for health and size of microbial colonies is Bacteria Surface area. The more air pockets you have the better the chance of colonies being present. The great thing about living organic soil with worms in it is you achieve this with no effort on your part at all :)

This is good stuff, I had some super soil cooking for the past week or so that I added some mycorzzial to and hadn't seen any webbing like this.. I had turned it a couple times and not noticed any at all.. went back to check after seeing this and boom there it was :). Excellent!

Should I be adding more water to my supersoil while it's cooking?

I also meant to add that turning the soil is something I do initially. Once the Colony presents itself, I try my best to not disturb it. When you disturb the Rhizospehere you pretty much may as well be re enacting the scene where Godzilla smashes the shit out of Tokyo :)

I FINALLY made it here! I have no excuse. Let me back up and read. :love:

:cheer::high-five::party::woohoo::party::high-five::cheer:

Welcome my LOS/ROLS kindred soul :) We're all better with you on board. Cheers for coming along for the ride:Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

Such a sweet talker. :laughtwo::love:

I also meant to add that turning the soil is something I do initially. Once the Colony presents itself, I try my best to not disturb it. When you disturb the Rhizospehere you pretty much may as well be re enacting the scene where Godzilla smashes the shit out of Tokyo :)

If the fungi reacts anything like mycelium(i'm not sure) turning could be good.. During mycelium colonization, shaking jars can speed things along as it helps spread out the mycelium to uninoculated points.. which I would imagine the fungi reacts the same way.. not sure though we should research that one.

If the fungi reacts anything like mycelium(i'm not sure) turning could be good.. During mycelium colonization, shaking jars can speed things along as it helps spread out the mycelium to uninoculated points.. which I would imagine the fungi reacts the same way.. not sure though we should research that one.

It's a bit different for a specific reason. The diversity of fungi and beneficial bacteria is much larger in the soil food web than that with mycellium. You have some bacteria that are like strains almost similar to roots though much more fragile and when disturbed it is like getting a hole in your fuel tank. You'll keep driving but won't get as far as you could have if you get my meaning :)

It's a bit different for a specific reason. The diversity of fungi and beneficial bacteria is much larger in the soil food web than that with mycellium. You have some bacteria that are like strains almost similar to roots though much more fragile and when disturbed it is like getting a hole in your fuel tank. You'll keep driving but won't get as far as you could have if you get my meaning :)

Very cool, good to know. I figured it might be different with all the different bacteria's, etc that are in there. I have been putting spent mushroom casings from my eddible grows into my compost for a couple years now. Decided to put this years chicken bedding into it though so its gonna be awhile before it gets some use. I'm expecting big things from this compost!

Also starting some worm bins for our food stuffs as worm castings are out of control expensive. My next grow I plan to do living soil so i'm watching your grow closely. I just read UncleCannabis' thread in the soil forum and it was an eye opener and right in line with what I believe to be truly organic. I can only imagine what the buds taste like coming out of organic living soil. Even though I don't use bottled nutriants, i feed the soil, i still feel dirty using things like gypsum or plantone in my mix.. even if it does say organic.

What I'm really interested in is things I can take advantage of around the property i live on. I have 13 acres of forrested lands, creeks, rivers, and glacial quartz, lots of mosses, and we travel to the coast of maine a lot to see family. Next time we go i'm gonna pickup a bunch of fresh kelp and dry it out and make my own kelp meal. Really starting also think about how I can use this in my vegetable gardens as well! So much good stuff with this grow method.. I love it.

I have quite a few egg layers and I'm wondering if I can powder the eggs shells for calcium?

I'm watching you muahaha!

Very cool, good to know. I figured it might be different with all the different bacteria's, etc that are in there. I have been putting spent mushroom casings from my eddible grows into my compost for a couple years now. Decided to put this years chicken bedding into it though so its gonna be awhile before it gets some use. I'm expecting big things from this compost!

Also starting some worm bins for our food stuffs as worm castings are out of control expensive. My next grow I plan to do living soil so i'm watching your grow closely. I just read UncleCannabis' thread in the soil forum and it was an eye opener and right in line with what I believe to be truly organic. I can only imagine what the buds taste like coming out of organic living soil. Even though I don't use bottled nutriants, i feed the soil, i still feel dirty using things like gypsum or plantone in my mix.. even if it does say organic.

What I'm really interested in is things I can take advantage of around the property i live on. I have 13 acres of forrested lands, creeks, rivers, and glacial quartz, lots of mosses, and we travel to the coast of maine a lot to see family. Next time we go i'm gonna pickup a bunch of fresh kelp and dry it out and make my own kelp meal. Really starting also think about how I can use this in my vegetable gardens as well! So much good stuff with this grow method.. I love it.

I have quite a few egg layers and I'm wondering if I can powder the eggs shells for calcium?

I'm watching you muahaha!

Big tip. If you can cook the egg shells in your oven on the lowest temp possible for about 30-40 mins so that it kills salmonella then blitz it up to as close to a powder as possible. Your worms will go nuts over it. They have real small mouths the more you can blitz up the food the better.

I've been lagging on this journal mostly because I'm waiting on those White widow to get to where I want the for flower which will be I think at least another 5-6 weeks. Though in about 3 weeks I'll transplant and things will get real exciting. I've been waiting on a bunch of specific supplies arriving so I can show you guys my approach in its most available form for people across the US. Also to give enough core information so that people in other countries can source products of the same equivalency.

Subscribed Growlow, all caught up and looking forward to your breeding & single cell grow.

Subscribed Growlow, all caught up and looking forward to your breeding & single cell grow.

Sweet as mate! Glad to have you on board for sure hope you got something to blaze on :volcano-smiley: the though of the opposite is too much to bare :volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::high-five::Namaste:

G'day guys and girls. Excuse the delay in my journal entry I have been between 3 countries inside a week and trying to catch up on work and family. I spread myself to thin sometimes but anyway I wanted to take the time to do a quick update. All the lil seedling have grow some since I last posted. They are all in 1gal mesh pots and the White widow are in 10 gal mesh pots... 2 of which are in 5 gal buckets due to room limitations as I am in the midst of some renovations. Anyway I hope you are all healthy and happy.

Cheers
20150603_041619.jpg

That sir is a charlottes web cut that was given to me by a friend. It had severe powdery mildew. I aggressively trimmed and treated the cut, have the room set perfect and that top growth believe it or not is new growth. I'm going to wait until that new growth develops some more, then to ensure I keep the genetics I might do a plant tissue culture and rewind this girl back down to her beginnings. In case you are not familiar with this technique it is a method of cloning through taking the plant back to a single cell and rebuilding it without passing along all the systematic issues that stay with cuts like mold and mildew as an example. Through tissue cell culture you are killing all the pathogens passed along the line that you get with the usual cut and gel method. This is a great method if you have a strain you have mothered flowered over and over again. Each cut looses a bit oomph as you go through this most used cloning process To re amp and bring back its full genetic potential, tissue cell culture is the only method I'm familiar with that does this very successfully if you have the right equipment and are thorough about sterilization.

Going to get all mad scientist in this journal. I just thought I'd warm you all up slowly :) :volcano-smiley:

Hey there just catching up here and didn't want to let some bizarre science confuse anyone with facts. A clone has all the same genetics as the mother nothing gets lost from the original doesn't matter if you do 30 successive runs and if they are clones the genes are EXACT copies as the first plant. Nothing lost nothing gained. Thats a fact 100% - show me how we would loose or somehow genes morphed into something different than the original while cloning?? Doesn't happen. IF something was lost the cloning method you speak of, plant tissue culture would not work either since the genes somehow mutated!! The clone is an exact copy of the original.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom