AllSmiles 2017 Organic Grow Using Recycled Soil

Quick photo update on the girls. They are now on day 48 of 12s. Lani is in front and Mazar in the back in pics.
IMG_035147.jpg
IMG_032749.jpg
IMG_033055.jpg

Mazar
IMG_034445.jpg

Lani
IMG_034651.jpg

Got a couple new seedlings going. A Light Blue Haze (Blueberry x NL5H) and Dr Grinspoon. I germed a Malawi and Golden Tiger as well but I screwed those up. Malawi for some reason popped up her tap root out of jiffy first so I carefully dug her out and replanted. She popped up fine and grew for a few days and looked like a normal seedling but then just bent over wilted one day. Golden Tiger was a result of me being impatient. She didn't break soil for 3 days so I dug in to see if she sprouted and she did. In the process I knocked off her head from the root. Doh! :) Oh well. Got 2 girls to finish off the year. They'll be flowered out in 3 gal airpots.

Classic spear-shaped colas. She doesn't make really fat ones, but with so many trichs I don't trim very close either. Still 2 weeks-ish left and looking fire man.
Colas are a bit more elongated on this pheno then the one in 2 gal. Both heavily resinated! She's starting to fatten up in the belly but still has that pointy spearat the tips. Think I'm going to give her another week but need to look at the trichs.

Just finished chopping and washing plants :slide:

Some final pics of the girls right before chop.

Mazar - Just a strong sweet berry smell to her. Super resinous. Can't wait to smoke some.
IMG_046952.jpg
IMG_046157.jpg
IMG_043444.jpg

Lani - Not the biggest of buds on this pheno but super resinous as well. Having a hard time relating the smell but she absolutely reeks of like a grilled steak that is heavily doused with black pepper. :drool: Excited for this one as well.

IMG_662116.JPG
IMG_662216.JPG
IMG_662515.JPG

IMG_663610.JPG

And the new girls at Day 29 since breaking soil. Dr. Grinspoon is on the left and Light Blue Haze on the right. Full on veg mode right now. I've never had an LED with a veg switch until now and they seem to love the blue only lighting.
IMG_663711.JPG
IMG_663216.JPG

Think they are ready for foliar feeding. Gonna use the same recipe as the previous round as they turned out well.

Congrats brother, and happy harvest, wow.
It does look like your best run, not a mark to be found anywhere, and all frosted flakes. :thumb:

Health was absurd. Smoke will be the best you've ever had, no doubt. :Namaste: 10/10 perfecto.

I like blue/white led, almost as much as CFL, or flouro. Third would be MH. Led is so much easier tho, so I'm using the blues too. :high-five:

Congrats brother, and happy harvest, wow.
It does look like your best run, not a mark to be found anywhere, and all frosted flakes. :thumb:

Health was absurd. Smoke will be the best you've ever had, no doubt. :Namaste: 10/10 perfecto.

I like blue/white led, almost as much as CFL, or flouro. Third would be MH. Led is so much easier tho, so I'm using the blues too. :high-five:
Thanks bro. Going off reekness and resin production on this last round definitely my best go.

I'm poppin a mazar x lani as soon as I harvest some seeds:) Probably pop 6 of them and keep the best 2 that tickles me the right way:)

Congrats on a fine harvest AS. Both plants & flowers are so healthy & perfect. Looks like quite a haul too. New starts also looking fine. Great job all around. :bravo: :Namaste:
Thanks my friend. I'm influenced by the many great growers here. It's looking to be around 4 zips for mazar and 3 for lani. Not close to my dwc days in waterfarms but the drop in level of effort, less $$, better quality, and huge grin on my face are well worth it :)

This new LED i'm using for veg started off decent but doesn't look like its all that great. I wouldn't recommend this light. Its a cheapy chinese light (Hi-Sdard 1000W) I went with to fill up a dead spot in my flower room and intended to use for the veg tent. Seems to be a very weak light or bad spectrum as the girls are stretching badly with light only 15" above them. I also topped plants a few days ago which with every plant caused nice branching to form new growth at internodes. With this light I don't see any progress at the internodes at all even after 3 days. Did way better with 2 small cfl bulbs in previous grows than this thing.

IMG_664614.jpg

These girls are at day 35 from seed and a lot less bushy than what I'm used to at this stage. Gonna turn on the bloom switch and see how it progresses with both switches on. If still bad I'll probably just toss the LED and bite the loss in $$ which was a little more than a benjamin. Will probably toss the plants as well if it doesn't get better and complete this journal and take a break until the spring.

On happier another note I harvested fem beans over the weekend :slide:

IMG_664914.jpg
IMG_665013.jpg
IMG_664813.jpg

If you're wondering where is Lani x Mazar that is a good question. The branch I marked came up empty. I must of marked the wrong branch or used the wrong side of the qtip during while pollinating :tokin:

It'll probably turn up during consumption at some point.
:peace::)

So the 2 new girls pretty much look exactly the same as last update. No new growth any where. Probably a reason buds were smaller this round. For china lights I would stick with Mars-Hydro and not mess with the other cheap china lights out there. Gonna throw my G8LED in there and flower them out to see what happens in the next 2-3 weeks to determine if they are worth keeping around.

Going to end this years journal here. Thanks Gov for the Lani beans! This will be a staple in my garden for many years to come. :Namaste:

So all my led lights are going on 3-5 years old now and all but 1 (G8LED) are starting to go out in sections. Since I love this hobby so much Mrs Smiles has let me step into the serious enthusiast level by allowing me to get a NextLight Mega :) :slide: Expensive but on par with any other hobby if you want top of the line equipment. Super stoked to fire it up for the next grow. No more daisy chaining all these different LEDs and filling in dead spots and wires/hanger strings dangling everywhere. Probably tuck them away for any emergencies.

Going to take a break from jounaling but still mosey about and around here at 420 Mag.

An early Merry Xmas and Happy New year everyone. Happy Cannabis Gardening:peace::)

Great journal AS...and that mega looks like a badass light for sure. I know journals can be time-consuming, but you gotta stick a clone or something under that thing and let us see what's doin'. Just do an informal weekly or bi-weekly update kinda thing. I know I'm 100% interested.

I have 8 lights that are over 4 years old and been considering doing the same thing (i.e. putting 2 larger lights over my tray to replace the 5 there now). Just done ZERO research. I have 5 identical lights over the tray now and one in the veg cabinet and one for a clone dome on the occasion I need the third space usually for 2-3 weeks every other month. I'd keep the cabinet and dome setup, but would love to replace my "array" with a single lamp or 2.

You got it Gov! The g8led is recovering the 2 stalled plants nicely so keeping them and will flower under this bad boy. I'll post some shots along the way here. Think I'll pop a couple Mazar x Lani and couple other of my own seeds to make sure I'm not waisting any lights:) Dr Grinspoons got a long flower time.

So I ordered the light Thursday and it already came today :slide:

This thing is a well engineered piece of machinery. Oh yeah!
IMG_665216.jpg
IMG_665415.jpg

The phone camera does well in lowering the light levels cause the pic does it no justice. This things a beaut!

Back
Top Bottom