GSC Mainlined Grow Journal - 2018

Im wait
Where’d you order your boards and stuff? Interested in how you build them.

Love your mainline. They are really taking off now!

I ordered the boards through Amazon, heatsinks from cobkits, drivers from ebay and i got wiring laying about.

Awesome work mate, Im playing with the idea of trying it one of my autos. any tips?

I would say my only tip is with autos they have such a short life span that more that 1 top can cause issues. I would not top more than once..twice is pushing it but if timed you can get away with it. Bend those new colas dow so she branches out and wait for her to reward you.

Added the quantum boards. Here is my light setup currently:

2 x qb288 54v

1x Mean Well HLG 240H-C2100A Drivers

2 x slate 2 heatsinks. I got individual heat sinks because it seemed like a better choice since the boards need to be a bit further apart from one another. Currently they are 9 inches apart. They dont seem that bright but such a decent lux.

SO is been a few days since i've posted or updated. My wife and I had our son! He was born happy and healthy. We decided to name him Walker. First boy, last kid. The wife had complications but were good, home and safe now. Since I've been so busy with all of that I have not had time to stop in and talk to my friends here so I wanted to update yall!

The GSC are doing great! They have been well cared for in my absence. They have taken to the nutes so very well. Already at 100% strength. I did top them and so they have had a final top ( 3 tops = 8 main colas) and have fully recovered from that. These quantum lights really seem to make a huge difference in growth, recovery and heat. I have mounted my drivers outside the tent so they do not contribute to heat and I am sure that helps.

I also got my 3d printer in finally! I am looking forward to making my own parts for my grow space. Any websites out there for these things?

I cant wait to see how this will turn out. More to come. Stay tuned.

Looking good I’m subbed I want to try this my next grow.
Glad to have you watching. This method looks more daunting and scary looking than it actually is TBH. When I chopped them the first time I was worried they couldnt recover from it..lol BUT they did and its over 2 months in veg now. Im ready to get these ladies flowering!

High triumph - congratulations on bringing a new being into the world :circle-of-love::theband:

Very glad to hear mum is doing ok too and you’re all happily home together.

The plant life you’re hosting is looking really great as well :yummy: You must be a pretty happy chappy right about now (without much sleep though). And a 3D printer - what an addition. Can’t wait to see how you put that into service for your growing!

:Namaste:

High triumph - congratulations on bringing a new being into the world :circle-of-love::theband:

Very glad to hear mum is doing ok too and you’re all happily home together.

The plant life you’re hosting is looking really great as well :yummy: You must be a pretty happy chappy right about now (without much sleep though). And a 3D printer - what an addition. Can’t wait to see how you put that into service for your growing!

:Namaste:

Thanks Amy! I am excited to have you watching! I am very curious on the possibilities with the printer. There will be a big use for it with hydroponics i think.

So as expected having another child can indeed slow down my posting. BUT I'm still here and since I have a free chance I can update you!

SO my GSC are both just growing huge. They are in flowering now for 5 days. I've had to raise my lights once already and it is bordering the point of raising them again. The plants have not been trimmed since i took them to 8 colas. 1 plant stayed at 8.. the other shot up to 12. Ive decided to leave them for now. I will also be tying them down later today to keep my canopy even.

I am printing parts for a hydro setup with that 3d printer. I want to start a journal for my hydro setup with my own parts I've made after this one. I am also waiting on a polycarbonate filament so I can design and print my custom case for my quantum setup.

Hey guys! Its been a bit for me! Had a business trip and left. Im back and DAMN have these ladies taken off! You can see one of them is in the classic "Mainlined" form so I will be using her to judge how well mainlining will benefit the grow. The other plant has literally grown wild with growth again. I decided to keep it this way so I can have a comparison between mainlining and an aggressive cropping. I'm going to tomato cage the mainlined plant for more support. The little one in the middle is the first clone from the GSC. I am letting it grow wild. IT GOT QUITE BIG!

The change to the Quantum lights has been FAR BEYOND my expectations. The plants look WAY healthier and happy. They take less water and heat is not an issue at all. They are also SILENT!

I've also been using Primordial Solutions nute additives since the beginning of the grow and I have to tell you my plants even when under the blurple lights never looked so green and happy. The stalks are thicker, the recovery rate from trimming has been better. The color has been richer and I have had 0 nute issues. I wont push them on you but if interested they are WELL WORTH the google search.

How are your grows going guys? Hope life has been great and all is well. I'm about to sit down to a bowl of sour cheese.

Hello again from my neck of the woods! It has been an interesting week to say the least. I gave the GSC nutes and water today. How do you guys add nutes to your water? I uses a syringe I got from a feed store. It is a 12 ml syringe and it allows me to add precise amounts of nutrients to my distilled water for feeding. 5ml = tsp (1.01) but it is close enough for me and works.

I have ordered several other seeds and decided to order another tent. This one will be MUCH larger. Currently I have a 2x4x5 tent. It works for my needs but my plants are easy to outgrow the space. It is a good 2-3 plant tent. Im going to get a 8' length x 4' depth x 6.5' tent ( 96x48x78 ). This will let me have more room. If I can convince the wife I may just convert a spare room into a grow space without need of a tent.

The girls are doing quite well. They seem to be bushing out more despite my aggressive trimming. I am done with the trimming and just letting them do there thing. The best part of mainlining is most the work is really at the beginning of the process. I need to level the colas for more even light coverage and fuller colas.

Looking stellar!! Have you tried supercropping? That will even the canopy out and make the stems even stronger, plus I get bigger buds on the branches I super crop;) even just pinch the neck and it will stop the stretch enough to let things catch up...just my 2 cents;)

Looking stellar!! Have you tried supercropping? That will even the canopy out and make the stems even stronger, plus I get bigger buds on the branches I super crop;) even just pinch the neck and it will stop the stretch enough to let things catch up...just my 2 cents;)

I will try that! Ill do that when they wake. Im shocked at how well they are doing. Im glad I took a few clones :).

Back
Top Bottom