Guttamanes First Box Build & Grow Attempt 2014

re: Guttamanes First Box Build & Grow Attempt 2014

10622244_953481591344853_880368949_n.jpg

Old pic where u can see the exhaust up high in the right corner of the box , you cannot see the intake fan in this pic but its a better view of my flowering space , the lights are lower than in this pic but you guys get the point. 10 gallon res and its 11 26watt 2700k cfls in there with 2 60 gallon air pumps blowing into 4 10'' inch airstones.

Wait, you are flowering already?!?!

Seems a bit too early to start flowering. I would do some topping or FIM'ing and let them get a little taller first.
You probably know the strain better than me though, just my opinion

Well yeah I flipped them they are almost 5 weeks I was afraid of the outgrowing my space so i went ahead and began to flower them , they have been topped twice and I am completely clueless to the strain these are bag seeds from some decent smoke.

5 weeks huh? They seem too short. Can you update me on the nutes and water you are using? How's the pH?

Well they have had a ruff life , they began in soil and sprouted on 7/16. The soil was harvest organic soil they were over watered in solo cups for about 2 weeks and were fed some miracle grow accidentally (container mix up) and slightly burned around 2 weeks then the following week they were transplanted into 1 gallon pots and I began a 1/4 feeding of the technaflora success kit and things were looking good after a few days of transplant shock when I spotted a spider mite problem in its latter stage so after that and me wanting to do hydro for some reason anyway I decided to transplant them to net pots and a 5 gallon res so there they were in shock and a growth stunt again at week 4 ..........so after about a week of explosive growth I decided to give my flowering box a run meanwhile I have some beans germinating now that I will begin in hydro and attempt to avoid all of the traumatic events that occurred the first go round now that I feel like I have a better grip on things and I am able to prevent pest and control my temps a lot better now. Using tap water thats about 7.0 , but ph has been stable around 5.8-6.0.

Dude that sounds like they have had a rough life. I hope they can still give you some good buds.

Yeah I know man , you and me both.

I hope they do well for you.. Before flowering your plants should be thriving and very healthy. Even though they are 5 weeks... They are not 5 weeks. You have stunted their growth. The size they are now is around when you would start vegging. No nutes would have been needed until this stage.

How are the roots now? The last root picture you posted are not mature enough to flower. They must have a solid root foundation to begin flowering.

:goodluck:

The roots are healthy and iam seeing new white root growth , the older ones appear to be stained from the solution but they look fine

Was also curious if any of you guys that are state side would like to message me and point me in the proper direction towards ordering some beans ?

Definitely choose discrete shipping option if that is a concern.

ok great , thanks guys.

Typically how long does it take to receive them once order is placed ?

It takes me about 7-12 days in the states from Herbies.

I also suggest paying a little more for insurance if there's any risk of customs taking the seeds. Herbies can track the order and when they see proof of a lost order, they will replace it for you. They have amazing customer service there.

It takes me about 7-12 days in the states from Herbies.

I also suggest paying a little more for insurance if there's any risk of customs taking the seeds. Herbies can track the order and when they see proof of a lost order, they will replace it for you. They have amazing customer service there.
Ok cool man thanks , any strains that you would like to point me towards seeing what type of setup i have and i will add that i like a couch lock indica buzz and something that taste smooth with nice aromas

Been thinking about running some autos

So far I'm liking Cali Jack. I haven't smoked any yet, so I can't speak for taste/smoke aroma. but it's a 70% Indica, 30% Sativa hybrid. Genetics are from Jack Herer Bubba Kush. It's a photo period plant, so you can Veg as long as you want and train it to grow any way you want.

It has a longer flower time of 9-11 weeks, but it currently has fatter buds than my Power Flower, and it still has like 3 weeks to go (Power Flower is just a few days from harvest). The buds also feel pretty dense, and I'm growing it just using CFLs.

15-20% THC and 4% CBD. Lots of medicinal uses with this strain.

Growth is short and bushy, and very easy to train to grow wide. Didn't need a lot of defoliation either. I had a few nanners pop up recently, (About 3 weeks from harvest now) but so far no new ones or big ones in the buds.

I will definitely be growing this strain again. Easy to manage + Big buds? Count me in!

! Medicann Cali Jack Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Unfortunately, that's the best strain I can suggest with my limited experience so far. I'm sure some other folks will have some nice suggestions too.

Back
Top Bottom