Guttamanes First Box Build & Grow Attempt 2014

re: Guttamanes First Box Build & Grow Attempt 2014

10601170_945495225476823_57882086_n.jpg
10590041_945496022143410_225432083_n.jpg
10589808_945495802143432_1315904716_n.jpg
10589758_945495238810155_297919343_n.jpg
10590007_945495822143430_1472266457_n.jpg

In other news here is a few shots of my outside ladies whom appear to be happy rite now after a light feeding and reaching for some sunlight !!

1407354929387.jpg

much needed ........ph was in the mid 7s .....yikes

20140806_163559.jpg
20140806_163543.jpg
well its safe to say the worms like my soil , little guy there on the middle of that leaf had a nice lunch that fast from the pics above that I took this am

1407354929387.jpg

much needed ........ph was in the mid 7s .....yikes

I'm finally subbed... My advice since ur now in a hydro set up, order a digal ph meter. U can get one one thE Bay for like $7 but there a piece of shit so I would say get 2 or spend that $60 for a better one. Gonna read through this journal now.

Well after being late discovering a bit of a spider mite problem i ran down to the local hydro store and was sent home 2 Dr.doom foggers to let off in my area where my veg and flower boxers are placed at. Guy is very cool and knowledgeable he explained to let off 1 fogger now and the second 3 days later and then i can either spray them with azamax about a week from the second fogger or i can do another round of fogger and then proceeded to explain there life cycle and why i wanna follow up in 3 days and so fourth so hopefully my beautiful ladies wont have webs and tiny holes all over the leaves and have been sucked dry while iam gone today.

And this is why I don't grow in soil.... Id rather run the risk of root rot then have insects running around. Lol good luck brother.

86390558.png
Are these organic and safe foggers?
yes, they are specifically for indoor growers guy that works at the hydro store uses them personally and he seems pretty honest and knowledgeable

I am going to let off another one saturday to kill any eggs that were unhatched , i just removed my hydro plants from veg cab and set my others that were outside all in my attic and closed the door to the closet and let the fogger go off i havent seen any webs this am i will look closely when i get home and yeah tamir this is part of the reason I choose to not continue in soil , my attic utility closet isnt exactly the best spot for both my boxes its dusty and unoccupied and i read the mites can come from dust and there is plenty of it. You live and learn i guess had i done enuff reading prior i would have be aware and could have done some preventive maintainence prior to using that space. If i see that these foggers are effective i dont mind letting off a $10 fogger every other week or so to just be safe in the future , i was informed there fine to use all the way up until the last week before harvest , just avoid direct spray from nozzle onto leaves.

Said that it was not necessary if i had them in an open space and the plants were not congested , where the fogger would cover the plants nicely when it dissipates and just follow it up in 3 days because the life cycle of the mites may leave unhatched larvae for up to 3 days

And this is why I don't grow in soil.... Id rather run the risk of root rot then have insects running around. Lol good luck brother.
From my understanding the mites come from dust , not the soil

Antics i have a question for you in regards to res sizing for dwc , as you can see im using the 5 gallon tote for vegging with 4 3.75'' pots and i plan on using a 10 gallon res for my flower box , its fits perfect and i wanted to avoid wrestling a 18 gallon tote full of water upstairs , now my question is basically is that big enough for 4 net pots or 2 ? My flower box is the green one in my pics and its approx 24x24x55. Do i even wanna hassle with attempting to flower 4 plants if that is even enough space or just do the 10 gallon res and make 2 net pot sites and just lst them for better yields ? Quality over quantity type of deal here ya know. In case you were interested the 5 gallon res is 16x13x9'' and the 10 gallon is 21x15x13. The 18 gallon res will fit as it is 24 inches but it will be very tight and block some of my intake holes. Incase you were unaware iam using random bag beans so iam assuming half will be male that is why i would like to veg atleast 4 for now then possibly reduce down to 2 when its flower time or continue with the 4

Are you going to make another box as they grow? I have 3 healthy seedlings and my hydro won't fit, so I am going to attempt a soil grow. The are in mushroom soil now and very happy. I'm just worried about space for 3, so I was wondering what you are doing? Thanks

Hey pat .......Iam a little unclear about your question brother if you are asking do i have separate boxes for veg and flower yes i do , if you have a sec skim back through this journal and you will see that i just finished my flower box and trying to decide how many pot sites iam going to place in my flower box dwc res.

Antics i have a question for you in regards to res sizing for dwc , as you can see im using the 5 gallon tote for vegging with 4 3.75'' pots and i plan on using a 10 gallon res for my flower box , its fits perfect and i wanted to avoid wrestling a 18 gallon tote full of water upstairs , now my question is basically is that big enough for 4 net pots or 2 ? My flower box is the green one in my pics and its approx 24x24x55. Do i even wanna hassle with attempting to flower 4 plants if that is even enough space or just do the 10 gallon res and make 2 net pot sites and just lst them for better yields ? Quality over quantity type of deal here ya know. In case you were interested the 5 gallon res is 16x13x9'' and the 10 gallon is 21x15x13. The 18 gallon res will fit as it is 24 inches but it will be very tight and block some of my intake holes. Incase you were unaware iam using random bag beans so iam assuming half will be male that is why i would like to veg atleast 4 for now then possibly reduce down to 2 when its flower time or continue with the 4

You're way beyond my experience level with that question. I'm a soil grower.. sorry man.

You can check out CO Finest's DWC here: D.W.C. Build Almost Done He also might be able to help you a lot more than I can.

guttamane2486, Im still a newbie at growing also. I can give you a few tips that might be able to help you. Like i was saying I have one plant in a 5 gallon tote which works great! Now she drinks at least 1.5 gallons a day. I can only fill the tote with 3 gallons to raise the water level to the bottom of the net pot. Anything over 3 gallons and the netpot will be in water. So im only working with 3 gallons.

In my experience with this I dont really believe the reservoir size matter THAT much as long as its not super small under 5 gallons.... With that being said. It kinda boils down to how much time you have and how many times a day you want to fill the reservoir up. Another factor that will come into play is if you put more than 1 plant in one tote is space issues. Even if i had a 20 gallon tote i couldn't imagine having 2 of my plants now in that same tote side by side... They would grow together and light penetration i believe would be a issue. But keep in mind my plant is over 4 ft tall and almost 4 feet wide. My plant has smashed threw the top of the tote numerous times now due to weight. I dont believe the plastic tote would handle any thing more. I have wrapped duck tape alllllllll around my netpot so it doesnt fall through. Im actually about to upload a photo of it in the next 10 mins.

Come over to my journal i have a few full plant pics and check out my setup and maybe it can help you determine what you want to do. If you are just wanting small plants you might be able to fit 4 in a 10 gallon tote.

Also keep in mind once you put them in the tote and they start getting roots everywhere you are not really going to be able to take the netpot out with a 3 inch one... My roots wont fit through the 3inch hole anymore without damage due to them being in a massive ball.

Hope this helps! My DWC journal is in my signature!

Yeah grape that makes sense , i was concerned about the weight of the plants and those flimsy lids , i went ahead and finished up my flower box last night i wanted to run it ahead of time and check for problems but i put 4 net pots on the 10 gallon tote , reson being imam growin random seeds so i expect some males in the bunches and id hate to have invested 3 months of time in 2 plants and both being male.

In other news 3 of the plants look much better the roots have reached down and each pot has a few touching water now , after 2 days in the dwc so thats good , I also have not seen any spider mites i will follow up with another bomb saturday. Also finished up my flowering box so im going to test run that and make sure temps and such stay low i have 3 more cfls in that cabinet totaling 253 actual watts by way of 11 cfls.

1974472_946511218708557_1665008622_n.jpg
10596280_946511778708501_1944258608_n.jpg
10589799_946511695375176_1629636776_n.jpg
10592510_946511288708550_1206907770_n.jpg

Here is a few pics of the flowering box about 70 percent complete , in the pics above 2 y splitters and 2 cfls are missing from the light dome and a few little modifications but this is pretty much how she stands , the air pump is outside of the box tho keep heat away from res. The res is a 10 gallon tote , 2 10'' airstones , one 3000cc pump with 2 outlets , 11 23 watt 2700k cfls and thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom