Hash Hounds Nirvana Super Skunk & Papaya in Soil

11 weeks in to 12/12 from seed

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Checked on the girls today and all is well.
Last watering was Humboldts Ginormous & Snow Storm Ultra & Molasses.
Budding is sort of slow compared to the last grow, and they aren't bulking up like I thought they would. But they are super healthy looking, and I'm gonna keep with the program. They will be ready when they feel like being ready.

Sorry for the yellowing in some pics, but that's new 600w HPS really puts out some light.
Room view
Room_view_11_wks_2_R.jpg

Papaya
Papaya_11_wks_R.jpg

Super Skunk
Super_Skunk_11_wks_R.jpg

Vanilla Kush
Vanilla_Kush_10_wks_R.jpg

White Widow & Kandy Kush
WW_KK_10_wks_R.jpg

yo those clones are looking good! After reading about those seeds that would sprout and then die spout and then die I felt a bit saddened for your loss brother :-/ thats a total bust to get seeds and not even get to see em grow. Just curious how were you germinating them? Or were you just throwing them right in the soil? Possibly the soil is too acidic what is the PH of the soil? Any idea? I'm not too great with soil, more of a hydro guy but maybe im pointing you in the right direction? Anyways take care friend and im glad i got an early seat! will definetly be watching your grow!
and if you like stop by mine some time! (last plant i pulled 7 off of and shes tied right now 20-20 for plant of the month! Hopin I get 10 off this girl!)

Hydrologist, they aren't clones.
All seeds started direct in peat pelts. Had no problem with the Nirvana's. The sprouting problem was with all the seeds from Attitude. Government x-rays, postal zapping, freeze thaw? Not sure what happened to them but different breeders in the same shipment all did the same thing.
Anyway, they are fine and well now. Just got off to a slow start. Learning experience here.

my bad dude I was referring to the clones you took for your homie-just looks like you took good ones.

and of coarse I feel ya on the learning experience keep up the good work though im worried you may have a tiny bit of a deficiency and thats why your leaves are drooping so much from what I remember from an awesome book I used to have called the Marijuana Garden Saver i'd have to say that looks a lot like a calcium or magnesium deficiency :-? i'd recomend some of AN's calmag possibly....though maybe read into it first idk.
GL
hydro

Hydrologist,

The clones were taken for a friend. The 2 Papaya did better than the 2 Super Skunk, but they all survived and are doing quite well on the last report from the guy I gave them to.

I took more clones just for the practice since I was low pruning anyway. Almost the same results. The Papaya look way better than the Super Skunk (which almost look dead now) The Vanilla Kush, White Widow, and Kandy Kush are doing well also.

Checked on the girls today and all looks well.

The buds still aren't fattening up yet. Or frosting up either.

Thought the Ginormous and the Snow Storm Ultra would have kicked them into high gear blooming by now. Plus, switched from 400w to 600w.

You can see by the pics the plants are plenty healthy.

And there are so many buds hidden by huge fan leaves. But have always read, don't pick the sun leaves til they are dead, right? However they aren't blocking the top and it is not much more advanced then the shaded ones.

I guess its just like when I was in the army, "hurry up and wait".

Checked on the girls today and all looks well.

The buds still aren't fattening up yet. Or frosting up either.

Thought the Ginormous and the Snow Storm Ultra would have kicked them into high gear blooming by now. Plus, switched from 400w to 600w.

You can see by the pics the plants are plenty healthy.

And there are so many buds hidden by huge fan leaves. But have always read, don't pick the sun leaves til they are dead, right? However they aren't blocking the top and it is not much more advanced then the shaded ones.

I guess its just like when I was in the army, "hurry up and wait".

When the fan leaves are blocking out too much light, it's not a bad idea to move them out of the way so the flowers can get light. Tie them away from larger flowers, but don't cut them. I've read a lot of people like to thin out the plants to allow more light to the flowers, but more often I read that is a bad thing to do. I haven't had this problem too bad, so a bit of a moving the plant around usually works without needing to thin out the leaves.

TY VOJ, and congrats on the Jan nug/mo winner

Not much room to move them though. It's like a jungle in there.

Originally planned on 3 plants (Papaya, Super Skunk, and Vanilla Kush), but when the first Vanilla Kush didn't sprout my friend threw in the Kandy Kush and when that didn't sprout in 3 days, he threw in a White Widow which didn't sprout in 3 days either. In the mean time I started another Vanilla Kush.
Then all 3 sprouted and looked real weak for almost 2 weeks then they started to take off. Now we have 5 in there fighting for space.

Lesson learned; Prune to adapt to the space, or only have 1 or 2 and prune/train them to fill the space.

Last grow was only one plant and she filled the room with a little help from some LST. Was over 8oz dry. I doubt we will see that from all 5 plants total this time.

Thanks HH,

When space gets limited I have made it a point to now prune the lower branches off. I've seen a lot of indoor growers do it to try to make thinner plants with lots of tops, a few mids, and no bottoms. I have not gone agressive on this, but am happy with the results I've had. Chopping the lower 3-4 sets is the most I've done, but I see people cut quite a bit more.

That's a good lesson learned on space. After having the same basic issue as you, I have also checked on strains that do well growing more compact like a pine cone, and not so bushy. Knowing the strains traits helps me figure out the best way to place plants and which can be topped or pruned to make the best use of space :hookah:

Clones

Taking a few more clones for a friend.

2 Papaya showed a few roots so I put them in dirt
clones_papaya.jpg

Kandy Kush showing lots of roots will go in dirt later tonight or tomorrow
clone_Kandy_Kush.jpg

10 1/2 weeks 12/12 from seed

10 plus weeks in and things are looking fine in the grow room. A few days ago, took some lower branches off of the Kandy Kush that wouldn't have amounted to anything and she shot up about 6 inches. We did the LST to her today. Shes just starting to show hairs. She is a few weeks behind the others. You can see her in the pic peeking her head up behind the White Widow that we did LST to a few days ago.
WW_KK_9_wks_R.jpg

here's a closer view of the WW LST. It is amazing how fast the buds turn to the light.
WW_LST_9_wks_R.jpg

and here is the Super Skunk, sorry for the bad photo. I missed the top cola. Which is sort of thin anyway.
Super_Skunk_10_wks_R.jpg

And here is the Papaya, sorry again missed the tip top.
Papaya_10_wks_R.jpg

And here is the room view
Room_view_10_wks_R.jpg

Almost forgot the Vanilla Kush. What a short solid plant.
Vanilla_Kush_9_wks_R.jpg

Flushed very good today to get rid of any build up that might be in the soil. Gonna let them dry out for a few days then one last feeding with ginormous. I don't wanna have to flush more of that stuff out later. These plants look healthy enough. And with the CRF's I have in there, I think they will make well into harvest time with Snow Storm Ultra, or Molasses and a touch of Epsom if needed after that.

pulling up a lawn chair myself. I have some nirvana crystal, and papaya going right now. I am only at 2 weeks from seed, but your grow has inspired me greatly.

:bravo:

11 1/2 wks 12/12 from seed

Plants are doing fine. Just wanna show a few pics. Lots of trichomes, but they still have a lot of fattening up to do.
I am surprised at how much lower bud their is doing good even though they don't receive much light. We have removed very few leaves so far. Only ones 50% or more dead.

Kandy Kush we LSTed last week
Kandy_Kush_10_wks_LST.jpg

White Widow LSTed 2 wks ago
White_Widow_10_wks_LST.jpg

Vanilla Kush
Vanilla_Kush_10_wks.jpg

Super Skunk
Super_Skunk_11_wks.jpg

Papaya
Papaya_11_wks.jpg

Papaya top
Papaya_11_wks_top.jpg

Damn, son, those are some fine looking ladies you got there!!!!A little bit of leaf curl there on the vanilla kush, ww, and super skunk, but they are definitely doing well!! I'm going to read back thru adn see how much you added to your pots, they seem to like the feeding they are getting, just a slight burn to a few of the tips ii see

Hey there, Hound-Dog, great pics. I've been tagging along on Doc-Buds postings for 8+ months and using the OC+ but still cannot remotely approach his yields... user error on my end.
I'll be watching your notes to see your thoughts on the comparison between OC+ and DM Red.
Hope that skunk gets you happy!!

Back
Top Bottom