Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

You pH should only fluctuate a bit to allow for nutrient uptakes at different levels. Your PPM in veg will be much less than that in bloom.
As Dutchie mentioned it's good to check your PPM for the amount of nutes as well. Early flower you should be in around 750-950ppm.

That's a very nice scrog by the way. Neat and tidy and most importantly level. Good job :)
OMG Professor you just made my day! I was worried I had kept it too low winding down the stretch.

It doesn't change from stage to stage, but I'm curious as to what signs you were seeing to think it seemed low...
There were some yellowing lower leaves (that I plucked), also some leaves with brown splotches. The shininess is the main thing I’m looking at and then some purple/red stems coming in. I know that can come naturally, so I’m just making my best guess? I’ll see what happens if I drop the ph to 6.0-6.5 for a couple feedings. Thanks for the help!!

You pH should only fluctuate a bit to allow for nutrient uptakes at different levels. Your PPM in veg will be much less than that in bloom.
Hi Dutchman :) How do I measure ppm?

I’m in! One thing I see that would bother me.....but I’m from the Newty school of defoliation lol...I’d want it a little cleaner below the net. I’d wait for stretch to end and address it then though. The less you have down low when they start packing on weight, the more airflow you will have hopefully reducing risk of mold or rot. Scrog looks great!! You got a good group of guys/girls :rofl:here to help!

I am also growing a Mango Kush as we speak along with a dark devil auto. It's about 3 weeks into flower. It will be interesting to compare grows!
Yaaaas! This is going to be so cool! I think I’m at about the same stage as you. Hoping to harvest in 4-6 weeks according to seed bank guide.

OMG Professor you just made my day! I was worried I had kept it too low winding down the stretch.
It really is a very good scrog. I know you said you already did a bit of defoliation but there are certainly a few that I can see that would benefit from being removed. If you do decide to remove any more take it slowly and only remove large fan leaves with a long stem. Remember that as your plants fatten up those gaps in the canopy will close up and light will only hit the tops of the colas. If you do remove any then large leaves that are obviously covering bud sites are a good place to start. It's up to you. You don't have to if you don't want to and you don't have to rush if you do. Maybe read a thread or two on defol and then decide :)

I’m in! One thing I see that would bother me.....but I’m from the Newty school of defoliation lol...I’d want it a little cleaner below the net. I’d wait for stretch to end and address it then though. The less you have down low when they start packing on weight, the more airflow you will have hopefully reducing risk of mold or rot. Scrog looks great!! You got a good group of guys/girls :rofl:here to help!
you just beat me to it lol :)

I’m in! One thing I see that would bother me.....but I’m from the Newty school of defoliation lol...I’d want it a little cleaner below the net. I’d wait for stretch to end and address it then though.
Oh cool, I actually did some more clean up under the canopy today! I think I’m done with the stretch now. I’ll add some new photos tomorrow to see if maybe I should do more. Thank you all so much! I’ve been a chicken with defoliating for sure.

Cleanup and defoil comes with time and practice! To much can be dangerous for your plants but over time you will get the feel for it and not worry as much! I was reluctant to cut anything at first but as time went on I realized it was beneficial to the plant and to my overall end results!

I agree with @Mr. Magoo and @ProfessorFlora about cleaning the bottoms and a few more big fan leaves! But I’m a bit OCD when it comes to defoil and trimming lol!

Cleanup and defoil comes with time and practice! To much can be dangerous for your plants but over time you will get the feel for it and not worry as much! I was reluctant to cut anything at first but as time went on I realized it was beneficial to the plant and to my overall end results!

Yes! I’ve been trying to find that balance. I’ve seen some pictures of growers who went crazy plucking so they looked like little lion heads and then there’s been others saying “they need the leaves!”
I’ll clean up the canopy some more tomorrow and put up the pics. Thank you all so much for helping me. I feel so much better now, going it alone was a little more stressful than I realized!

It's a debate that will go on for some time yet I think but personally for my style of growing it isn't just a choice, it's essential. My space is tight and there is no way light would penetrate the canopy anymore than a few inches if I didnt :)

I did a little checking in my notes and it looks like I’m a little further into flower than I thought. I flipped to 12/12 on Sept 10, so tomorrow will be 4 weeks in. :D
After a little defoliation encouragement, I went at it go big or go home style - haha, at least that’s how it felt to me! Hopefully I didn’t take too much. :oops::eek: Let me know what you guys think.....
Some before and after shots
B1F0BCC8-19A7-48C8-B091-006577FE9040.jpeg
CB591E66-4C23-455E-A581-4F8474811B2B.jpeg

Before and after again
BFFA5C31-27C8-477E-815A-F6F9FE715F40.jpeg
C3F78666-FE4A-4487-A52E-1A061A0E9261.jpeg

And under the canopy 2 befores and 1 after
E37C0976-551B-4EC8-B23F-D8E447DC8A6C.jpeg
5D242752-FA79-4B2F-A748-6412B39A6728.jpeg
69842D73-3A84-407F-B2D5-41C559843756.jpeg

Haha, it took about 40 minutes and i came out like I’d been sweatin in a sauna, but it’s done! :slide:
Thank you guys for the help, I really appreciate the advice.

Thank you Dutchman, I’m glad it wasn’t too much then.
I also kept all my clippings this time, since I’ve seen others putting theirs in the freezer. Can anyone recommend a link for ideas of what I could do with them? I’m hoping to use as much of the plants as possible. Thanks again :)

Thank you Dutchman, I’m glad it wasn’t too much then.
I also kept all my clippings this time, since I’ve seen others putting theirs in the freezer. Can anyone recommend a link for ideas of what I could do with them? I’m hoping to use as much of the plants as possible. Thanks again :)

I actually just kept my last defoil from the other day
8E67653F-386D-4DA2-A4C3-4A6CCF8A6A93.jpeg

There’s so many things to do with them! I blend them into my morning breakfast shakes, use them in salads, and the list goes on! If you would like some more ideas let me know !!

Nice Dutchman! And yes please! I would love to hear any ideas, I was thinking like a butter maybe? Or an oil for massage therapy? I just don’t want to waste anything that could be useful.

Back
Top Bottom