Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

Alrighty - it is time for a “try my best” smoke report. :yummy: So far, I have only smoked from my Marlin jars, which were leafier, not so well trimmed, buds. I’m also at the disadvantage of not fully being able to smoke normally because it isn’t great for me to cough post-op. So I’m taking tiny little hits and only a few - but I can tell you, I would really be happy with this, as compared to a regular dispensary purchase, so first round goal achieved!! The reason we started growing ourselves was to save money, but not at the sacrifice of product, so for that I am so super pumped! (Is it okay to give myself a little pat on the back for that?!)

I am not great at distinguishing flavors (my apologies in advance), but it starts out with a musky/heavy? kind of flavor and then goes to a sweeter finish that does have a mango-ish taste. It isn’t harsh except for maybe it’s leafiness that does make me cough a little if I’m not careful. Some of the other types we bought at the dispensary, I can’t even smoke them at all because they make me hack no matter how small of a toke I take, so I am really happy with the MK smoothness. I’m hoping Nemo’s buds will be even smoother since I did a little better trimming job. I also dried them a little too fast on accident, so hoping to smooth it out even more on my next grow.

Now, I’m not good at telling you about how it tastes, but I am good at telling you how it makes me feel. And frankly, that’s what matters to me the most! I’ve been smoking nothing but the MK during the daytime for the last few days (albeit small hits each session) and it is a great daytime smoke. I feel slightly energized and giggly. It is supposed to be good for socializing and I would say, check! I feel chatty and happy soon after hitting it. As the high mellows, I find myself feeling relaxed and even zoning out a little (in a good way), just enjoying my buzz. My high lasts a pretty good amount of time, I like strains like strawberry cough because they’re a nice and light high, but damn! I feel like I’m heading to the garage every ten minutes! This MK high lasts a while before I need to smoke again. I can still function and go about my day, but relaxed and more easygoing (I can get pretty dang uptight sometimes).

According to the seedbank site, Mango Kush is 65% indica, 35% sativa, and averages about 16% THC, it’s supposed to be good for treating things like stress and anxiety and I would say check and check for both of those claims. It’s a little intimidating to grow one type of strain and say - ok, this is what we’re going to smoke for the next few months... Luckily this turned out to be pretty perfect for me and what I want in my daytime smoke. I bought a mix pack so my next few grows are predetermined for me. The next one is a Blackberry Kush, which is supposed to be harder to grow than the MK, but I think with the support of my 420mag crew, we’ll be able to manage it all together! And then the third grow will be the strain I was most interested in when I bought the pack, Banana Kush (can’t wait!!)

All in all, I’m really happy with how this turned out and the product I ended up with. Like I said before, I’d be happy if I had bought this kind at a dispensary and I’d add it to my dispensary line up, so thumbs up!! I I will happily grow this again, which is a good thing, because I have 3 more seeds of it. Lol. I would fully recommend this strain for anyone with social or anxiety stuff. I’m interested to make some edibles from it and see how gravy that might be! I watched a tutorial on making RSO and the Dr. in the vid recommend the Mango Kush strain specifically for anxiety, so a winner all around for this girl.
A big thank you to everyone who helped me through this grow!! I’m so happy and thankful to be part of this awesome community of growers!

Nice write up HH! Sounds like a good strain to me! My list of strains I want to grow just keeps growing and growing:rofl: but you did an awesome job!

Keep it green!:welldone:

Nice write up HH! Sounds like a good strain to me! My list of strains I want to grow just keeps growing and growing:rofl: but you did an awesome job!

Keep it green!:welldone:
Thanks Dutch! I feel the same way as you, so many good strains out there! After I get a bit more experience, I might have to go the ProfessorFlora route and run a real buffet style grow! :)

Really nice toke report Heavenly :D made me want some!
it okay to give myself a little pat on the back for that?
Absolutely! Like SHed said, it;s totally 420 approved. And get use to that feeling too. I never goes away. You obviously have a green thumb for cannabis so my bet is that your own grown is always gonna be better than the dispensary :thumb:

can get pretty dang uptight sometimes).
:rofl::high-five: :battingeyelashes: Isn’t ganja wonderful!:ganjamon:

Really nice toke report Heavenly :D made me want some!

Absolutely! Like SHed said, it;s totally 420 approved. And get use to that feeling too. I never goes away. You obviously have a green thumb for cannabis so my bet is that your own grown is always gonna be better than the dispensary :thumb:

:rofl::high-five::battingeyelashes: Isn’t ganja wonderful!:ganjamon:
Thank you Amy! It’s funny, because I kill just about everything else! :laugh: I guess I have more motivation for that sweet Mary Jane! I’ve learned a lot from this though, and I really think it’s going to make me a better gardener all around, come next spring.
Ganja really is the best!! :kiss:

I’ve finally gotten to a point where I can smoke the Nemo version of my Mango Kush. It started out so harsh, and I was post-surgery, so it wasn’t a good match. But we’ve taken a little time apart, she’s mellowed, and I’ve healed, and now it’s a match made in heaven! :yummy: I jarred her up on 11/11 so it’s just over the 1 month cure mark. Mango Kush is listed as a 65% indica and 35% Sativa and this one feels much different than her sister. I don’t feel the chatty energy that I have with the Marlin edition, this one is just a really relaxing, stoney, zone out type of smoke. I let this one grow an extra 4-5 days longer, but these two plants have been really different from each other since the beginning. I think this Nemo edition leans much more indica than her sister, because I don’t want to do nothin after I smoke this a few times!
Another cool thing happened. My Mom-in-law came to stay with us and help with the kids while I recovered. Well she “accidentally” stumbled onto my tent in the closet. :rolleyes: But since the cat was out of the bag, we told her. Once the Marlin edition was ready, I let her try some of it and she really liked it. She really liked it. She has to be really careful about the weed she smokes, because a lot of the time it will wig her out. In fact she usually just uses one of the pax things with 1:1 CBD. I told her it was supposed to be good for anxiety and that I liked it, so she tried it. It meant a lot that she liked it so much, and it meant even more that it actually helped her! It was just a proud and cool moment that I wanted to share with you all. :) I made sure I sent her home with some.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom