Heavenly Hybrid 2nd Grow: Blackberry Kush, Coco Grow, LED450

Doesn't look like bed-meds to me!
:rofl: I thought it did! Just.

I see plenty of amber just beginning. Was a bit hard to tell if there was many clear ones left. You’d be safe to take it or let it go a few more days. (IMHO YMMV).

Remember too that CBN (which is what the amber indicates) is about 10% the potency of THC. So while it may be gaining extra sedative effect, that conversion from THC to CBN is not happening at a 1:1 ratio. You’re possibly better of with a nice sedative terpene profile (myrcene, Linalool) and mostly cloudy trichs (again, IMHO :)). Some conversion will continue to happen, too. The BBK is a sedative leaning strain already isn’t it?
:Namaste:

Remember too that CBN (which is what the amber indicates) is about 10% the potency of THC.
So a plant spec'd out at 20% THC will only be 2% CBN if left to go completely amber? Where do the rest of the cannabinoids go? Or do cannabinoids not follow the conservation of matter rules? Or maybe the question is how do we define "potency."
420 review of Blackberry Kush
Who wouldn't want "uplifted and full of feelings of happiness"!

Who wouldn't want "uplifted and full of feelings of happiness"!
Well exactly! It’s claim of instant hitting pain relief got my attention I think :)

do cannabinoids not follow the conservation of matter rules?
Good question... I don’t think the amount of the substance changes, just the molecular structure and the potency/effect.
Or maybe the question is how do we define "potency."
Maybe so. 10% is the number mentioned in one of my course videos (“about 10%”) and I don’t know what the source for that was (but GFM use pretty good sources and people). Perhaps she meant 10% as strong in terms of psychoactive effect. I’ll check the video again sometime soon (I’m about to revise in prep for the exam!)

I was just checking my notes and was also interested to see that, because cannabinoids are biphasic, while CBN in small amounts is sedative, high doses have been shown to be alerting. No mention of the actual dose amounts tho (not in my notes at any rate - it’s an introductory course ;))

I do have it noted that CBN and THC+myrcene are virtually equivalent in effects.

Lol, they do have some great writers for their descriptions, I’ve been tempted to buy just about every strain I’ve read on there. We’ve bought blackberry Kush from the dispensary before, so I’d be so happy if it turned out similar to what we bought. Wonder when they harvested? :laughtwo:

You guys are going over my head here, can someone please dumb it down?! :laughtwo:

I do have it noted that CBN and THC+myrcene are virtually equivalent in effects.
And now were back to the "indica vs sativa is really about terpenes" discussion! It all comes back around :).

You guys are going over my head here, can someone please dumb it down?! :laughtwo:
CBN is what THC degrades to when the trichomes go from cloudy to amber. CBN is the cannabinoid that causes couchlock. Amy is saying that she's learned that a terpene called "myrcene" also causes sedation, so if you get a strain high in myrcene you should be able to harvest at cloudy and still get your nighttime meds.

How was that?

What does it smell like Heavenly? (I’m sure it smells heavenly :laughtwo: ) Can you identify anything? Mango or passionfruit will indicate myrcene - sometimes a slightly metallic odour (which I had for the first tome with my white widow- like metallic mango!). Name the smells for me if you can!

That is dumbified just right! So how would I know if I have the myrcene terpene? Is that something that would be listed by the breeder?
How quickly do they turn to amber? More specifically, if I let her go three or four more days, would it make a difference in the CBN percentage?

What does it smell like Heavenly? (I’m sure it smells heavenly :laughtwo: ) Can you identify anything? Mango or passionfruit will indicate myrcene - sometimes a slightly metallic odour (which I had for the first tome with my white widow- like metallic mango!). Name the smells for me if you can!
I’ll go smell and report back!

This is a terpene profile from a tested BBK

It shows plenty myrcene but also pinene and a-pinene can be anxiety inducing. SO! ... noting that CBN can also lower heart rate without affecting blood flow, if you have strong piney aromas then there’s maybe no harm letting it go bit longer. That said - the myrcene May counter the ‘uppy’ pinene. It’s a complex terpene profile - and yours won’t be exactly the same as this (different phenotypes, environment etc all affect it) but it’s a good idea of what may be in there.
7F43A6A3-EA1B-4F91-AA95-8CE31B881AF2.jpeg
9A26238C-B816-499B-B547-BAE67CE9ACA6.png

It’s a screenshot from here:

Nice! Thank you Amy! I went and smelled and I’ve decided, I’m really bad at this! :laughtwo: It’s dominantly sweet smelling, not any pine that I can notice. Maybe a hint of diesel? The grapefruit/mango sweetness seems to fit for my olfactory bulb when I try to consciously place it.

:thumb: it can be super hard to identify things, especially in a really complex mix like this one has (well most do but some more than others). I don’t know what give that fuel/diesel smell. I didn’t get so much of that this year.
I thought I read that was a common scent for the kush strains? It was a long time ago, I can’t even remember where that came from? I’ll check out your link, maybe start studying up a bit on terpenes!

Back
Top Bottom