Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

I have been reading the thread about bud washing (thank you again to @Amy Gardner!) and it brought up an old memory. I’ve always had a strong dislike for the taste of weed in my food. I’ve made cannabutter a handful of times and whenever I made something with it, I would choke it down, barely chewing and then wash it down with a drink to mask the flavor. (Say what you will, I just don’t like it) We had been smoking with an old school vaporizer and I read that you could use the poo to make butter, so I saved it. I probably had 1/2 to maybe 2/3 of a ziplock sandwich bag’s worth of poo and stems. I also read that soaking it would help reduce the flavor, but of course, I was worried about losing potency in this, already used bud. What did we have to lose? I mean, it was poo! I used the poo, stems and about a $20 sack of fresh nugs and I soaked it overnight in a little cup of water. The next day I cooked it low and slow and then used it to made strawberry financiers for a party. They were the best tasting treat I had ever eaten, let alone made myself! (This was before medical cards and dispensaries were a thing). They were so good and a good solid buzz off of poo! Lol, I had to warn a couple people who usually don’t smoke much, they were eating too many just because they tasted good. Sorry for the braggy sounding story, but it really was the best butter I had ever made. I haven’t made butter myself since, but reading about bud washing helped me remember that story and helps me confirm to myself that washing the buds will not make it lose potency. I will 100% be washing my harvest. Count down - 5 days to go (or less). :D

Yay for the wash heavenly! And nice discovery on the vape ‘poo’ :D. I have a whole lot and have used some of it added to a coffee maker for an infused coffee that worked really well too. And I think it will be effective in an infusion for pain oil too. But perhaps I’ll try some buttery treats with it sometime too. I do have a lot of it!

The ganja babies are looking good :yummy: good to hear they’re ripening niceley.
Won’t be long now!
:Namaste:

Yay for the wash heavenly! And nice discovery on the vape ‘poo’ :D. I have a whole lot and have used some of it added to a coffee maker for an infused coffee that worked really well too. And I think it will be effective in an infusion for pain oil too. But perhaps I’ll try some buttery treats with it sometime too. I do have a lot of it!

The ganja babies are looking good :yummy: good to hear they’re ripening niceley.
Won’t be long now!
:Namaste:
Ohh, in the coffee grounds, brilliant! And so easy. We hardly ever use our old vaporizer anymore, I want to get a newer one once I’m done buying growing equipment. :D If that day ever comes! And pain oil would be so great too. Thanks for the advice about looking for new white hairs too. It’s been really helpful without having to go through the loop/pictures looking at trichomes every day. Such a great wealth of knowledge on this forum, I’m really so glad to be here!

Ohh, in the coffee grounds, brilliant! And so easy. We hardly ever use our old vaporizer anymore, I want to get a newer one once I’m done buying growing equipment. :D If that day ever comes! And pain oil would be so great too. Thanks for the advice about looking for new white hairs too. It’s been really helpful without having to go through the loop/pictures looking at trichomes every day. Such a great wealth of knowledge on this forum, I’m really so glad to be here!
We’re glad to have you here!

Picture check in day. I feel like I am getting a tiny bit better at seeing/judging the trichomes. Practice, practice, practice. I would be okay with taking Marlin down now (especially having Shed’s blessing) :D, new pistil growth is fairly minimal and I don’t think it’s quite near 20% amber trichomes yet, but it sure seems close enough to my impatient eyes. But Nemo... poor gimpy fin Nemo. She has a decent amount of new pistils and I think a good amount of her trichomes are still only half-cloudy. I’d love to hear the opinions of the wise masters on her. Every time I enter the tent, it gets harder and harder to resist the urge to get choppy!
First Marlin:
9A378CC8-1A71-417C-8C24-FF058D7824E4.jpeg
5EC8D670-EAFA-40F7-A6A2-0B163AD5F881.jpeg
667BF0DF-E30A-40DB-B826-C896D4217F80.jpeg
480B4D83-E29C-431C-84ED-AEF91162050F.jpeg

And Nemo:
C6A8F57C-B14B-46D8-9558-026DFAE0D14D.jpeg
C7AE7F87-C04D-40DF-91A4-240CC7405A86.jpeg
80CC4960-7216-409B-963C-A7B498F86B23.jpeg

Ho, ho, yeah!:slide:I think I just peed a little guys! You all think they’re both ready?! I guess I’m not getting better at reading trichomes! :laugh::laugh: I know it’s up to each grower at this stage. I suppose I just don’t want to make a rookie mistake with harvesting Nemo too early. But I have so much trust in my wise masters. Thank you for all the help you’ve all given me along the way too. Seriously, invaluable advice. So happy to have you all with me! Tonight, tonight!! :):):)

Oh no! I already cut them both down! :eek:
Just kidding! That’s a good idea, I think the strings on the net are fairly useless at this point. I will free them from their net and get some photos before I say goodbye to Marlin. I’ll follow your advice and keep Marlin a bit longer. Thank you again!!

Ho, ho, yeah!:slide:I think I just peed a little guys! You all think they’re both ready?! I guess I’m not getting better at reading trichomes! :laugh::laugh: I know it’s up to each grower at this stage. I suppose I just don’t want to make a rookie mistake with harvesting Nemo too early. But I have so much trust in my wise masters. Thank you for all the help you’ve all given me along the way too. Seriously, invaluable advice. So happy to have you all with me! Tonight, tonight!! :):):)
:rofl:

The deed has been done, Marlin has been harvested!! I made a bud wash with 3 buckets/bins. I used Hiker’s instructions on the tutorial I got from @Amy Gardner (thanks :ciao:) In my first bucket, I used 1/3 cup of lemon juice because I only had two lemons and that was the juice they gave me, 1/3 cup baking soda in luke warm water. The second bin had hot water from the tap and the third bin had cold water. I trimmed off the fans and the leaf tips that didn’t have much sparkle and swished them around in each bucket/bin for at least 30 seconds. They are now drip drying for ~4 hours before I move them to the closet for more hanging around time. I’ll do a better clean up trim tomorrow too.

Nemo is spending a little solo time in the tent.
D3CADAFA-A111-4422-BE13-FC5F2D85AD3B.jpeg

And Marlin before choppy, choppy time
428B5619-7351-49A1-8F71-2EAFCCEC27E9.jpeg
08AD24D9-8FFC-4A3F-AEBE-1FC0845FE0C5.jpeg
7E2C5532-5F2F-45BB-9202-DACD97337DAC.jpeg
B9808104-9556-43DD-BF54-837E8A9E7205.jpeg
9F944805-FB2C-4E90-825F-CAAB56C4C021.jpeg
939C5CB0-5774-4FE6-B87D-0DE7A887A812.jpeg

Mango Kush, first grow, first cut
61429348-A3C6-43D5-8456-0B84B4AFBCEF.jpeg

Aaaand Marlin after choppy, choppy time
E6F46902-3A54-4B15-A688-28CB4B2E0298.jpeg