Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

My sample bud was so harsh. Lol. Low and slow drying and curing in turkey bags. Now it’s like smoking air. Smooth as can be with a fantastic buzz. I’ve gifted some to some friends and family and one told me it was top 3 he’d ever smoked. There’s magic in the drying and curing! Lol

Great point! Also you could harvest half the plant now and let the other half go until you harvest Nemo. This would give you 2 different perspectives of the same plant at a slightly different grow time. Just my two cents lol
That is a good idea! I was hoping to get a good picture of Marlin out of the net and tent before I cut any of her branches. Do you think I could cut away the net without messing up the scrog at this point? I have to get a good picture of my first girls. Especially since I probably won’t do another scrog for a loong while.

it’s like smoking air
Oh yeah, that is what I need! My throat is being weird and I need some smoothness! I’m planning to do a long cure, but I’m not too familiar with the turkey bag method. I think I saw @Preston9mm using one too? Do you guys possibly have a link for me, please? I bought some quart canning jars that I was planning to cure in, but that was the only style I read about so far.

I don’t have a link for it. @Derbybud is the one that explained it to me. But I dry my buds in paper bags in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. Then in the turkey bag. A lot easier to burp one bag than a bunch of jars. Plus I think you retain more terpenes. Someone correct me if that’s wrong.

Nice! That sounds a lot easier. I won’t be able to do the fridge dry this time around because I’ll have some houseguests the week after chop day. But I’ll be checking that out for next time! Thank you Mr. Magoo and Derby!

Looks great girl! Those look ready to me:) your in good hands with all of these masters! I’ve done Derbs method and I always start the cure in turkey bags now.
Made me giggle, thanks @Mr. Magoo @InTheShed :laugh:

It's confusing reading all of the pro vs. anti regarding both defoliation and flushing... a beginner like me doesn't know what to believe. I was planning on flushing but now I'm not so sure? HELP A GIRL OUTo_O Linked my grow, don't want to hijack your thread @Heavenly Hybrid I hope you don't mind!
The only true way to know for sure is to try both and decide what you like best. I was overwhelmed with all the info at first so tried both washed and unwashed -I prefer washed. I’ve tried flush or no flush -I don’t flush now because there was no noticeable difference in the smoke. I guess what I’m saying is there is no wrong answer just what you prefer once you’ve tried both ways :D

Lol, what newty said. Just know that you've done an excellent job and your buds are going to be great. I like Dutch's point about doing a harvest in stages but I've never tried it. I've never tried the paper bag in the fridge method either. That ones pict my interest. Hope you've had a great day HH :)

Lol, what newty said. Just know that you've done an excellent job and your buds are going to be great. I like Dutch's point about doing a harvest in stages but I've never tried it. I've never tried the paper bag in the fridge method either. That ones pict my interest. Hope you've had a great day HH :)
Thank you so much Professor! I have so many things I want to try too, I love this site. So many great people with great ideas. I hope your day is great too! :high-five:

Thank you so much Professor! I have so many things I want to try too, I love this site. So many great people with great ideas. I hope your day is great too! :high-five:
I love this site to. It actually makes me smile. For too many years there were no smiles, then I learnt to grow and eventually got the courage to sign up to this amazing site. Now there are many smiles! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Here is a link on the Low and Slow Drying Method some good info tucked in there. I think I linked to sweet sues break down of the process.
Thank you so much! I’m curious if it smells in the fridge? I have some houseguests to kind of hide it from. I have an old mini fridge, maybe that would work? It’s pretty small though.
I love this site to. It actually makes me smile. For too many years there were no smiles, then I learnt to grow and eventually got the courage to sign up to this amazing site. Now there are many smiles! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Me too, my friend :):):) me too! :):)

It definitely smells when I open the fridge. I have a small mini fridge in my room. It doesn’t get opened unless the coast is clear. Haha
That may be what I’ll do. My seeds are in there already. :D Thanks for all the info!

No problem. Glad I can help with something. I feel like I’m always taking in everything I can from all the people here. This place is great. If I have an issue there is an army of people who want to help because they want us all to succeed. Not a lot of places out there like this I’m pretty sure!

No problem. Glad I can help with something. I feel like I’m always taking in everything I can from all the people here. This place is great. If I have an issue there is an army of people who want to help because they want us all to succeed. Not a lot of places out there like this I’m pretty sure!

You are so right! I feel so much more equipped to make a good decision with the input I get from everyone here. I used to be on Facebook all the time, but since I started growing and joined this forum, I’d much rather be here! I’m much happier talking about something I love with people who share that love, rather than all that social media negativity! :D

Hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween!
on a serious note, the tent is smelling so good you guys. I know I’m not the first to suggest needing some smell-a-vision on here. It’s getting so hard to resist temptation, but the countdown is on! Nov 7 or sooner, if they just happen to be ready before then. Marlin has new pistils on only 2 or 3 buds, Nemo has lots of new, white hair-don’t care, no surprise since she’s been behind the whole time, but I’m hoping the ‘earlier’ harvest on Nemo will give me some giggle weed. 6 days to go!
It’s hard to get pictures that show some the true size of the girls, pictures can be so deceiving. But I try.

Nice pumpkins HH! I stopped carving when the kids couldn't be bothered to help :). Plants look great and I'm sure your hands were stinky after holding the buds for the pics! Oh, the tennis ball...is there a dog around as well?
Haha, indeed there is, but she doesn’t get tennis balls. That’s for me to lay on to help my aching neck and shoulder issues. Lmao, I didn’t know what else to use for universal sizing, I haven’t won me a fancy 420 lighter yet! :laugh: Maybe someday :D
My kids are still little, so minimal help, but my hubs gets pretty into it still. I’m glad he does, I don’t have the energy for it! And oh my, they were so sticky! I’m chomping at the bit every day!!

Back
Top Bottom