Heavenly Hybrid 1st Grow: Mango Kush Indoor LED ScrOG Grow 2018

Congrats on your first harvest! Looks great :thumb:.

For the "next time" file: don't use hot water. Warm is best. Hot will melt the trichomes. Don't know how hot your tap water gets but mine is way too hot for washing buds.
Thanks Shed, noted for Nemo. Hopefully it wasn’t too hot! I have little ones, so I make sure it can’t run scalding hot ever. Lol, I had my hands in it, and I’m pretty wussy :D. How hot is too hot for those precious trichomes? After all that work growing em I don’t want them to go out like that!

That plant looks killer. I wish I was able to do a scrog with my MK because your buds look fantastic. Please give me a smoke report when it's ready, I'm still at least a few weeks behind.

I sure will SD and thank you my MK brotha!! I liked doing the scrog, but it sure took a lot longer to grow it out that way. I’m looking at Asesino85 quadlining for one of my next adventures. A lot less time in veg with similar results.

I was overwhelmed with all the info at first so tried both washed and unwashed -I prefer washed.
Thank you for your input Newty! I'm definitely considering doing a budwash since so many people recommend it! :D

Mango Kush, first grow, first cut
Huge congratulations on your first harvest! I'm not far behind and I'm jealous you got to chop one of yours :yummy:

Huge congratulations on your first harvest! I'm not far behind and I'm jealous you got to chop one of yours :yummy:
Thank you! It’s been very exciting and soon I’ll be twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do! :D You’re not far behind and I’m so excited for you. It was hard for me to be patient, but you’re so close!!

A beautifully trained plant. Well done! :goodjob:
Thank you my friend! I learned a lot along the way, but I’m pretty happy with my first babies.

Very beautiful harvest girly:bravo:

Glad the wash went well!

I have been reading the thread about bud washing (thank you again to @Amy Gardner!) and it brought up an old memory. I’ve always had a strong dislike for the taste of weed in my food. I’ve made cannabutter a handful of times and whenever I made something with it, I would choke it down, barely chewing and then wash it down with a drink to mask the flavor. (Say what you will, I just don’t like it) We had been smoking with an old school vaporizer and I read that you could use the poo to make butter, so I saved it. I probably had 1/2 to maybe 2/3 of a ziplock sandwich bag’s worth of poo and stems. I also read that soaking it would help reduce the flavor, but of course, I was worried about losing potency in this, already used bud. What did we have to lose? I mean, it was poo! I used the poo, stems and about a $20 sack of fresh nugs and I soaked it overnight in a little cup of water. The next day I cooked it low and slow and then used it to made strawberry financiers for a party. They were the best tasting treat I had ever eaten, let alone made myself! (This was before medical cards and dispensaries were a thing). They were so good and a good solid buzz off of poo! Lol, I had to warn a couple people who usually don’t smoke much, they were eating too many just because they tasted good. Sorry for the braggy sounding story, but it really was the best butter I had ever made. I haven’t made butter myself since, but reading about bud washing helped me remember that story and helps me confirm to myself that washing the buds will not make it lose potency. I will 100% be washing my harvest. Count down - 5 days to go (or less). :D
#awesomesauce

I’m hungry for a snack now!! :laugh:
My dad soaks his buds before infusing to get rid of the taste and I’ve never heard of another person doing that #neato

I’m hungry for a snack now!! :laugh:
My dad soaks his buds before infusing to get rid of the taste and I’ve never heard of another person doing that #neato

Haha, time for a study snack!! I only did it that one time, but I’ll do it again when I make butter soon. I’m high maintenance like that. :laugh: Thanks for the props, round two harvest coming soon!
A81CA4A2-E629-441F-8C91-B13ED0A5EE76.jpeg

Great harvest Heavenly!! Congrats!

Those branches look nice and frosty so I sure the won’t disappoint ! It’s a great feeling getting to harvest your first girl isn’t it! Great job and keep up the green work!
Thank you Dutch! It was sticky work and all I did was cut the non-frosty parts, lol. I’ll be doing a clean up trim later today, so I’ll be sure to glove up for that. It feels damn good and now I’m preparing myself to be bored :laugh::laugh:

Time to drop more beans! The party never had to stop ! Perpetual here you come :rofl:

That’s my goal to start up next year !
I know it! I’ve been wanting to do it for a couple weeks now. Two things made me wait - 1st, I discovered that I originally misread the laws for my state! :eek: I thought I could have up to 4, but upon rereading, I’m not allowed to have any! My husband just went and got his medical card yesterday, so now I’m all good again. We can grow up to 15 now I think, not that I’d have that many, but paving the way to perpetual growing in the future!! Yes! :cool:
2nd I’m supposed to have a surgery coming up (although I’m getting sick, so that better not mess that up!) and I’m not sure if I can dedicate myself to it for the couple weeks afterwards. But I tell you, I’m counting down until then for sure! I have some blackberry kush seeds on deck. :D

Ahahahahahahaha I like your style :cool:
Lol, thanks. I’m nothing but a #newtywannabe ;)

I don't know the temperature but as I recall the original bud wash thread said "warm." I would put that around 80º. Personally I use the water straight out of the the hose!
Good to know, I’ll keep it just warm. Thanks Shed, you’re a wealth of knowledge, as always!

Mini update. I did a clean up trim on Sunday and I sure felt like I had no clue what I was doing! I just trimmed the sugar leaves down to make it more uniformly shaped, but my rookieness was in full effect. Hopefully I did ok. It took forever, maybe it just felt that way because I’m sick? But now I am dreading harvesting Nemo a little. I might have my hubby-babe do it for me. The smell is SO strong, I can barely handle it. Like a strong musky piney smell. My nose is off for sure. I wish I wasn’t sick so I could enjoy this process a little more! Ok, enough belly aching. I checked on the drying buds and they’re dry (and sticky) to the touch, but the small buds aren’t snapping off without strings, so I’ll leave them hanging longer, maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to jar them up and start the curing process. So far so good!

I hope you saved the sugar trim! Lots of trichomes on there for edibles or topical oil...or even grinding and smoking :).
I did! How should I dry it? It’s just sitting in a big bowl in the closet right now. Also, do you happen to have any info for long term storage, appx 1 year, maybe longer? (For a friend)

Nice harvest! Can’t wait to see the next round. Will it be in this journal still?
Thanks Ase! Yes, they are both the same grow, just one was growing behind the other, so I let her go a bit longer. Plus I was getting super impatient! :D

Back
Top Bottom