Hello from Halifax

Good to see a fellow Nova Scotian here. Steve's Hydroponics in Sackville is the best source for equipment, and knowledge. Those guys are awesome! All of them are experienced pot growers and know their stuff.

Right. One thing I am confused about is the 4 plant rule. Does that mean 4 female plants or 4 in general? You may need to grow a few in order to have 4 viable bud producing females. Ive asked around and nobody seems to know. Even the RCMP are confused about that question (Yeah I asked one). And the penalties here in N.S are pretty brutal $$$$.

hiya amber.
don't ask the cops.
it's 4 plants total, regardless of plant sex.
buy feminized seed.

it is technically illegal to buy seed or clones from anyone other than an approved licensed producer from your home province. don't worry about that so much for now as there are few if any provincial LPs geared up to be able to sell seed or clones at the moment.

hiya amber.
don't ask the cops.
it's 4 plants total, regardless of plant sex.
buy feminized seed.

it is technically illegal to buy seed or clones from anyone other than an approved licensed producer from your home province. don't worry about that so much for now as there are few if any provincial LPs geared up to be able to sell seed or clones at the moment.
Well the cops I know personally so no worries there. It does seem not completely thought out with the home grow rules and the Liquor store purchase. I guess you can buy up 30 grams? But also you can buy 80 bottles of Jack Daniels with no questions asked...LOL.

you can only have a total of 30 grams with you at any given moment in public. so that curbs the amount you can legally purchase to transport back to your residence.

you are allowed to store an unlimited amount within your residence.

btw there is an entire thread about all this stuff in the canadian sub forum

the restriction is in place to curb illegal sales. anyone caught with more than 30 grams in public is automatically charged with trafficking. fyi cannabis penalties under the new laws are loads harsher than the previous law. most in the industry refer to the new law as prohibition 2.0.

Right. One thing I am confused about is the 4 plant rule. Does that mean 4 female plants or 4 in general? You may need to grow a few in order to have 4 viable bud producing females. Ive asked around and nobody seems to know. Even the RCMP are confused about that question (Yeah I asked one). And the penalties here in N.S are pretty brutal $$$$.

I was under the impression that 4 plants per household is legal. Having said that, I just read that it's only legal if you grow from government approved beans purchased from the government. And I don't know of any that you can buy from the government at the moment.
Welcome to the site from northern Ontario.

Back
Top Bottom