Help in getting started for Grower Virgin

EagaBeavaGal

420 Member
Okay so I have a 120cm×120cm×200cm tent with a 600w hps bulb and hood set-up. I want to do a auto grow purely for a fast grow to get me some more investment stake money to reinvest into bigger and better. Energy consumption isn't a massive issue I'm more about the yield and length of time. Any advise is very very much appreciated....... So excited to have found this site, get involved, learn and receiving any advise anyone has to give!!!!!!! YAY HERE WE GO..... Hit me guys and gals.....:cheer::adore: Oh so I guess my main questions are what's the best strain for me and my set up, how many and in what size pots, what would be the best growing medium and basically a guide to getting started??? Thank you x xxx

Welcome. Well you can go a bunch of different routes. @Emilya is a solid soil grower and has tons of info. And @candycane is a coco grower like myself and she is quiet a talent as well. As for nutrients there is a wide span. I work with dry amendments but I can’t say they are the best nutrients out there. Lots of good info but definitely check out those two ladies. Good luck :passitleft:

Hi @EagaBeavaGal, love the name! Welcome to the forum!
I don't do autos so I really don't have a strain to recommend, but I will advise that as a beginner, anything over 5gal is going to be overkill for a fast growing auto, and you might want to consider how many 3 gal containers you can get under that hood's footprint. As far as nutrients go, I advise Megacrop, and you should send off for your free sample (that will get you through your first grow) today. Megacrop is a brand new science and I believe the modern best way to grow pot without a lot of experience or hassle. Using this nutrient in soil, pH is not an issue that you need to worry about, nor is the use of ordinary tap water. On your first couple of grows, you really want to eliminate some of the variables that could go wrong, as you learn the plants, and after long experience with many nutrient lines and grow methods, Megacrop in plain old hardware store potting soil, is the best advice I can give you. My second best advice is to read my watering guide, a sticky thread on this forum, for my best advice on how to properly water these plants.

Okay so I have a 120cm×120cm×200cm tent with a 600w hps bulb and hood set-up. I want to do a auto grow purely for a fast grow to get me some more investment stake money to reinvest into bigger and better. Energy consumption isn't a massive issue I'm more about the yield and length of time. Any advise is very very much appreciated....... So excited to have found this site, get involved, learn and receiving any advise anyone has to give!!!!!!! YAY HERE WE GO..... Hit me guys and gals.....:cheer::adore: Oh so I guess my main questions are what's the best strain for me and my set up, how many and in what size pots, what would be the best growing medium and basically a guide to getting started??? Thank you x xxx
You are in good hands with Emilya and the rest of the gang they have a vast amount of knowledge and I like Emilya's no nonsense approach and always keeping it real.

She said: 'YAY HERE WE GO..... Hit me guys and gals.....'

I would, but I've mislaid my Rhythm Stick of late so will you settle for a Welcome on in and a Glad you could make it?
I'm Mark, the resident forum problem child. I won't suggest a strain to grow....nor give you any problem, yer know.

If you do raise a good girls grow and maybe a grow journal too l hope you'll let me peek in from time to time.
I'm not actually kinky, but I do like watching girls grow.
Hit us with some girl-grow photos when yu're up an running, (but please turn off dem grow lights while you snap em)

Relax.....There's worse than me in here..............and some really top grade growers too.

I would, but I've mislaid my Rhythm Stick of late so will you settle for a Welcome on in and a Glad you could make it?
I'm Mark, the resident forum problem child. I won't suggest a strain to grow....nor give you any problem, yer know.

If you do raise a good girls grow and maybe a grow journal too l hope you'll let me peek in from time to time.
Hit us with some girl-grow photos when yu're up an running, (but please turn off dem grow lights while you snap em)

Relax.....There's worse than me in here..............and some really top grade growers too.

Pucka....:yahoo: x If there's more people like you on here then I'm glad I've found this site, climbed aboard and I think I'm gonna enjoy this wacky ride!!!! And I suppose I'm looking forward to learning bare valuable knowledge as well!!!! LOL xxx BONUS xxx

Hey @EagaBeavaGal , welcome to our wonderful community!

I would suggest:

1) Photoperiods instead of autoflowers since this is your first grow. Autoflowers are quick but typically require experience. Any deviation from health will cost you significant yield. Autoflowers are also lower quality than photoperiods by definition.

2) MegaCrop and order your free sample online. There are a lot of people here who will help you if you choose this.

3) 5 x 5 gallon fabric pots fit nicely in a 4' x 4' tent.

4) 25 gallons of Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Happy Frog soil - it's good quality and you don't need to feed for a few weeks.

5) A 5 seed package of Northern Lights - they are easy to grow, have good yield, good THC % and don't smell so much.

6) Let your plants grow naturally with just a bit of LST and topping.

7) Start a grow journal here.

8) Ask @Emilya to join your grow and monitor your progress.

9) Read @Emilya 's current journal as homework to prepare for success.

10) Assuming you do an average job growing, you can expect 600 W * 1.5 grams/W = 900 g = 32 oz = 2 pounds.

*** Hmmm, that seems a bit high. I usually use 1.5 grams/W for LEDs and the Wattage pull from the wall.

Alright let us know when you get your Grow Journal started so we can tag along and help!

Here's some basic theory on germination and seedlings to help get you going:

00.jpg
The Complete Guide To Germinating Cannabis Seeds

weightscale.jpg
How To Water Seedlings In A Solo Cup Of Soil

Hey @EagaBeavaGal , welcome to our wonderful community!

I would suggest:

1) Photoperiods instead of autoflowers since this is your first grow. Autoflowers are quick but typically require experience. Any deviation from health will cost you significant yield. Autoflowers are also lower quality than photoperiods by definition.

2) MegaCrop and order your free sample online. There are a lot of people here who will help you if you choose this.

3) 5 x 5 gallon fabric pots fit nicely in a 4' x 4' tent.

4) 25 gallons of Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Happy Frog soil - it's good quality and you don't need to feed for a few weeks.
5) A 5 seed package of Northern Lights - they are easy to grow, have good yield, good THC % and don't smell so much.

6) Let your plants grow naturally with just a bit of LST and topping.

7) Start a grow journal here.

8) Ask @Emilya to join your grow and monitor your progress.

9) Read @Emilya 's current journal as homework to prepare for success.

10) Assuming you do an average job growing, you can expect 600 W * 1.5 grams/W = 900 g = 32 oz = 2 pounds.

*** Hmmm, that seems a bit high. I usually use 1.5 grams/W for LEDs and the Wattage pull from the wall.

Alright let us know when you get your Grow Journal started so we can tag along and help!

Here's some basic theory on germination and seedlings to help get you going:

00.jpg
The Complete Guide To Germinating Cannabis Seeds

weightscale.jpg
How To Water Seedlings In A Solo Cup Of Soil
what is the seed to harvest time? That's why I was going to go with autos because of shorter time it takes.... lol xxxx EagaBeava by name..... and nature!!!! Lol xxx but seeriously I am kinda against the clock on this.....

what is the seed to harvest time? That's why I was going to go with autos because of shorter time it takes.... lol xxxx EagaBeava by name..... and nature!!!! Lol xxx but seeriously I am kinda against the clock on this.....

autos are more finicky overall, and problematic if you have not grown before, for a number of reasons.
plus meh if its production you like, before you have an understanding of them specific.

lots of advantages to photos for first time or weight growers.

if its the $$ to make and you are up against the clock, invest in pork futures. china is screwed and they are through the roof.

ok, my further advice is to start 10 fast autos in 3 gallon pots and that will easily fit in your 4x4. With the help you will get here, I doubt you will kill the majority of them, and with 10 plants you are going to get some good production right out of the gate, even if they end up being poor producers for some reason or another. I like to think positive, and help you succeed with your plan...not try to reinvent the wheel for you. If we can teach you to water properly, you should not have much trouble in 3 gallon containers on this fast grow.

ok, my further advice is to start 10 fast autos in 3 gallon pots and that will easily fit in your 4x4. With the help you will get here, I doubt you will kill the majority of them, and with 10 plants you are going to get some good production right out of the gate, even if they end up being poor producers for some reason or another. I like to think positive, and help you succeed with your plan...not try to reinvent the wheel for you. If we can teach you to water properly, you should not have much trouble in 3 gallon containers on this fast grow.

simple approach with promix or similar i can see for first time ... and the light is ok
but .. really .. autos going hard first time out ?

watering isn't a problem with you on board ..

not to discourage the OP. it's a tight ask as first run imo is all...

whatcha thinking ... @Emilya

ok re read :

Hi @EagaBeavaGal, love the name! Welcome to the forum!
I don't do autos so I really don't have a strain to recommend, but I will advise that as a beginner, anything over 5gal is going to be overkill for a fast growing auto, and you might want to consider how many 3 gal containers you can get under that hood's footprint. As far as nutrients go, I advise Megacrop, and you should send off for your free sample (that will get you through your first grow) today. Megacrop is a brand new science and I believe the modern best way to grow pot without a lot of experience or hassle. Using this nutrient in soil, pH is not an issue that you need to worry about, nor is the use of ordinary tap water. On your first couple of grows, you really want to eliminate some of the variables that could go wrong, as you learn the plants, and after long experience with many nutrient lines and grow methods, Megacrop in plain old hardware store potting soil, is the best advice I can give you. My second best advice is to read my watering guide, a sticky thread on this forum, for my best advice on how to properly water these plants.

... and i see it...

probably would still recommend at least 1 photo grow to learn the environment, nute, etc..

For Yield & THC:

Girl Scout Cookies Auto
Gorilla Glue Auto
Northern Lights Auto

For Pretty:

Dark Devil Auto

Have a great time with your grow!

PS: I like the 10 x 3 gallon fabric pots in a 4' x 4' tent!

Completely lovin you already and lovin your style!!!! :circle-of-love:

So I'm gonna take your advise and go with 9 autos and a photo for the sake of education or do you recommend 10 and 1 photo???? okay next big decision: what strains and where do you recommend buyin fr. 2 ship to UK? Would, say an OG Kush, seed be pretty much the same from 1 website to another??? Or am I just absolutely proovin how much I have to learn, just by asking that???? lol :rolleyes::rofl::reading420magazine:

So I'm gonna go with 5x5gallon smart pots under my 600w hps bulb but do I go for woven or non-woven smart pots? For my autos.... also are natural fibre peat free seed pellets ideal to start my autos in and then I'm assuming I just put that whole thing into the soil filled smart pot???

Back
Top Bottom