Hemp Art Journal

:smokin:I got to add this when a person wears my hemp It becomes part of the person,their body oils their sweat and their fore their pheromone their Chi a personal and even sexual bond.The coolest thing though was out of the 200-400 different people who picked the necklace they liked only 3 didn't fit the person who picked it.The odds of me randomly making different sized chokers and necklaces and them fitting perfectly over 300 times.And the few that didn't fit I had the trusty green hemp sack to fix the problem.Total Carma working.:grinjoint:

Sounds like a wonderful and successful day of bartering. Maybe that will be the new cannabis economy - encouraging creativity, gardening, building and the arts.:smokin: I must ask, how did you learn the trade?

No my Herb fellow friend,it was a wonderfully weekend located on a huge reservation,they had I think its called Marshall law to where cops couldn't come on the property short of a death.The place had big hells angles guys on quads to make sure nothing got out of hand.They searched every car before it entered and only cared about glass,pounds and pounds they would pick up smell compliment the person and put it back.Dozens of bands thousands of Heads from all over,and at night hundreds of drums all beating in unison.I experienced this Manny years and miss the hell out of it,3 days of crazy times I can imagine Woodstock was similar in many ways.
As far as how I learned was pretty cool me and my girlfriend at the time went to a fabric store to get fabric for a tapestry,in line waiting to pay I picked up this 2 page booklet on simple crafts.She pointed to it and jokingly said look you could do that.And I instantly thought of hemp.We went straight to the local head shop got a spool of hemp and a mushroom bead.Now the booklet didn't go past showing you how to do a square knot,but all and all thats all you need.The more complex things like the thick bracelet I had seen something similar only much thinner.I just multiplied by 3 for the bracelet(by 12 for a guitar strap that took close to150-200hours to finish)
And thanks Burnit it is a sturdy trusty sack maybe someday Roland A Duby aka Marijuana Man Origin of Marijuana Man could use it for the good of stoner's everywhere,and if he ever needed any adjustments to that hemp rope of hope I'd be glad to lend my services.
Now on to the journal I worked for hours last night but ran into manny problems.First was the hemp from sitting around for years has relaxed.This means the beads holes are too small for the thickness of the hemp,also all hemp can have burrs (thick bulges).I buy hemp from Romania because I find it of the highest quality,but because of aging I could never match the other side of the Disk Chocker I'm working on without chopping it and starting over.I'm going to try,then post pics and have you guys tell me if I should start over.:thedoubletake::loopy::bongrip:

I like your work very much. It's a shame you are not marketing your work. Perhaps down the track eh.

left_side_work.jpg

Left_side_work_right_side.jpg

Left_side_work_left_side.jpg

Left_side_work_left_side.jpg

Sorry no text with the pics up there^I must of jumped the gun.Ok it might not look like alot,but for 2 days now I,ve been fighting with the burrs to get the beads through,what you see on the left looks a little funky at the time.But when completed and worn the hemp will relax into a fine mesh and look good.:grinjoint:The burrs were caused by my haveing the hemp unspooled for years,and therefore relaxed.This never would of happened with new hemp,I would of started over but could not find the same hemp I started with.

I had a dream last night,and in that dream I awoke to a perfect world where the first thing I noticed was the sun.It was brighter in some way than it should.Then smelled the familiar smell of growing ganja,I opened the window and every square inch of my 4 acre yard was filled with ganja.I ran to the computer:nomo:to see if anybody at 420Magazine.com knew anything,and theirs Moose streaming live with his ninja cowl on and dozens of hemp necklaces looking a little like a stoner version of Mr T.He says where have you been Marijuana Man saved the day and taken the Vail from off the masses eyes.The plant is grown freely everywhere and now no one can be denyed their medicine.Then as fast as it had started it was over and once again just a fleeting dream.

Ok the crown(the part of jewerly where all of the beads are)is done.:clap:It looks a little funked up but due to the burrs it is the best I can do.You wont be able to see anything wrong when worn.I will show when finnished,the next pics will be of beads that I want to make something verry special with.:yikes::ciao:

Beads_and_Tools.jpg

Just as this picture was approved I was pulling the last knot on the chocker.:cheesygrinsmiley:It's the first finished piece I've done in years and considering everything I'm still very proud.I uploaded what it looks like done they should be up when their up.Sorry had to take a POTty Brake.OK the pic at the top is of the beads I want to use next,and some of my stoner hemp tools.I want to make a necklace like the one I wore,with at least 2 or 3 levels all hanging in unison.I would love some ideas as to what I could do that would be crazy unique.:grinjoint:

Just looking at this picture makes me want to share how I came across them.I had a buddy call me up out of the blue and says"You got an electronics degree don't you"I said yea and he told me about this cill job building Spectrometers and said I could start whenever I wanted.Now this was after I hadn't had a job in over ten years at the time because of the accident,but sounded pretty cool to me so I took the job.The owner of the place was involved with discovering the first lazer.In fact his first company was called CVI which stood for the roman numerals =106.And 106 was the wavelength of light they ran through ruby dust to get the first Lazer. The job entailed making the spectrometers from soldering the boards all the way to balancing the mirrors with a light source so the beam would bounce off 2 mirrors and then hit a grating.Crazy delicate work.Because no 2 mirrors are exact I had to in a dark clean room positon the mirrors perfectly then put a dab of black super glue(it had to be black so it wouldn't absorb any light)to keep the mirrors aimed at the grating.And alot more.One of the jobs I did we were subcontracted by NASA to make 12 of them,and I made all 12 by myself,1 might even be in space lol.:grinjoint:Imagine a stoner working for NASA ha ha.Anyway when I started they let me pick out what tools I wanted,and I had to get the hemostats with the curved tip for your smoking pleasure.Also the reverse tweezers are superb as roach clips.

I love hemp jewelry..those are awesome! :smokin:

keep up the good work1

Dank you,the pic of the chocker should be aproved pretty soon.Any idears as what to do with that shroom bead and others?:Rasta:

omg a shroom bead....I wish I could find something like that around here..

I was always good at making those thread bracelets...never got around to trying hemp though.

omg a shroom bead....I wish I could find something like that around here..

I was always good at making those thread bracelets...never got around to trying hemp though.
If you loook closely you can see a second shroom suspended in the glass at the bottom,it's the ants pants.:thedoubletake:

If you loook closely you can see a second shroom suspended in the glass at the bottom,it's the ants pants.:thedoubletake:

that bead is awesome looking...I like looking at beads when I go to craft places...just never see any like that

The quartz is gorgeous. Nice size, too. are you going to secure it in a base or secure it with your hemp?

Back
Top Bottom