Hermie?

just let it do its thing , seed bud can be smoked too . , turn off the fans if you can , when you do finish this grow make sure you spray down every where to kill the pollen

when you do start again get a journal up and running :)

Yep I have the fan shut down.
I will let everything run it's course but I am trying somethings.
One plant I am not doing anything to.
One plant I popping all the seed pods I can see/find
The third plant I trimmed everything under the canopy and see what happens.
And I brought the other plant in that I guess I am not going to do anything with either.

I think I will do a journal on my next grow.
Just need to pick some seeds out :thumb:

Bagseed can produce great bud and it can also just be cut from bad genetics.... My last grow had probably a total of 20 seeds in just over 2 oz's of harvested herb. 15 of those were undeveloped and tossed 5 were good seeds, and already growing me another generation less then a month after I have them. The seeds were all in the popcorn buds at the bottom, it was still killer dope and a great plant. since this produced so many seeds and issues maybe your next grow get some good seeds from a reputable breeder. I am going to see how this grow goes on to whether or not I get a 3rd generation from the bag seed. good Luck and do get a journal up for your next grow!! It looks like great bud, bummer on the pollination but the Professor will get you taken care of ur in good care there.

Bagseed can produce great bud and it can also just be cut from bad genetics.... My last grow had probably a total of 20 seeds in just over 2 oz's of harvested herb. 15 of those were undeveloped and tossed 5 were good seeds, and already growing me another generation less then a month after I have them. The seeds were all in the popcorn buds at the bottom, it was still killer dope and a great plant. since this produced so many seeds and issues maybe your next grow get some good seeds from a reputable breeder. I am going to see how this grow goes on to whether or not I get a 3rd generation from the bag seed. good Luck and do get a journal up for your next grow!! It looks like great bud, bummer on the pollination but the Professor will get you taken care of ur in good care there.

Hi PTSD,
It has been disappointing because they were doing so good for the most part.
I have been looking at sponsors here and will most likely order soon.
And I am going to do the journal for sure.

Hey Ruthy, you may want to think WHAT caused them to hermie? Did you have a light leak somewhere, or do your lights not turn on/off consistently?

I'm interested to see what comes of your popping the forming seeds. It may make the plant focus more of that energy on bud growth?

Hey JoJo, I have been thinking about that a lot and as far as I know everything was working perfect.
Lights would always be on right after I got up and went off right after my dinner.
My tent is in a room that is totally dark and before I put the plants in the tent I went inside and closed everything up with the light on in the room and there was a few tiny leaks on the zipper but the room light was never turned on during lights out.

I spoke with my friend who got the bag for me in the first place (I didn't tell her I am growing, really no one but one friend) and I did ask her about the seeds in there and she said that her husband grew it and all of their plants had seeds. I didn't really want to ask a bunch of questions so I just said bummer. So I think/HOPE that these seeds were just bad genetics and I didn't cause this :scratchinghead:

Now as far as popping the seeds it seems to be working pretty good.
I have spent a lot of time on my one main plant on the main buds and they are looking pretty good, ill post pics in a few days.
I actually started to do it on the others as well because if this works then I will feel much better :circle-of-love:

On another note my one plant that I flushed and transplanted is not doing so well, a lot of yellowing leaves.

still cant tell , have a look at this :)

m_and_f6.gif

Ok read this thread, as a new grower I'm learning a lot. Trying to avoid what Ruthy is going through and bought feminized seeds. Is this pretty good insurance against having hermie problems; assuming a tight grow environment? In short, is using feminized seeds a guarantee that you're have a good grow?

Yeah, Ruthy has it rough! Technically feminized seeds are the products of a hermied plant, but usually breeders choose strong females which don't hermie easily. Ruthy grew from bagseed, which, when it has seeds in it, was probably pollinated by another stressed female accidentally. Therefore, bagseed SHOULD be more likely to hermie than feminized seeds. A lot of people have luck with feminized seeds, so you should be fine!

best i have, dont have a great camera

Looks like normal, mature growth to me. Cannibus clones from mature mothers will act like fully-grown mothers, and grow alternately like these pics. They look too young to be going hermie. Just watch what emerges from the nodes.

Back
Top Bottom