Hey guys how do my autos look for 16 days?

Much smaller scale but i have bar vs board in my two tents.I feel my board light does thave the edge
in penetration on an uneven canopy.But the bar is much cooler to touch and grow space. But right high
right canopy not much in it tbh.And as the bar is cooler i can get it alot closer.Sorry to high jack just
what I have noticed. and WOW what a setup envy..... :cool:
All good mate. All are welcome in my space especially with constructive knowledge put into comments. Im fascinated in the modern day style of growing indoors now and I'm loving learning about lighting, air flow, different substrates and hydroponics . I really want to learn more about dwc and give it a crack . But I want to make sure I have the correct game plan before even attempting it. Would really piss me off to get half way through a grow in dwc and find all sorts of problems that cause yields to be pathetic . Especially when I can grow in soil and avoid all of the problems that come with dwc

I hear you.Drippers hydro etc and i just came back to what works for me coco.But i do have a 2nd small tent
to play with now.And like u plan on trying to setup something up for me its my holidays.Not a fan of other people
feeding my ladies.Will be watching this grow with space envy :cool:
All good mate. All are welcome in my space especially with constructive knowledge put into comments. Im fascinated in the modern day style of growing indoors now and I'm loving learning about lighting, air flow, different substrates and hydroponics . I really want to learn more about dwc and give it a crack . But I want to make sure I have the correct game plan before even attempting it. Would really piss me off to get half way through a grow in dwc and find all sorts of problems that cause yields to be pathetic . Especially when I can grow in soil and avoid all of the problems that come with dwc

I hear you.Drippers hydro etc and i just came back to what works for me coco.But i do have a 2nd small tent
to play with now.And like u plan on trying to setup something up for me its my holidays.Not a fan of other people
feeding my ladies.Will be watching this grow with space envy :cool:
I want to try coco next maybe you can give me some pointers about what nutes and different types of coco to grow with. Seems to be slightly higher yields with coco than soil. And density is a little better . I just say it will be hard to change from soil as I have it down and can almost get the same yield and quality in soil as most get from coco. When I compare my autos to others growing in coco , mine are bigger than 90% of coco growers .
I literally want to try something different that's all

Knowledge is power , coco some say me being one is much more forgiving than soil get it wrong dont take
long to put it right.I always use bigger pots also in coco so i dont have to water as much as unlke soil it does
not hold on to that water as much. As for my coco 60/40 clay pebbles but my first pot always 70/30 perlite
nothing pre charged.But you cant beat mother earth taste wise.

Knowledge is power , coco some say me being one is much more forgiving than soil get it wrong dont take
long to put it right.I always use bigger pots also in coco so i dont have to water as much as unlke soil it does
not hold on to that water as much. As for my coco 60/40 clay pebbles but my first pot always 70/30 perlite
nothing pre charged.But you cant beat mother earth taste wise.
Do you find coco makes buds as dense as dwc? And do you just use coco a and b for nutes or do you add a calmag when they are blooming ? Or any other nutes when blooming or vegging ?

A/B right from the off clones , few days seeds.Booster in bloom recommended levels , silcon 1ml to L once aweek till 5 week of flower.0.5 calmag to the L from the start. Its a strain thing / light if u ask me the buds being dense.Sometimes when i have freebees a finishing product but i dont run out and buy like i need it the boost does the trick for me.I could
mix something up molasse based but i just lazy.Only time i dont get nice dence buds is when i let the light or plant
get to close or its a strain thing If i manage the canopy right.

PS. rooting nutes to until flower recommended levels unless i see issues all uk nutes shogun.

nothing pre charged.But you cant beat mother earth

A/B right from the off clones , few days seeds.Booster in bloom recommended levels , silcon 1ml to L once aweek till 5 week of flower.0.5 calmag to the L from the start. Its a strain thing / light if u ask me the buds being dense.Sometimes when i have freebees a finishing product but i dont run out and buy like i need it the boost does the trick for me.I could
mix something up molasse based but i just lazy.Only time i dont get nice dence buds is when i let the light or plant
get to close or its a strain thing If i manage the canopy right.

PS. rooting nutes to until flower recommended levels unless i see issues all uk nutes shogun.
Which root booster do you use ?

I Use the active boost if I use a tank it mixes better I also hand feed right now.

As i am a old kung fu flim fan those dubbed ones i was sold just on the name its not the best on the market but price
wise i cant moan at all.Also take alook at barneys critical range if you want dense buds.
3825126B-0E31-4C58-A052-65E07172AD31.jpeg

Feeding less often in larger pots kind of defeats the purpose of using Coco. You should feed at least twice per day till run off. Every time you feed you flush out the salts, supply fresh nutes, & add oxygen to the roots to promote vigorous growth. Feed twice per day no matter what size pot & 3 times per day in Flower. Never feed just water in Coco & pH nutes to 5.8.
Coco is a bitch if you are feeding more then 4 - 5 plants by hand. Been there done that. If I were to grow in Coco again I'd use Auto-Pots with Air Domes.

Well Crapola ! Just noticed my Coco Journal is not in my Sig. I'll have to find & add it.

Anyway, about the light. I haven't done a complete grow with it yet to know how it does. I mainly bought it for the even spread. I haven't compared the PAR charts either so can't answer that. I guess I'll know more after this grow.
I would think the 800 watt 10- Bar would do as well as a 640 watt Quantum Board. It's a 5 x 5 tent. Fixing to add my portable AC to it soon so 9 plants is going to be tight even in 3 gal. pots.

I feed once a day to run of , if i had the time i would feed twice aday. The results prob not the best but thats
what time i can offer MY ladies and dont run into many problems Washing away the salts once aday.
Feeding less often in larger pots kind of defeats the purpose of using Coco. You should feed at least twice per day till run off. Every time you feed you flush out the salts, supply fresh nutes, & add oxygen to the roots to promote vigorous growth. Feed twice per day no matter what size pot & 3 times per day in Flower. Never feed just water in Coco & pH nutes to 5.8.
Coco is a bitch if you are feeding more then 4 - 5 plants by hand. Been there done that. If I were to grow in Coco again I'd use Auto-Pots with Air Domes.

So if you don't grow in coco now what substrate are you growing in ?

I use Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil. I like to keep things as easy & simple as possible. I'd rather feed once every 2 - 3 days then twice per day. I don't want to constantly be checking pH, water temp, etc. with DWC or Hydro. I did not find the little extra yield was worth the effort. I can grow 1 extra plant in soil without all the headaches & still get the same yield.

Back
Top Bottom