Hey peeps

Dylanbjjr

420 Member
Hi my name is Dylan ( pronounced Die-lin) and I'm a new grower. Well this is my second grow, but my first grow I did witH MIRICLE GRO. So yeah, new grower.

Right now, i'ma bout 6 weeks into a DWC grow of Black Lime Reserve Bukakke from Black Market Breeders in Oregon. I came up on a random vile with some grow equipment I got and thought, "why not let's see what happens". The breeder says it's "Black Lime Reserve 5 that accidentally got hit bukakke style by 5 breeder males in my Subrosas garden several years ago. The males were Yabba Dabba Diesel, 88g13/HP, Reptilian OG, Pride of Afghanistan, and Cherry Bomb!"

So yeah, should be good. Lol
I'm using a 110 W LED and 1000W MH AND HPS bulbs. That's probably why some of these leaves have like 13 fingers. Lol.
I'm using Foxfarm nutrients.
6 air pumps in 5 gallons of water.
Two fans. One fan has a tank to put water and ice for extra cooling.
I'm in AZ so Temps get kinda high, at max 90 degrees in tent.
Got some Hydroguard in the mix to stop Root Rot.
And because these are regular seeds and this is like a test run for me. I have 4 plants in this one container. Lol
But here my babies.

5CFDFEE8-1E70-4F1B-92EB-54F492C9E275.jpeg

7D0813E7-1C3A-40A6-8741-A405A09AC8F4.jpeg

6D2E75D7-0010-4A5F-BBBA-2FB8C65C8FAB.jpeg

1E7103CE-C748-441E-86A4-CE888A8C1417.jpeg

Hey there neighbor. Looks like things are going OK to me. Yes Temps & Humidity can be a pain to control in AZ. Hot & dry most the time so a Humidifier is necessary & a portable AC & Dehumidifier sure help a lot. I use all 3. If you are in the Phoenix area I can tell you a discount store to get these things cheap. I bought brand new 50 pint dehumidifiers there for $10. Only thing is they are missing the remote control (Big Deal).
I wont advise on DWC as I only did one grow that way & decided it wasn't for me. I'm a soil grower because I'm kind of a lazy grower who likes to keep it simple & not have to dedicate so much time to it. Not as big of yields in soil; but a lot less work.

Hey there neighbor. Looks like things are going OK to me. Yes Temps & Humidity can be a pain to control in AZ. Hot & dry most the time so a Humidifier is necessary & a portable AC & Dehumidifier sure help a lot. I use all 3. If you are in the Phoenix area I can tell you a discount store to get these things cheap. I bought brand new 50 pint dehumidifiers there for $10. Only thing is they are missing the remote control (Big Deal).
I wont advise on DWC as I only did one grow that way & decided it wasn't for me. I'm a soil grower because I'm kind of a lazy grower who likes to keep it simple & not have to dedicate so much time to it. Not as big of yields in soil; but a lot less work.
And you know, I was going to do soil. But I came up on a free tent with tubing, stones, air pumps, water pump with that top feed device, hydroton. I couldn't resist.. Lol. And yeah a dehumidifier at times would be good. I get a fairly high humidity reading in the tent most time. It's never dropped below 45. Maybe monsoon season is blessing me. Lol. But with this grow, I'm definitely testing the waters because You know how regular seeds are. ( Although these all look like females.) Next grow, I can pick between these femenized seeds I got. The White OG. Gelat.OG. Peyote Zkittles. Or White Widow. What should I go with next grow? I know some strains are more heat resistant than others.

And you know, I was going to do soil. But I came up on a free tent with tubing, stones, air pumps, water pump with that top feed device, hydroton. I couldn't resist.. Lol. And yeah a dehumidifier at times would be good. I get a fairly high humidity reading in the tent most time. It's never dropped below 45. Maybe monsoon season is blessing me. Lol. But with this grow, I'm definitely testing the waters because You know how regular seeds are. ( Although these all look like females.) Next grow, I can pick between these femenized seeds I got. The White OG. Gelat.OG. Peyote Zkittles. Or White Widow. What should I go with next grow? I know some strains are more heat resistant than others.
All good strains... but White Widow is a fav of mine. I have one growing now. As far as Humidity goes.... you want high humidity during veg (60% - 70%). During Flower you want 30% - 40%. I had the same issue of RH staying between 45% - 55% so I bought the Humidifier & dehumidifier & things work perfect now. I grow in a 4x8 tent so I keep my AC, Dehum. & Hum. in my tent. Leaves me with a 4'x6' grow area.
High temps make for loose fluffy buds so I try to keep my temps at 77F. You can get away with 80F during Veg; but want it lower during flower to get compact buds. If you grow a strain that's colorful lowering the temp to 68F during lights out while in flower will bring the colors out.
DWC / Hydro is great if you have the time to devote to it. Just a lot of work keeping pH & water temps correct all the time & res changes were a PITA for me as I did it all by hand. I just don't have enough time to do that twice a day. With soil I feed every 2-3 days & let it do it's thing.

Welcome to :420: @Dylanbjjr . Nice look girls you got going so far.

All good strains... but White Widow is a fav of mine. I have one growing now. As far as Humidity goes.... you want high humidity during veg (60% - 70%). During Flower you want 30% - 40%. I had the same issue of RH staying between 45% - 55% so I bought the Humidifier & dehumidifier & things work perfect now. I grow in a 4x8 tent so I keep my AC, Dehum. & Hum. in my tent. Leaves me with a 4'x6' grow area.
High temps make for loose fluffy buds so I try to keep my temps at 77F. You can get away with 80F during Veg; but want it lower during flower to get compact buds. If you grow a strain that's colorful lowering the temp to 68F during lights out while in flower will bring the colors out.
DWC / Hydro is great if you have the time to devote to it. Just a lot of work keeping pH & water temps correct all the time & res changes were a PITA for me as I did it all by hand. I just don't have enough time to do that twice a day. With soil I feed every 2-3 days & let it do it's thing.
Yeah I'm hoping it ends well. I haven't been keeping an eye on water temps like I should be. I did have a problem with light leaks and root rot. So I upped my hydroguard and put a black blanket over the resovior. Seems to be working good. Water feels cool everytime I come in contact with it. The hydroguard does give me a little leeway with water Temps. And so far man, this DWC has been low maintenance for me. I did make the mistake of switching the resovior out during the first weeks, before roots could mature. Roots were ugly after that. But I'm learning lol. I been having to do a weekly replacement and I top it off every 2-3 days. But I may go the coco coir route next if anything. And definitely 2 plants for my next set up . Cause it's a little crowded.

Man I'm hoping they some ladies. Looking good so far. That's why I planted 4 of these bad boys. Lol. So much foliage, it's hard to identify preflowers.
Well for now, as far as anyone's concerned, they're female haha.

I did coco too.... lol. Sounds like we have something in common.... try everything out once & see what we like. I've settled on soil, but still try different training & doing my 1st SCROG grow now. Messing with nute calculations some too.
Coco is complicated. Learned that the hard way

I did coco too.... lol. Sounds like we have something in common.... try everything out once & see what we like. I've settled on soil, but still try different training & doing my 1st SCROG grow now. Messing with nute calculations s
I did coco too.... lol. Sounds like we have something in common.... try everything out once & see what we like. I've settled on soil, but still try different training & doing my 1st SCROG grow now. Messing with nute calculations some too.
Yeah I'll definitely do another soil grow. No Miracle GRO this time.lol. And I got all this coco coir I bought a while back still sitting in a brick. Maybe I'll plant some orchids or something. Idk. Lol

Yeah I'll definitely do another soil grow. No Miracle GRO this time.lol. And I got all this coco coir I bought a while back still sitting in a brick. Maybe I'll plant some orchids or something. Idk.
Well for now, as far as anyone's concerned, they're female haha.
Ayyye, facts. Lol. But yeah I honestly think I got a 4 for 4. No wendys.

Yeah I'll definitely do another soil grow. No Miracle GRO this time.lol. And I got all this coco coir I bought a while back still sitting in a brick. Maybe I'll plant some orchids or something. Idk. Lol
My 1st grow was in Miracle Grow from Home Depot. I got a terrible gnat infestation from it. Now I only use Fox Farms Ocean Forest. No problems since.

My 1st grow was in Miracle Grow from Home Depot. I got a terrible gnat infestation from it. Now I only use Fox Farms Ocean Forest. No problems since.
And that's the exact soil I would use. And man, I used that Miracle GRO. Thought I had females but they were males. And the pollens had me and my gf sneezing for a week. Lol.

Coco is somewhat complicated because there's no nutes in it. It's treated like hydro with a 5.8 pH for your nutes. You never let coco dry out & never use plain water. Nutrients every feed. Better to feed twice per day in veg & 3 times per day in flower. Reason being is every time you feed you also supply fresh oxygen to the roots. Coco is also a Cal Mag hog. Uses a lot; especially with LED grows during flower. These are a few things I can think of off the top of my head.

Ayye but at least you're out here spreading knowledge til then. When you start back up, your yields Finna be lit just off the karma. Lol
Likely never grow again. I quit smoking to get my commercial drivers licence. That and after I gave up on growing, I sold my setup. Now I 3d design stuff for grow tents.

Coco is somewhat complicated because there's no nutes in it. It's treated like hydro with a 5.8 pH for your nutes. You never let coco dry out & never use plain water. Nutrients every feed. Better to feed twice per day in veg & 3 times per day in flower. Reason being is every time you feed you also supply fresh oxygen to the roots. Coco is also a Cal Mag hog. Uses a lot; especially with LED grows during flower. These are a few things I can think of off the top of my head.
The only reason I would even attempt it is because I got these nutrients. Lol. They just been sitting here too. And they're from General Hydroponics, and I hear good things about them..lol. So maybe it wouldnt be too bad. But yeah, the maintenance..gotta stay up on it more than soil.

F6E8EF8B-6A82-4956-8006-BA1E6DFF3DFA.jpeg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Dylanbjjr
Nice looking lady you have there.

You should start a grow journal so we can follow along.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter of contest.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Back
Top Bottom