Homemade rosin THC content

SammyJankis

The only hair straightener I could find with somewhat good temp starts at 120°C (248°F). How many seconds should I press for and what precentage will the rosin have if I press a bud with say 20% THC?

Cannabis with 20% THC content is by weight. So 1g of 20% THC content cannabis will have .2g of THC. The other 80% of the weight comes from other compounds but mostly vegetable matter or organic matter of the bud. Extracts are nearly pure and depends on the quality you are able to achieve. Extracts can be nearly 100% THC by weight. Decarboxylating is usually done when using extracts for edibles. When extracts are smoked or vaped there is no need to decarb before extracting as the combustion of the bud is decarboxylating it. Decarbing converts THCA which is inactive into THC which is psychoactive.

I'm no expert on Rosin, but no, I don't think so
When you say loss, it just changes form into different cannabinoids as I understand it
@Bill284 might know - Bill?
@EZCalyx explained it better than I could.
When you use a straightener to press with lower temps produce a better product.
The higher the temp and longer you press the more plant matter you get.
30 seconds tops on medium.
Let us know how it turns out.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill :cool:

The only hair straightener I could find with somewhat good temp starts at 120°C (248°F). How many seconds should I press for and what precentage will the rosin have if I press a bud with say 20% THC?
I'm new here.
Is there a post on exactly how to use a straightener?

And what is the ideal temp?

If its too high, what happens?

Does the rosin stick to the parchment?

What do you do with the bud chip!?!

Thanks!!!

Is there a post on exactly how to use a straightener?
Do a search for hair straightener posted by Grandapa token
And what is the ideal temp?
Think around 225 f but don't press so you will have to find it in the thread Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!
If its too high, what happens?
Will burn it, make it dark & burn off some terpenes
Does the rosin stick to the parchment?
Put on an ice pack it will peel right off
What do you do with the bud chip!?!
Bud chip? what's left some will wash with alcohol or grind & add to baking

Back
Top Bottom