Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Thought I would comment on something you asked about over at Blue's place.

Cmh lights under a hood need the same kind of distance from the plant as an HPS. Those reflectors greatly increase the radiated heat. Our vertical setups don't radiate as directly and much of the heat gets spread around by the up blowing fan.

With low headspace I use cfl's for top light.

Thought I would comment on something you asked about over at Blue's place.

Cmh lights under a hood need the same kind of distance from the plant as an HPS. Those reflectors greatly increase the radiated heat. Our vertical setups don't radiate as directly and much of the heat gets spread around by the up blowing fan.

With low headspace I use cfl's for top light.

Yeah, I have a 2x4x4' tent... not really enough room for a productive vertical grow. I can get almost 300w of T5HO in there, but haven't seen enough T5 flowered grows to to think they'll work.

I know, I know... LEDs :Rasta:

Things are still crawling along in the crawl. Gnatrol knocked the gnats back pretty well. I'm just going to keep it up with every watering, and hope to break the cycle.

The ezcloner clones are just treading water, The roots that popped, stopped just as quickly. After the tent massacre, and the clones not looking so hot, I'll be down to Jacks and a Flo for the next phase.

They're rangey. I was hoping I'd have some more White Russians and Hawaiians, but that is looking iffy now, dang.

Anyway, Jack III is tightening up nicely.

DSC09326.jpg

DSC09327.jpg

DSC09329.jpg

DSC09331.jpg

DSC09333.jpg

These are the densest nugs I've gotten out of a Jack so far. Trichs look to be 20-30% amber. I'm waiting for around 50% for this one.

The White Russians are frosting, but seem to have stalled on the bulking. Trichs are 30-40% amber. I may go for a little more than 50% with one of them, for scientific purposes, of course :smokin:

DSC09335.jpg

DSC09336.jpg

DSC09341.jpg

DSC09338.jpg

DSC09340.jpg

DSC09342.jpg

DSC09344.jpg

DSC09345.jpg

DSC09343.jpg

I defoliated the Hawaiian at 21 days into flower. She didn't take so kindly to this, and kind of drew her brakes. She's frosting like crazy, but very, very, very slowly packing on the weight.

DSC09346.jpg

DSC09347.jpg

DSC09348.jpg

DSC09349.jpg

Flo, on the other hand, seems to love any and all attention. Defoliation just made her show off :yummy:

DSC09350.jpg

DSC09351.jpg

The T5/CDM Jacks are on cruise control, packing on tricks and bulk.

DSC09353.jpg

DSC09354.jpg

DSC09356.jpg

DSC09355.jpg

DSC09357.jpg

DSC09358.jpg

DSC09359.jpg

I've been soil drenching SSU for the past two weekends, it's hard to tell if it's doing much, but I'm not stopping yet :Rasta:

Everything left in the killing tent has either been repotted into 8l or 2l coco/dirt hempies. The AK48 is toast, along with all the White Russians, and Hawaiians., and the couple in the cloner are still looking pitiful.

I'm thinking of trying some circus tricks with the Jacks and Flo... just how many sativas can you cram into a wading pool??? :tokin:

Thanks for lookin!

Heigh Horse!

Sorry to hear about that poor ak you murdered :)

Mine is damn near indestructible I'm about to try flowering 7 more of them.

Well despite the gnat battles looks like you're headed for a great harvest. Hope you can get rid of those bastards once and for all. Really has made me leery of growing in soil at all, just the little bit I've used for the mini-hempies I've seen some bugs and they could be gnats. I have that sticky strip up there and there are several on it so I hope there aren't any more. Have you ever heard of them being in bags of coco?

That Jack looks awesome my friend, they all do. Won't be long now :lot-o-toke:

Heigh Horse!

Sorry to hear about that poor ak you murdered :)

Mine is damn near indestructible I'm about to try flowering 7 more of them.

Well despite the gnat battles looks like you're headed for a great harvest. Hope you can get rid of those bastards once and for all. Really has made me leery of growing in soil at all, just the little bit I've used for the mini-hempies I've seen some bugs and they could be gnats. I have that sticky strip up there and there are several on it so I hope there aren't any more. Have you ever heard of them being in bags of coco?

That Jack looks awesome my friend, they all do. Won't be long now :lot-o-toke:

Hay BlueDog, I first noticed gnats when I put molasses in straight perlite... I did have a bag of dirt down there then, but I've only got about a million other ways for them to get into the crawl.

I'm going to start flushing the end of this week :yummy:

High Horse, looking great in the crawl. J III is gettin fat and Flo looks like she wants to be all bud.:thumb:

Loads of trichs on everything. I'm gonna have to bring my next set of plants for a visit so they'll know what they should look like.

I replaced my Sticky Stiks a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen a gnat since. The powdered garlic flushed the last of them apparently and they ended up in the traps before they could breed.. Good luck knockin' em down.

:goodjob::peacetwo:

Yeah, I have a 2x4x4' tent... not really enough room for a productive vertical grow. I can get almost 300w of T5HO in there, but haven't seen enough T5 flowered grows to to think they'll work.

I know, I know... LEDs :Rasta:

I'm going to be throwing some clones under 192 watts of T5's in a 32"x32" tent to see what they can do.

I'm glad you got the gnats under control. You got some nice frosty plants in the crawl.

High Horse, looking great in the crawl. J III is gettin fat and Flo looks like she wants to be all bud.:thumb:

Loads of trichs on everything. I'm gonna have to bring my next set of plants for a visit so they'll know what they should look like.

I replaced my Sticky Stiks a couple of weeks ago and haven't seen a gnat since. The powdered garlic flushed the last of them apparently and they ended up in the traps before they could breed.. Good luck knockin' em down.

:goodjob::peacetwo:

Thanks Mick, your girls can play with my girls anytime :Rasta: Treat your next sweeties to some Snowstorm... it's better than diamonds ;)

I did the garlic thing, and now, along with the rosemary, clove, thyme and whatever in the EcoSmart... it smells like an Italian kitchen down there... who needs carbon filters? :yummy:

I'm going to be throwing some clones under 192 watts of T5's in a 32"x32" tent to see what they can do.

I'm glad you got the gnats under control. You got some nice frosty plants in the crawl.

Hay PBRMJ, I've since seen a couple of frosty finishes under T5s, I just chickened out ;)

Thanks Mick, your girls can play with my girls anytime :Rasta: Treat your next sweeties to some Snowstorm... it's better than diamonds ;)

I did the garlic thing, and now, along with the rosemary, clove, thyme and whatever in the EcoSmart... it smells like an Italian kitchen down there... who needs carbon filters? :yummy:

A little oil and you've got a nice salad. And it'll help your digestive system process the THC.

Horse. Try the t5s. Youll be suprised. Its nice because you can put them so close to the plants. Add soem side lighting and your sitting great. They definitely lack in the penetration, but in a short veg time sog they are awesome. Well see first hand after the first couple chops from my grow i guess

Yours is one of the grows I've been waiting on ;) I've also got to get the right plants, again... I'm going to try to re-veg the White Russians and the Hawaiian. They both seem to grow perfectly for a sog :thumb:

Weekly update!

Big Girls

DSC09362.jpg

Jack III, 82 days! I think she has til the end of next week. Her nugs are so tight that if she were outside, she'd be full of caterpillars or bud rot.

The difference with her and her forebearers is remarkable. No OC+, instead GH MaxiGrow, MaxiBloom, KoolBloom, and Snowstorm. Everything has gotten Sucanat, also, so I don't know if that's a viable variable.

Of course, the smoke will be the final test, but I'm hoping this one is the best so far.

DSC09366.jpg

DSC09363.jpg

DSC09369.jpg

White Rusky II 77 days

DSC09370.jpg

DSC09373.jpg

WR III 77 days

DSC09374.jpg

DSC09376.jpg

DSC09375.jpg

DSC09377.jpg

They've been slowly, slowly, and slowly filling in. The trich production is stellar in both looks and numbers. The purple is intensifying and spreading. These are going to be some fruity babes. :yummy:

Hawaiian 41 days. She has finally started to fill in. I want to try her with out defoliation sometime. Her trich production is pretty amazing, but she and Flo have had Snowstorm since they were flipped :morenutes:

DSC09379.jpg

DSC09380.jpg

DSC093831.jpg

Flo 42 days. Flo just keeps on flowin. I want to get some clones of her and Jack to a friend who'se an old time outdoor grower. I think these two would get BIG!

DSC093841.jpg

DSC09386.jpg

DSC09387.jpg

DSC09389.jpg

DSC09388.jpg

Little Jacks 77 days. Not nearly as tight as Jack III. I don't know if it was the T5s, or the CDM. They get the same feedings as Jack III. The CDM only draws 330w as opposed to the CHM at 400w. I'll try a full flower around her next time... might try to work out a vertical sog!?!

DSC09390.jpg

DSC09392.jpg

DSC09391.jpg

DSC09393.jpg

DSC09395.jpg

DSC09394.jpg

DSC09396.jpg

The veg tent is working hard to put out some thing to replace the girls under the sword of Damacles, but it looks like I may have to import some Jacks from my son's overflow.

Since losing all the clones of the Russians and Hawaiian, I was thinking of leaving a stump with some foliage after the chop, and revegging. Think that'll work? Any pointers? I'd really like to continue those two lines since they seem to grow perfectly for my space.

Thanks for lookin

Gonna be lots of fat bud Horse:thumb:
Snowstorm, eh. Seems to work just fine. Looking very frosty. Even the small Jacks are loaded with crystal. Great things happenin' in the crawl.

I'd definitely regen the Russian and Hawaiian. I'll have to check but I think it took just around a month for the first single leaves to show when I regenned my widow. Just leave sufficient foliage to keep the plants goin for a while, it didn't take a lot. I gave mine a couple of dark days to help with the switch.

:goodjob::thumb:

took a quick look back. page 48, post 719 in my 288w grow has a couple of pics of the regen with the first single leaf new growth.

Back
Top Bottom