Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

HorseBadoritz

High 420 folks. I'm Horse Badorties, name taken (and shortened to fit 420 parameters) from "the Fan Man," by William Kotzwinkle:
The Fan Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This will journal Round 2 in the crawlspace.

The pertinent stuff:

What strain is it? Starting out with one Jack Herer and one Jamaican bagseed.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? They both look to be leaning heavily towards the sativa side.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Just flipped to flower
If in Veg... For how long? Jamaican 6 months. JH 4 1/2 months.
If in Flower stage... For how long? 1 day
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor crawlspace
Soil or Hydro? Coco w/ a handful of perlite
What size pot? 10l Trader Joe's Hempy
Size of light? 400w CMH Vertical
Is it aircooled? Yes, 4" fan below bare bulb
Temp of Room/cab? Presently 75-80° lights on, 65-70° lights off
RH of Room/cab? Presently 40-60%
PH of media or res? 5.8
Any Pests ? Just me
How often are you watering? 1-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? JH: 5 tbs Osmocoat+ incorporated, 1 drop/gal SuperThrive, 5ml/gal Botanicare Cal/Mag. Hygozyme every 2-4 feedings.

Jamaican: 5tbs Lowe's Garden Club 3 month Organic TRF. Top dressed w/ 2 Tbs OC+...1 drop/gal SuperThrive, 5ml/gal Botanicare Cal/Mag. Hygozyme every 2-4 feedings.

As you can see, these girls have been waiting a long time to show their stuff, now it's time to grow up :grinjoint:

:peace:

First, a little trip back in time.

May 24, 2010. I was given these 2 Jamaicans in the red pots. One turned to the dark side, one turned into a beauty.

DSC07662.jpg

May 29th, I was given the Jack clone:

DSC07753.jpg

I kind of held them in stasis on a 6/6/6/6 light schedule until Oct. 16th. Then I put them on 20/4.

Jack: 10/16/10

DSC081631.jpg

Jamaica; 10/16/10

DSC08162.jpg

Both were sorta flowering, sorta revegging. I've never dealt with revegging before, or sorta flowering for that matter, but it seemed like time to move them along.

Meanwhile, back in the crawl...

SCRoG was finally done, freeing up the flower area.

DSC08235.jpg

This time I wanted to try a CMH vertical grow. I ordered a 400w ballast, mogul, and bulb. Then a little remodeling...

DSC082361.jpg

The good news was I got the mogul right:) The ballast for the CMH bulb needed to be of the HPS variety, not the MH that I got, and the CMH bulbs are orientation specific: horizontal or vertical. D'oh!

Jamaica a couple of weeks ago:

DSC08162.jpg

So the girls kept vegging...until Nov 13th. The vertical had not shown up, and the Jack was into the t5s in the tent, so they moved into the flower stall with a 400w HPS. Still kept the 20/4 schedule.

I know that they had vegged for so long, they probably could have gone a little longer, but I couldn't :) I put them into 24hrs of dark on Mon. and flipped them to 12/12 on Tues at 7PM w/the HPS. The vertical CMH showed up at 8PM!

Jamaica (named after the Tom Rush cover "Jamaica Say You Will"):

DSC08275.jpg

Jack (pretty obvious :) )

DSC08276.jpg

When I first put them in the bloom stall, they were both about 24" above the tops of their pots. 27" today, 2 days later. I'm hoping for the big stretch. :smokin:

Up to real time, thanks for stooping in. Any questions, critiques, or advice will be gladly taken.

Hi Horse! Figured you were in need of another pest.:grinjoint:

Great to see another vertical grow rolling into flower time.:popcorn:

Let the good times roll. :smokin:

Hi Horse, I just finshed asking what you were planning, in your previous thread, then I noticed the new link in your sig heheh.

I'm in, good luck.:cheer::grinjoint:

Hi Horse! Figured you were in need of another pest.:grinjoint:

Great to see another vertical grow rolling into flower time.:popcorn:

Let the good times roll. :smokin:

High TT, I did need another pest. Found a pretty drowned mouse in one of the underliners the other day. Had to put up a no life guard on duty sign :smokin:

Picked up some welding, well cutting, glasses today... CMH goes in tonight :slide:

HIGH horse,

WHAT!! A MOUSE.... i am so out of here....and no life guard....oh my....

take care and best wishes...see ya later....hugs L:cheer::cheer:

Who knows grass better than a Horse?? :grinjoint:

Can't wait to see what these ladies do! They are gona be monsters for sure!

Good luck bro! :tokin:

Hey Smokey, thanks for droppin' by. Mrs Horse sez my name oughta be Mule :smokin:

The Jack is looking like she's gonna be big 'un fer sure. I've no doubt that things will get interesting, and that luck will be needed!

Hi Horse, I just finshed asking what you were planning, in your previous thread, then I noticed the new link in your sig heheh.

I'm in, good luck.:cheer::grinjoint:

Good to see ya, Mick. Yeah, I figured I only learn by screwing up, so I'd better keep screwing up quickly :grinjoint: I'm hoping this works out as a kind of vertical scrog, without the weaving :)

Your chair's set up :welcome:

So, you vegged one plant for 6 months and one for 4 1/2? Those babies are going to finish huge! SCROG is probably a smart move. Those things are going to stretch then fill in like crazy.

HIGH horse,

WHAT!! A MOUSE.... i am so out of here....and no life guard....oh my....

take care and best wishes...see ya later....hugs L:cheer::cheer:

High Lavendar, Good to see you down here. And, no problem with public service announcements, this place is wide open.

I had already voted early for OMM, too bad it won't let me vote often, too! Just don't you go too far away, cause you could be next :)

About that mouse, I couldn't believe he thought he could swim after Labor Day... probably on a full stomach, too :smokin:

Thanks for stooping in :peace:

So, you vegged one plant for 6 months and one for 4 1/2? Those babies are going to finish huge! SCROG is probably a smart move. Those things are going to stretch then fill in like crazy.

Howdy 247, I see a lot of bondage in at least Jackie's future:grinjoint:

Both plants have a lot of pre-flowers, and a lot of re-vegging. I was gonna keep them as moms, but tent space is at a premium and they couldn't come up with the rent :smokin:. I'm not sure what to expect.

Thanks crawling by!

High 420 folks. I'm Horse Badorties, name taken (and shortened to fit 420 parameters) from "the Fan Man," by William Kotzwinkle:
The Fan Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This will journal Round 2 in the crawlspace.

The pertinent stuff:

What strain is it? Starting out with one Jack Herer and one Jamaican bagseed.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? They both look to be leaning heavily towards the sativa side.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Just flipped to flower
If in Veg... For how long? Jamaican 6 months. JH 4 1/2 months.
If in Flower stage... For how long? 1 day
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor crawlspace
Soil or Hydro? Coco w/ a handful of perlite
What size pot? 10l Trader Joe's Hempy
Size of light? 400w CMH Vertical
Is it aircooled? Yes, 4" fan below bare bulb
Temp of Room/cab? Presently 75-80° lights on, 65-70° lights off
RH of Room/cab? Presently 40-60%
PH of media or res? 5.8
Any Pests ? Just me
How often are you watering? 1-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? JH: 5 tbs Osmocoat+ incorporated, 1 drop/gal SuperThrive, 5ml/gal Botanicare Cal/Mag. Hygozyme every 2-4 feedings.

Jamaican: 5tbs Lowe's Garden Club 3 month Organic TRF. Top dressed w/ 2 Tbs OC+...1 drop/gal SuperThrive, 5ml/gal Botanicare Cal/Mag. Hygozyme every 2-4 feedings.

As you can see, these girls have been waiting a long time to show their stuff, now it's time to grow up :grinjoint:

Subbed!! Gotta see how big these girls get!!!

Go get 'em Horse!!

public service announcement...VOTE OMM..please...VOTE OMM.. i want omm to win....just began campaigning for him when i found out my name was up there....boooooo.......i think for all the work you all have done and gone so out of your way to help others, its his turn....and i think it is a great way of letting him know how loved and appreciated he is during this time of illness..(and other times too)..we miss him very much, and need him and his cheer....hes one of the good guys....besides it was his birthday....now get out there and rock the vote.....go vote....go vote, OMM....thank you, and this ad was not approved by omm, but was by me.....he needs the handy pocket vape for his lungs....yeah team.....GET OUT THERE AND VOTE....hugs, L

that jack will grow....got one in a net now....still looking for a good jamaican...and putting a shameless bump on the ad....you rock horse, but then most men are really mules in horse suits....lol...hugs, L

High TT, I did need another pest. Found a pretty drowned mouse in one of the underliners the other day. Had to put up a no life guard on duty sign :smokin:

Picked up some welding, well cutting, glasses today... CMH goes in tonight :slide:

That's OK. I'll just sit in this comfy chair and enjoy the umbrella drinks.

Glasses or a light blocker are a must. :reading420magazine:

So is the general idea that the plant will grow though the wire cage towards the light. like a 360 degree scrog? what are your plans for the back of the plants? florescent tube lights? reflective wall covers or a combination of both?
either way im hooked:popcorn:
can't wait to see how it all works

So is the general idea that the plant will grow though the wire cage towards the light. like a 360 degree scrog? what are your plans for the back of the plants? florescent tube lights? reflective wall covers or a combination of both?
either way im hooked:popcorn:
can't wait to see how it all works

High GG,
The wire is supposed to keep the plants out of the light, but the buds will grow towards it, is the idea. The light seems to penetrate about 20" now.

I think I'll have to rig some sort of trellis to train them to go around the stall.

I keep those white sides down when the light's on, so there is a lot of reflected light. I put in the CMH tonight, it seems twice as bright as the HPS... very white light.

Check out Propa Gator's thread, the Gator's Cage... he's got it down. And OB-1 has a thread up, too. Lots of ideas to steal :)

It's pretty cool, literally, very open to interpretation :smokin:

Thanks, for droppin' in :peace:

Back
Top Bottom