Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

High All,

Jamaica has had this condition for maybe a month and a half. I haven't been real worried, so I've been forgetting to ask about it.

DSC08268.jpg

DSC082651.jpg

DSC08264.jpg

It's mostly older growth. The effected leaves lose all turgor and fall off at a touch.

The new growth comes out fine. She's been pre-flowering and re-vegging at the same time. She has been waiting to flower for a long time.

DSC08257.jpg

DSC08260.jpg

DSC08259.jpg

She was doing this when she was in a perlite hempy with OC+. I transplanted her into a coco hempy about a month ago. At that time I incorporated Lowe's Garden Club Organic TRF. I have bad eyes, and didn't fully read the label... but it was on sale! I have since top dressed with 2Tbs OC+. Been using cal/mag and 1 part well water/3 parts dehumidifier runoff. 5.8 pH, TA between 40 and 80.

Leaves are still dropping, but it's only been a week since top dressing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:peace:

She looks healthy, otherwise,

i get that spotty azzed pale look on some of my leaves in the nursery....someone said too high humidity....60rh....which is too much for me, so i started running a heater....another said old ferts....they are f.f. and are kept in the dark, but they are a yr. old....so i added m.grow...., helped for a while, but did the same....i may start spraying with liquid light again....it worked last time for it....but other than change ferts, and lower rh....and spray l.lite, im at a loss...tried mildew spray on it also, it may be low light in the nursery doing it....but should be alot, enough light....so if you figure out what it is, let me know.....and yes, they just drop off....thanks, L

Hey Horse! I'm almost in at the start of this one. My old house had a crawlspace but there was no more than 3.5', how much height you have in there?

Good luck!

i get that spotty azzed pale look on some of my leaves in the nursery....someone said too high humidity....60rh....which is too much for me, so i started running a heater....another said old ferts....they are f.f. and are kept in the dark, but they are a yr. old....so i added m.grow...., helped for a while, but did the same....i may start spraying with liquid light again....it worked last time for it....but other than change ferts, and lower rh....and spray l.lite, im at a loss...tried mildew spray on it also, it may be low light in the nursery doing it....but should be alot, enough light....so if you figure out what it is, let me know.....and yes, they just drop off....thanks, L

My tent humidity is 40-60%... and the light is 2 4 bulb T5s, just a little over 200w. Guess it could be either. Does it seem to hurt your overall plants, though? This one seems fine otherwise???

Thanks for the input, hmmmm, plant detectives :ganjamon:

Hey Horse! :ganjamon:

I brought my own rocker with a padded seat for my poor aching butt. Hope you have room. I see you got the light....the right ....one....how's one to know that anyway? Course your like me an charge on in, then we find out.

Only thing I see that could be a problem is stretch. Depends on the hight that you have to use. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Thanks for the vote my friend. :thanks:

The mouse should know to stay away from Horses! :ganjamon:

Meanwhile, back in the crawl...

The good news was I got the mogul right:) The ballast for the CMH bulb needed to be of the HPS variety, not the MH that I got, and the CMH bulbs are orientation specific: horizontal or vertical. D'oh!

Jamaica a couple of weeks ago:

Having used and studied the CMH bulb. My reading said all CMH bulbs are vert. (15 degrees +/- off center line) except the 400 watt. It is omni directional.
This has the appearance of another good read.
Thanks for the now and future lessons, Old Goat

I almost hate to say this and don't want to unnerve you, but it seems that spotting on your ladies' leaves is more likely caused by a bug than the RH% or old fertilizers. Do you have magnifying glass? Check out the underside of those leaves very carefully.

Is that a coco/hydroton hempy bucket?

Hey Horse! :ganjamon:

I brought my own rocker with a padded seat for my poor aching butt. Hope you have room. I see you got the light....the right ....one....how's one to know that anyway? Course your like me an charge on in, then we find out.

Only thing I see that could be a problem is stretch. Depends on the hight that you have to use. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Thanks for the vote my friend. :thanks:

The mouse should know to stay away from Horses! :ganjamon:

High OMM, good to see you out and about. I hope the show is a good one. Mrs Horse is gonna dress up like one those cigarette girls from our yute and pass out spliffs :ganjamon:

I'm hoping for some stretch this time, I wanna fill the walls!

And you know, ah hates meeces to pieces :)

Having used and studied the CMH bulb. My reading said all CMH bulbs are vert. (15 degrees +/- off center line) except the 400 watt. It is omni directional.
This has the appearance of another good read.
Thanks for the now and future lessons, Old Goat

High Old Goat,

Thanks for stooping in! That's interesting about the omni directional thing. Was it the Philips CMH? Hey I can go either way now, anyhow :)

I almost hate to say this and don't want to unnerve you, but it seems that spotting on your ladies' leaves is more likely caused by a bug than the RH% or old fertilizers. Do you have magnifying glass? Check out the underside of those leaves very carefully.

Is that a coco/hydroton hempy bucket?

high Grower Z,

I just scoped the backside, nada. The top is weird, though. Looks like blisters in some places?

I'm gonna wait a little to see if the micro nutes in the OC+ I put on as a top dressing help out. My usual shotgun approach doesn't seem to tell me very much.

Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.

Horse! Im in for the CMH go! I got my CMH bulb but ran outta money for the ballast, oh well next round!

That damage looks just like my OG mom did(rest her soul), the leaves dropping off at the slightest touch, strange wilting and yellowing, even the black specks and 'blisters' like u say was also the case on a Trainwreck.....turned out to be root aphids. Have you looked carefully at the coco? Try disturbing a small area with your finger close to the stem and watch for movement with a flashlight. Keep your eye still, they're so small you can miss em real easy. Hope like hell im wrong! Can't wait to see some CMH action!

high Grower Z,

I just scoped the backside, nada. The top is weird, though. Looks like blisters in some places?

I'm gonna wait a little to see if the micro nutes in the OC+ I put on as a top dressing help out. My usual shotgun approach doesn't seem to tell me very much.

Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.

Hi Horse! :)
If you can veg longer for a good jump in size, but you know that already.
Blisters are a new one on me. Have never seen that yet. Maybe someone will come along that knows what it is. I hope! :)

So now I find your new grow Horse, it's like deja vous all over again ;)

I like the shotgun approach too: kill 'em all, let them deal with their diety.
No Pest Strip kills everything. If it crawls or flies, it dies. Put one in there overnight,
and turn off your fans. One night does it for me, with a follow-up or two for eggs.
Then(important), put it in a zip-lock bag till next time and turn fans on with the light.

My other prophylactic move is a fresh flush with Lucas 5 - 10. H&G is too much $.
Your TRFs should hold their load till the osmotic pressure ebbs, I'd guess.

One more trick: pull off those ugly leaves, smile and be happy :)

My tent humidity is 40-60%... and the light is 2 4 bulb T5s, just a little over 200w. Guess it could be either. Does it seem to hurt your overall plants, though? This one seems fine otherwise???

Thanks for the input, hmmmm, plant detectives :ganjamon:

no it didnt hurt a thing...just lost those leaves....not for sure but i think its lite....i used liq. light and it is going away....also switched to dynagrow-grow in the nursery.....but the l.l. did it, thats the second time its helped....L

Horse! Im in for the CMH go! I got my CMH bulb but ran outta money for the ballast, oh well next round!

That damage looks just like my OG mom did(rest her soul), the leaves dropping off at the slightest touch, strange wilting and yellowing, even the black specks and 'blisters' like u say was also the case on a Trainwreck.....turned out to be root aphids. Have you looked carefully at the coco? Try disturbing a small area with your finger close to the stem and watch for movement with a flashlight. Keep your eye still, they're so small you can miss em real easy. Hope like hell im wrong! Can't wait to see some CMH action!

I had a few fungus gnats, hope I have azamaxed them back from whence they came... I'll do an aphid check. Thanks for the heads up.

I've seen some 400 hps ballast kits for around 70 bucks... and our hydro store has used equipment occasionally... man, it's kinda like owning a fishing boat :)

Hi Horse! :)
If you can veg longer for a good jump in size, but you know that already.
Blisters are a new one on me. Have never seen that yet. Maybe someone will come along that knows what it is. I hope! :)

Hey OMM, unfortunately the veg tent is small, but I have gotten a good foot of stretch so far :slide:

So now I find your new grow Horse, it's like deja vous all over again ;)

I like the shotgun approach too: kill 'em all, let them deal with their diety.
No Pest Strip kills everything. If it crawls or flies, it dies. Put one in there overnight,
and turn off your fans. One night does it for me, with a follow-up or two for eggs.
Then(important), put it in a zip-lock bag till next time and turn fans on with the light.

My other prophylactic move is a fresh flush with Lucas 5 - 10. H&G is too much $.
Your TRFs should hold their load till the osmotic pressure ebbs, I'd guess.

One more trick: pull off those ugly leaves, smile and be happy :)

See the new update for where pulling ugly leaves can lead!

no it didnt hurt a thing...just lost those leaves....not for sure but i think its lite....i used liq. light and it is going away....also switched to dynagrow-grow in the nursery.....but the l.l. did it, thats the second time its helped....L

Thanks L, I'll look a L.L. one my next spending spree!

So any worries about Jamaica are over. 2 1/2 wks into flower, pulling dead leaves, and I started seeing flowers of the wrong persuasion. Shit!

HPIM1464.jpg

HPIM14652.jpg

HPIM14632.jpg

HPIM14622.jpg

And, here I was, so happy with her/his stretch!

I did take some clones before I moved it to flower:

DSC083131.jpg

I'm guessing the odds are pretty good of them hermying out on me, too. I'd like to keep one, and see. Pissing in the wind?

So now, Jacquline is a lonely girl, and the vertical bulb is lighting an empty corner.

DSC08309.jpg

Her sister, Jackee, is plumping up in the veg tent.

DSC08319.jpg

I've got to find some time to take as many clones as I can off her lower regions while they are still young and tender... these JHs seem to be growing machines.

DSC083141.jpg

The vert CMH and cage.

DSC08321.jpg

DSC08323.jpg

DSC08320.jpg

DSC08322.jpg

One plant isn't to representative, but... the buds seem to want to grow towards the light, but not into it. The fan leaves, on the other hand, are on a suicide mission.

I have been tying the stretching branches around the cage, trying to space them out to get as much light as possible. Two stacked lights lights would probably use my limited space to the max, so I'm thinking that's the next addition.

It is a bit awkward to get into the cage to cover the light to work in there. I've some 2.5 IR welding glasses, which seem to be about the min. protection. I've got to get some 5s.

Things are getting cool, for here, so I've got to contain some of the electrical inefficiency. Humidifier has stopped extracting, rain collection is next.

Things in the tent.

DSC083121.jpg

DSC083111.jpg

That puny thing on the right is a White Widow I've been nursing along since the beginning of July. She was on 6/6/6/6 for probably 4 months, and has been on 20/4 since the middle of Nov.

DSC08318.jpg

DSC08317.jpg

DSC083161.jpg

She has been covered in trichs since I got her as mere clone. My son has some clones we took off her that are flowering up, but this girl doesn't seem to want to move in the same direction?

Til later

DSC08292.jpg

Back
Top Bottom