Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Whoa, Maxicrop Seaweed is the sheet. I gave everybody 16oz tall boy last night, definitely increased their waistlines. I keep reading about products that show results while folks are looking at the plants, takes mine weeks :)

DSC08341.jpg

I gave flower girl another dose tonight, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow from the same vantage point.

Whoa, Maxicrop Seaweed is the sheet. I gave everybody 16oz tall boy last night, definitely increased their waistlines. I keep reading about products that show results while folks are looking at the plants, takes mine weeks :)

DSC08341.jpg

I gave flower girl another dose tonight, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow from the same vantage point.

Hey Horse! What is that supposed to do & how/when do you apply it? Thanks!

Hey Horse! What is that supposed to do & how/when do you apply it? Thanks!

It seems to be good for the girls and/or whatever ails 'em :)

Just look up maxicrop. I've only used it twice, and at 1/2 strength in a drench.

Downside w/ the stuff for me is that it's brown, really brown, and organic. I'm doing coco hempys, so we'll see how it works out over the long run.

:peace:

The hydro store gave me a sample of maxicrop yesterday. Going to give it a try tonight. They were saying to foliar feed it but I just can't wrap my head around the idea of spraying seaweed extract on my buds. :ganjamon:

Hi Horse, looking good in the grow.

Sorry to hear about Jamaica, but better now than when you've got a mess of flowering females.

The straggler WW should be loaded with sparkly bits if you can get it to kick in.

The hydro store gave me a sample of maxicrop yesterday. Going to give it a try tonight. They were saying to foliar feed it but I just can't wrap my head around the idea of spraying seaweed extract on my buds. :ganjamon:

High TT, I don't think I quite understand how to foliar feed in a tent. I've sprayed other seaweeds outdoors, but there, there's not lights, and reflective bits, and mold wasn't a pressing issue.

Any tips out there?

Hi Horse, looking good in the grow.

Sorry to hear about Jamaica, but better now than when you've got a mess of flowering females.

The straggler WW should be loaded with sparkly bits if you can get it to kick in.

Howdy Mick, Yer right, and growing is one place where you really can cut your losses... with a vengeance :)

And flipping any switch on the WR would be good... she sure is carrying a grudge over the stasis thing :( Any ideas would be highlee appreciated.

Thanks for stooping by :ganjamon:

High TT, I don't think I quite understand how to foliar feed in a tent. I've sprayed other seaweeds outdoors, but there, there's not lights, and reflective bits, and mold wasn't a pressing issue.

Any tips out there?

I haven't done any foliar feeds in the cab but when I've had to spray for PM I turn off all fans, pull the light up and hold a 2 foot piece of plastic signboard behind the sprayed area to keep most of the overspray off the mylar. I also use heavy airflow after spraying but I don't think that is best for a foliar feeding as the ferts should be absorbed, not dried on the leaf.
Which is all a complete pain and not always effective in keeping the mylar clean. So I don't foliar feed unless necessary.

You're getting a pretty good reach-around going on the cage.

Any tips out there?

I take hydro store advoice with a grain of salt. They were also trying to push a saturator to hold the maxicorp on the leaves. Only took a little pushing to get an admission that it was basically diluted soap...They were nice enough to give me a sample of that also.

Personally, I don't feel like crawling around on my knees and spraying the plants. Plus there are the issues you raised. I am sticking with pouring it in the buckets. :morenutes::morenutes:

Might try spraying some on a clone or two as an experiment. See what it does for vegging. :rollit:

I haven't done any foliar feeds in the cab but when I've had to spray for PM I turn off all fans, pull the light up and hold a 2 foot piece of plastic signboard behind the sprayed area to keep most of the overspray off the mylar. I also use heavy airflow after spraying but I don't think that is best for a foliar feeding as the ferts should be absorbed, not dried on the leaf.
Which is all a complete pain and not always effective in keeping the mylar clean. So I don't foliar feed unless necessary.

You're getting a pretty good reach-around going on the cage.

Mick, do you spray at dark time, light time, dusk, or dawn? Signboard is a good idea. After every election, I harvest political signage for the wire supports (works great for gladiolas), now I can totally recycle :)

And, ya, that Jack is putting a bear hug on that cage... must be luuuuv :ganjamon:

I take hydro store advoice with a grain of salt. They were also trying to push a saturator to hold the maxicorp on the leaves. Only took a little pushing to get an admission that it was basically diluted soap...They were nice enough to give me a sample of that also.

Personally, I don't feel like crawling around on my knees and spraying the plants. Plus there are the issues you raised. I am sticking with pouring it in the buckets. :morenutes::morenutes:

Might try spraying some on a clone or two as an experiment. See what it does for vegging. :rollit:

Hey TT,

I'm already crawlin', so crawlin' n spraying I could probably pull off :)

Mick, do you spray at dark time, light time, dusk, or dawn? Signboard is a good idea. After every election, I harvest political signage for the wire supports (works great for gladiolas), now I can totally recycle :)

And, ya, that Jack is putting a bear hug on that cage... must be luuuuv :ganjamon:

I like to have at least 2 hours before lights out so the plants will be well dried before the cabinet gets sealed up.

I always wondered who cleaned up all that signage every election. heheh I'm all for recycling, keeping it green.

If it ain't love now, it will be when you smoke it.:thumb:

I like to have at least 2 hours before lights out so the plants will be well dried before the cabinet gets sealed up.

I always wondered who cleaned up all that signage every election. heheh I'm all for recycling, keeping it green.

If it ain't love now, it will be when you smoke it.:thumb:

I was a little worried about the magnification of the lamp through the spray droplets. This CMH is intense. I'll have to try a sample shot.

Tell ya what, Mick, I'm lovin' these Jacks more every day. Their smell is wonderful, a spicy thing I can't quite put my finger on, yet. Doesn't smell like pot, so far, either... burning one should be sweeeet :)

Hey Horse! :peace:
Looks good to me!

Thanks OMM, looks like things are shaping up again at your place. I love the DMZ!

I picked up another of the Jack clones and two more White Russians, from my son. They were all off of mothers I have. He's got a clonator thing that pumps them out.

The tent:

DSC08376.jpg

It's been cold lately, so I put a heat cable under the liners, seems to help a bit.

White Russian baby clones:

DSC08373.jpg

Jacks, larger one is from number one son, smaller is a coco mini hempy I took.

DSC08374.jpg

WR mom. I've been trying to reveg her, but she's not real happy about it. Now that I have the clones, I'm thinking of throwing her into the bloom tent... whatta ya think?... she won't take up much room :)

DSC08375.jpg

Big JH after 24 days of flowering:

DSC08369.jpg

I have to raise the smaller JH (guess I'll call her Deux?) to "even" the canopy. The vertical light is pretty forgiving there :)

DSC08370.jpg

The radiator heater is a new addition. I need to partition this part of the crawl, and condition it. A bit daunting with all the stuff (wires, pipes, tools, materials, and general junk) in the way :(

DSC08372.jpg

DSC08371.jpg

I had planned on throwing 2 plants into flower every 4 weeks, in 2 spaces , opposite corners, around vertical lights. That plan got bollixed up when the Jamaican hermied. Looks like things are going to take their own course for a bit, depending on what's coming and going :)

I have another 2x4x4 tent. I just ordered some 1 gal grow bags. I'm thinking I'll try a 2 dozen or so perpetual sog in there. I have 2 2' 4 bulb T5HO units that fit, and I could possibly squeeze in another. I'd have to relamp w/ 2700Ks... Anybody have any thoughts on flowering under those? What's the best flowering florescent bulbs?

I also have a 400w CMH horizontal, ( :) ) mogul, and hood, and I could get a ballast kit for about the same money it would take to relamp the T5s.

Or would a 250 or 150 CMH do better in that space?

Here's the Jamaican cuckolds, I don't have the heart to put them out in the cold... it's almost xmastime :grinjoint:

DSC08378.jpg

Plants here, plants there, plants everywhere! I use the same heater Horse, it's working great for me.

How much headroom you have in there? I had a crawlspace once but it was only about 4' high, yours looks bigger.

I was a little worried about the magnification of the lamp through the spray droplets. This CMH is intense. I'll have to try a sample shot.

Tell ya what, Mick, I'm lovin' these Jacks more every day. Their smell is wonderful, a spicy thing I can't quite put my finger on, yet. Doesn't smell like pot, so far, either... burning one should be sweeeet :)

yeah the leds I use don't require any concern over lensing effect but it needs to be considered for hid's.

Ohoh, sounds like i might have to add another strain to my wish list.

The Jacks are gonna load up, bushy beauties they are.

Plants here, plants there, plants everywhere! I use the same heater Horse, it's working great for me.

How much headroom you have in there? I had a crawlspace once but it was only about 4' high, yours looks bigger.

High BlueDog, yup, flora sprawl! I've gotta close that part of the crawl off some... I'm running that heater on 900w and drops to just over 60° during lights out.

The crawl is about 5'10" in places, I'm 5'11"... then there's the pipes and wires and ducts, ouch :)

Thanks for stopping in :peace:

yeah the leds I use don't require any concern over lensing effect but it needs to be considered for hid's.

Ohoh, sounds like i might have to add another strain to my wish list.

The Jacks are gonna load up, bushy beauties they are.

They are growing up! These are very pliable, with a little direction, I think one of these girls could fill my scrog screen:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom