How the hell are you?

HomegrownOMRI

420 Member
The name is Rev, and I am a medical cannabis user, and decided to try doing my first grow to learn something new, and to ease the wallet on the dispensary pricing. I have learned a massive amount of information these last few months with the help of a close friend who has taken me under his wing to guide me on the proper ways to grow organically. I'm not really sure how I would be able to elaborate on my setup without violating any rules, so I will try and keep it to the basic info as much as possible. Forgive me in advance if I screw something up in the process. That being said, I have been lurking for a while to check the place out and it seems like a pretty rad place to hangout and discuss things.

I currently have dual 4'x6'x8' tents, one of which is not currently in use until I get my cloning stations and equipment setup to where I'd like everything to be stationed.

Three (3) 2000W broad spectrum, dual 10W chip LED lights, and a 650W HPS light on standby if need be.
450CFM fresh air fan
650CFM Exhaust turbine with carbon filter
Co2 rain setup (active today) with monitors to maintain 1500 ppm at all times for the first 3-4 weeks of flowering.
10" fan to move air around
8'x8' Trellis
Dehumidifier
Livestream camera
Digital pH and Soil meters/probes

I make compost teas to feed my plants their nutrients on a bi-weekly basis, but now that I have switched to flower as of today, my nutrients will need to be modified accordingly. I will probably be increasing the feeding to weekly as well.

I had been researching strains and terpene profiles for quite some time, and have picked a few plants to start with that are not too difficult to grow indoors, and also does not have huge variances on climate temperament or size.

Ultimately I ended up choosing three (3) strains for my first grow, and picked Blue Dream (of course), True OG, & Wedding cake x Lemon London Pound Cake. I have four (4) of each strain in 10 gal fabric pots, using my own soils and homemade compost made from my own red worm farms.

I grew up smoking, and gave it up when I started my first company. I recently picked it back up again when my father passed away. He was a cannabis user to treat his conditions, and his death has hit me like your first dab, except the sweats and feelings of heaviness do not ever stop, so I decided to try his methods and they seem to help to some extent, so here I am.

I'm not even really sure what I expect to get from this forum, but honestly, reading things and just seeing how things here are handled and dealt with made me feel I could extend an olive branch to new found friends, because face it, no one likes to be alone and stuck inside your head. A lot of ugly things happen in there. So, this is probably more of a fucking bio than an introduction, but I feel it is only fair since I've closet stalked you guys for a while, so I guess this makes us even I suppose.

I'm looking to just share and learn. People think I'm nuts for spending so much money on this when I've walked into it blind. I look at it as a challenge to find an answer to a problem that hasn't been asked yet. I love technology and I feel that if you're not going to do something right, why bother, y'know?

I was contemplating hydroponic systems, but decided against them for the time being because the research I have done tells me that soil is tremendously more forgiving than hydroponics because of the direct access to the roots in hydro. I ended up buying the things do do a setup, and I may do the hydro with some clones from the first tent, and put them into the cloning tent with a hydro system after this harvest is up.

I find this whole thing to be relaxing, and enjoyable. I can't quite explain how it feels, but it just feels peaceful when I'm surrounded by the life I have let flourish and grow with my own hands. It is quite satisfying to see that I am capable of creating life, when surrounded by so much death. Anyway, I apologize for rambling and wasting your time. Thank you for reading, and I hope I have not violated any rules.

I'll be looking forward to helping and learning within the community.

-Rev

The name is Rev, and I am a medical cannabis user, and decided to try doing my first grow to learn something new, and to ease the wallet on the dispensary pricing. I have learned a massive amount of information these last few months with the help of a close friend who has taken me under his wing to guide me on the proper ways to grow organically. I'm not really sure how I would be able to elaborate on my setup without violating any rules, so I will try and keep it to the basic info as much as possible. Forgive me in advance if I screw something up in the process. That being said, I have been lurking for a while to check the place out and it seems like a pretty rad place to hangout and discuss things.

I currently have dual 4'x6'x8' tents, one of which is not currently in use until I get my cloning stations and equipment setup to where I'd like everything to be stationed.

Three (3) 2000W broad spectrum, dual 10W chip LED lights, and a 650W HPS light on standby if need be.
450CFM fresh air fan
650CFM Exhaust turbine with carbon filter
Co2 rain setup (active today) with monitors to maintain 1500 ppm at all times for the first 3-4 weeks of flowering.
10" fan to move air around
8'x8' Trellis
Dehumidifier
Livestream camera
Digital pH and Soil meters/probes

I make compost teas to feed my plants their nutrients on a bi-weekly basis, but now that I have switched to flower as of today, my nutrients will need to be modified accordingly. I will probably be increasing the feeding to weekly as well.

I had been researching strains and terpene profiles for quite some time, and have picked a few plants to start with that are not too difficult to grow indoors, and also does not have huge variances on climate temperament or size.

Ultimately I ended up choosing three (3) strains for my first grow, and picked Blue Dream (of course), True OG, & Wedding cake x Lemon London Pound Cake. I have four (4) of each strain in 10 gal fabric pots, using my own spoils and homemade compost made from my own red worm farms.

I grew up smoking, and gave it up when I started my first company. I recently picked it back up again when my father passed away. He was a cannabis user to treat his conditions, and his death has hit me like your first dab, except the sweats and feelings of heaviness do not ever stop, so I decided to try his methods and they seem to help to some extent, so here I am.

I'm not even really sure what I expect to get from this forum, but honestly, reading things and just seeing how things here are handled and dealt with made me feel I could extend an olive branch to new found friends, because face it, no one likes to be alone and stuck inside your head. A lot of ugly things happen in there. So, this is probably more of a fucking bio than an introduction, but I feel it is only fair since I've closet stalked you guys for a while, so I guess this makes us even I suppose.

I'm looking to just share and learn. People think I'm nuts for spending so much money on this when I've walked into it blind. I look at it as a challenge to find an answer to a problem that hasn't been asked yet. I love technology and I feel that if you're not going to do something right, why bother, y'know?

I was contemplating hydroponic systems, but decided against them for the time being because the research I have done tells me that soil is tremendously more forgiving than hydroponics because of the direct access to the roots in hydro. I ended up buying the things do do a setup, and I may do the hydro with some clones from the first tent, and put them into the cloning tent with a hydro system after this harvest is up.

I find this whole thing to be relaxing, and enjoyable. I can't quite explain how it feels, but it just feels peaceful when I'm surrounded by the life I have let flourish and grow with my own hands. It is quite satisfying to see that I am capable of creating life, when surrounded by so much death. Anyway, I apologize for rambling and wasting your time. Thank you for reading, and I hope I have not violated any rules.

I'll be looking forward to helping and learning within the community.

-Rev
Welcome to :420:

I gotta admit, that is one hell of an intro!
And I mean that in every good way!! I love your attitude and think you'll find many likeminded individuals here, and many helpful knowledgeable folks.

Be sure to setup a grow journal, and check out our contest and grow journal of the month section!

Welcome to :420:

I gotta admit, that is one hell of an intro!
And I mean that in every good way!! I love your attitude and think you'll find many like minded individuals here, and many helpful knowledgeable folks.

Be sure to setup a grow journal, and check out our contest and grow journal of the month section!
I was sure hoping that I'd get a positive response. How would one go about setting up a grow journal?

Thank you!

Edit: I found the thread from 2008 explaining how to make the grow journal.
Linky

I was sure hoping that I'd get a positive response. How would one go about setting up a grow journal?

Thank you!
Here you!

After you get one setup, most members include a link within their signature. A grow journal is a great way to share your grow, and get input from other growers.

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom