How to correctly measure a plant?

Why Doe

Okay guys I have maybe a dumb question. I'm researching what strain I want to grow next and I am limited by height. My question is, when measuring a plant, do you account for the roots, so measure from the bottom of the pot up? Or do you measure from the top of the soil? When a strain says 40-50" I don't know what they are taking into account.

They are using the plant height, as folks grow in a variety of sized pots along with growing outdoors. And just like other "specs" they give it is an approximation/guess/ballpark figure, as things vary on conditions/how long in veg/skill level/type of lights/etc...You can train them or go with a Scrog or limit their time in Veg to control the height to meet your available space.

Thank you for your reply, I kind of figured that but wanted to make sure. I LST, Scrog, and Top. My tent is only 60" and with the lights and everything thats up there I've already lost a good 10" not to mention the fact that lights have to been a certain distance away. Im looking at only able to grow like 2 feet plants lol. If i grow a photoperiod plant, let it veg to about 12 inches and switch the cycle. They will about double in height during flower ive been told so will it be around 2 feet when its done?

If i grow a photoperiod plant, let it veg to about 12 inches and switch the cycle. They will about double in height during flower ive been told so will it be around 2 feet when its done?

I have heard it varies on the Strain so it can double or triple from what I have read, and also Indica's are short and bushy and Sativa's are taller and spread out more, so might be better with something that is more dominant Indica than dominant Sativa as it will stay shorter. None of mine doubled yet as I was growing in a box that had a limited footprint to work with, so I think my plants got rootbound and that prevented them from stretching a lot (or my light was too close, not sure yet :rofl: ). All the ones I harvested so far were under 2 ft tall at the end some I trained more than others so various ages to them, you can check them out in my first Journal link in my sig.

I have heard it varies on the Strain so it can double or triple from what I have read, and also Indica's are short and bushy and Sativa's are taller and spread out more, so might be better with something that is more dominant Indica than dominant Sativa as it will stay shorter. None of mine doubled yet as I was growing in a box that had a limited footprint to work with, so I think my plants got rootbound and that prevented them from stretching a lot (or my light was too close, not sure yet :rofl: ). All the ones I harvested so far were under 2 ft tall at the end some I trained more than others so various ages to them, you can check them out in my first Journal link in my sig.

Yeah thats why I chose indica, i like the high better anyway. Im currently a little over a month on my first grow with blueberry. About how many oz is typical for a 2ft plant?

Yeah thats why I chose indica, i like the high better anyway. Im currently a little over a month on my first grow with blueberry. About how many oz is typical for a 2ft plant?

Too many variables ;) :rofl: the ballpark area is pretty wide. My first two plants I was under an oz 2nd set was just over an oz and last two were 1 1/2 oz, I haven't been doing it long enough to even come up with a good guess just prior to harvest as they can be deceiving as to how tight the buds are (dense).

I'm starting to think like growing your own vegetables, not necessarily cheaper than you can buy (especially if you count your time put into it, some folks time more expensive than others ;) ) but you know what is in it far as chemicals go.

Back
Top Bottom