How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Hi cult glad to see you back on the forum and hope you had a nice Christmas mate! If you was running 1000w gavitas and 1100ppm co2 in a closed room how much stronger would you expect to feed as a starting point in flower? Like if week one says 1.6ec would u start 1.8? Cheers

As a starting point I wouldnt go higher. I would start low and watch them to see if they hungry, then can always add more. I do prefer to start lower as its easier to add more but takes longer to fix if you ive too much, if that makes sense? I cant give an exact number because it will vary strain to strain and the size of the plants.

As a starting point I wouldnt go higher. I would start low and watch them to see if they hungry, then can always add more. I do prefer to start lower as its easier to add more but takes longer to fix if you ive too much, if that makes sense? I cant give an exact number because it will vary strain to strain and the size of the plants.
Cheers mate yeh it makes sense, I’m on week 2 and looks like I have abit of phosphorus defiencey Rusty spots appearing on the lower leafs I’ll take a picture tomorow to see what you think but I’m growing the same gorilla glue cutting in a fan and filter setup with 600w lights with perfect health on the same feeds ec etc that’s why I was thinking the co2 and stronger lights are making it more hungry? The pics will help tomorrow guess your looking in the dark otherwise lol

For sure its poss they more hungry. Up the nutes 0.2ec if thats the case and see how they respond.
Cheers mate here’s a couple pics I noticed there a little yellow between veins on the upper leafs also, little background info I found the opti climate had failed again over Xmas so they had been in the dark with mental humidity Xmas eve and Boxing Day most likely and there on day 23 of 12/12

Attachments

• C9D5F5D2-4063-41CE-807B-9B8491D42246.jpeg
    C9D5F5D2-4063-41CE-807B-9B8491D42246.jpeg
    740 KB · Views: 154
  • 785D6D97-9268-412E-8794-242FED02B97B.jpeg
    785D6D97-9268-412E-8794-242FED02B97B.jpeg
    739.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 307FA126-A9E5-4FCB-87E9-2B499CC0B48A.jpeg
    307FA126-A9E5-4FCB-87E9-2B499CC0B48A.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 154
  • BBE14C61-FAE6-48EC-B798-26377A62AA12.jpeg
    BBE14C61-FAE6-48EC-B798-26377A62AA12.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 159
  • 085FAB5D-CB4C-4B74-964B-4D1BE22CEF7D.jpeg
    085FAB5D-CB4C-4B74-964B-4D1BE22CEF7D.jpeg
    973.3 KB · Views: 136
Cheers mate here’s a couple pics I noticed there a little yellow between veins on the upper leafs also, little background info I found the opti climate had failed again over Xmas so they had been in the dark with mental humidity Xmas eve and Boxing Day most likely and there on day 23 of 12/12

Looks like they need more calmag and bump ec up.

Looks like they need more calmag and bump ec up.
Cheers cult mate done this on the day and stripped back the dodgy leaves there looking much healthier now the stems are starting to feel a little woody and showing abit of purple today I added slightly more cal mag once again assuming it’s that as the new growth is still a little on the yellowish side. Bit off topic but can you recommend me a reliable air con system and dehumidifier? Fucking opti climate split unit so unreliable
Cheers mate and happy new year

Hello @Cultivator, I am a noob as some would put it but have been interested in growing in coco for some time now. I have been recommended the whole Canna line of coco along with their line of nutrients but as I keep reading through about almost 20 pages of this thread I feel as if its not going to give me the results I'm after. Yes maybe using the canna coco medium would be fine and then adding in your regime of selected products would give me the results I'm after but the grow will be a bit longer then 9 weeks. I have seen your gallery and I must say very impressed along with everyone else on the thread and after reading and reading I decided to sign up and comment.
I have got 5 12.5 gallon oxy airpots in a 5x5 tent along with a fluence SPYDER2x LED as my light source with a dimmer. As far as my feeding system goes what would be the best method to use whether it be manual or multifed. I have read that you suggest a constant meals throughout rather then one big feeding and if you have another recommendations as far as a baseline coco to use I would appreciate the feed back. Like all of us here we are striving for the best possible outcome because we all know spending that money and turning up with crap is not what we want hahaha. Thanks for your time Sir!

Cheers cult mate done this on the day and stripped back the dodgy leaves there looking much healthier now the stems are starting to feel a little woody and showing abit of purple today I added slightly more cal mag once again assuming it’s that as the new growth is still a little on the yellowish side. Bit off topic but can you recommend me a reliable air con system and dehumidifier? Fucking opti climate split unit so unreliable
Cheers mate and happy new year

I dont use aircon mate so i wouldnt be the guy to ask for that really.

Hello @Cultivator, I am a noob as some would put it but have been interested in growing in coco for some time now. I have been recommended the whole Canna line of coco along with their line of nutrients but as I keep reading through about almost 20 pages of this thread I feel as if its not going to give me the results I'm after. Yes maybe using the canna coco medium would be fine and then adding in your regime of selected products would give me the results I'm after but the grow will be a bit longer then 9 weeks. I have seen your gallery and I must say very impressed along with everyone else on the thread and after reading and reading I decided to sign up and comment.
I have got 5 12.5 gallon oxy airpots in a 5x5 tent along with a fluence SPYDER2x LED as my light source with a dimmer. As far as my feeding system goes what would be the best method to use whether it be manual or multifed. I have read that you suggest a constant meals throughout rather then one big feeding and if you have another recommendations as far as a baseline coco to use I would appreciate the feed back. Like all of us here we are striving for the best possible outcome because we all know spending that money and turning up with crap is not what we want hahaha. Thanks for your time Sir!

Hi and welcome.

I would avoid canna if you can. It will work but its not great. I like plagron or biobizz coco, if you use canna coco make sure its the professional plus or you will have headache early on as a new coco grower.

What do you mean by oxypots as i use that term for individual dwc buckets? post a pic so i can see your set up if you like. If you can do it by top fed drippers you can do 2x or 3x feed daily but a hand fed is fine 1x daily. Its a hydroponic medium and must be treated as such. a 2x or 3x daily feed will pay dividends but you can still get fantastic results hand fed. Most of my gallery pics were hand fed.

My schedule is a guide only, it can be modified or adjusted. My biggest advice as far as feeding goes is to focus on building healthy roots early, if you have to budget or dont want to use all the additives, stick with the mycorrhizae and some carboload or similar to feed it.

Coco is a fantastic medium but some people have trouble first time around, get a quality ph pen and ec/ppm meter, it will make it so much easier especially if you have any problems.

I dont use aircon mate so i wouldnt be the guy to ask for that really.

Hi and welcome.

I would avoid canna if you can. It will work but its not great. I like plagron or biobizz coco, if you use canna coco make sure its the professional plus or you will have headache early on as a new coco grower.

What do you mean by oxypots as i use that term for individual dwc buckets? post a pic so i can see your set up if you like. If you can do it by top fed drippers you can do 2x or 3x feed daily but a hand fed is fine 1x daily. Its a hydroponic medium and must be treated as such. a 2x or 3x daily feed will pay dividends but you can still get fantastic results hand fed. Most of my gallery pics were hand fed.

My schedule is a guide only, it can be modified or adjusted. My biggest advice as far as feeding goes is to focus on building healthy roots early, if you have to budget or dont want to use all the additives, stick with the mycorrhizae and some carboload or similar to feed it.

Coco is a fantastic medium but some people have trouble first time around, get a quality ph pen and ec/ppm meter, it will make it so much easier especially if you have any problems.
Thank you sir for the advice its greatly appreciated. They are all super air pruning planter oxy pots, got them from amazon. I also am thinking about getting an RO Filtration system as well to be on the safe side, water here isn't the greatest. You seem to swear by the great white mycorrhizae, def will have to pick that up. As you mentioned about breaking the bank along with additives, which would you recommend? I mean theres tons of nutrient lines of course, I have also been reading about rock nutrients but not entirely sure if there organic but I see the price tags and I know I'm in for a little bit of breaking when it comes to the bank lol quality is what I'm after. Again @Cultivator thank you for your time.

No worries mate tempted to go back to fans and filters but the spidermites seem to rape me when doing that. Just noticed today quite a few fungus nats where the humidity spiked again last night I’ve setup sticky yellow traps on each plant I have neem oil but not sure exactly how to use do I spray the whole plant or pour through the root zone which seems to be the worst area?
Owe u a beer or 10 if I ever bump into ya lol

No worries mate tempted to go back to fans and filters but the spidermites seem to rape me when doing that. Just noticed today quite a few fungus nats where the humidity spiked again last night I’ve setup sticky yellow traps on each plant I have neem oil but not sure exactly how to use do I spray the whole plant or pour through the root zone which seems to be the worst area?
Owe u a beer or 10 if I ever bump into ya lol

neem wont do much for fungus gnats. if its not a raging infestation put sticky traps on a stick in each pot and allow the coco to dry out more. If its bad, use tanlin or gnat off 2 or 3x then as above. I will take you up on the beers lol.

Wow you got me on that one I have never had a problem with spider mites or gnats (knock on wood ) so I have never used it , so I am the wrong guy to be giving advise , but cultivator has it for you (good advice , he`s a pro at this growing thing ),sorry to hear man!!!

Hi cult,

Wondering if you could help out I've just done my third transplant into 10l pb bags (I have 20l buckets) but only had enough money to buy enough coco to fill my 10z I'm wondering if I wait a week then switch to flower are the pb bags going to be to small and if so will I become rootbound in flower??? Your advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi cult sorry to keep posting pics here mate but have a feeling something is not quite right still here a few of the girls were looking quite yellow compared to the rest so I flushed them today to plenty of run off I just watered down there normal feed to 1.1ec and ph was 5.9, I measured run off and ph was 5.6-5.8 on them and ec was 2.0-2.2 which is pretty much what they have been on the last week. I flipped these 12th dec so there a few days into week 4 do they look like there behind to you? I’ve been having issues with environment humidity spiking to 85% quite often with the average being around 60% temps are 25c day 19c night co2 dropped to 800ppms now lights are 900w (sorry just trying to give as much info as I can) cheers mate

Attachments

• 1A08B0FD-F828-40E6-AF01-EC6E44FDABF1.jpeg
    1A08B0FD-F828-40E6-AF01-EC6E44FDABF1.jpeg
    645.5 KB · Views: 98
  • F0261666-1F53-4047-B63F-7A5C6C742A7F.jpeg
    F0261666-1F53-4047-B63F-7A5C6C742A7F.jpeg
    677.9 KB · Views: 93
  • D7AC372C-6576-4FA0-9A75-14A2599B35FC.jpeg
    D7AC372C-6576-4FA0-9A75-14A2599B35FC.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 99
  • B0CDF0C6-0A4C-4B40-8F4A-A90D973FC990.jpeg
    B0CDF0C6-0A4C-4B40-8F4A-A90D973FC990.jpeg
    906.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 77A9BACE-DB73-487C-A9BE-0334A477F390.jpeg
    77A9BACE-DB73-487C-A9BE-0334A477F390.jpeg
    778.1 KB · Views: 86
Cheers mate I’ll see tomorrow how they look, it’s ionic coco bloom mate I follow the list you use just bumping the ec up with ionic by 0.2 at this setup also use 0.4 ec of plant magic calmag

Cult my noble, congratulations for all the commitment with this subject, the days I am reading these 66 pages and finally I have reached the end, very good content!
I live in Brazil and until now I only cultivated with soil, fertilized and inert with peat and perlite, after seeing their publications and accompanying their crops I must start a cycle this week, where I live is difficult to get good fertilizers, mine were imported and took time to come (Sensi Grow A + B, Bloom A + B and additives), I saw that you came to comment on another opportunity that the levels of potassium, lime and mag are different ...
At this moment I can not buy new nutrients specific to coconut, but to try to take with what I have bought cal - mag supplements from General Hydropnics, finally ... based on your experience, it is possible to take with the Sensi fertilizers and supplement with Cal , Mag? or it is better to follow in the peat and perlite and in a better opportunity to change everything ..

Thank you very much!
Sorry for the English, I followed all these 66 pages meticulously only using the translation

Cult my noble, congratulations for all the commitment with this subject, the days I am reading these 66 pages and finally I have reached the end, very good content!
I live in Brazil and until now I only cultivated with soil, fertilized and inert with peat and perlite, after seeing their publications and accompanying their crops I must start a cycle this week, where I live is difficult to get good fertilizers, mine were imported and took time to come (Sensi Grow A + B, Bloom A + B and additives), I saw that you came to comment on another opportunity that the levels of potassium, lime and mag are different ...
At this moment I can not buy new nutrients specific to coconut, but to try to take with what I have bought cal - mag supplements from General Hydropnics, finally ... based on your experience, it is possible to take with the Sensi fertilizers and supplement with Cal , Mag? or it is better to follow in the peat and perlite and in a better opportunity to change everything ..

Thank you very much!
Sorry for the English, I followed all these 66 pages meticulously only using the translation

Thankyou and welcome to this thread...

You could try the coco with what you have and see how it turns out. But specific coco nutrient will certainly help avoid problems. Or like you suggest you could stick with what you are doing until you have the correct parts to use coco.

Good luck and any questions just ask.

Back
Top Bottom