HigherTheHigh's Multiple Grows: Variety Of Strains

Hello all!

So iv been reading about O.G. Kush and it states its a hard plant to grow, can anyone shed some light on this?

Im glad it says it stretches 200% because there still small and will be flipped in 12 days time!

1533750838131.png

So i gave them there last watering yesterday and i plan to keep them off for 48 hours of the true test of will it make a difference, my trichomes are pretty good now but if this improves it then i may start doing this with every garden grow.

If anyone does read this could you tell me the best cure method that has worked for you?

Planning a 6 week cure then permanently jar them for me to last until next year, so im planning on using 2-3oz jars but curing 1oz of bud each with some small boveda packs, the buds are all ripe and swell, full of trichomes so i want to touch them as less as possible.

The Super Skunk i have going is okay, not the best bud structure, i will never grow this strain again, for that strain to flower perfect it need below 25c all the time, it hates anything above 25c.

The 2x Northern Lights are really nice, they started ripening up at 6 weeks old so there a few days over 8 weeks now and if my next lot of plants are like this then this will be a great garden grow, My Critical i have going is doing great, apart from i keep seeing small clumps of white like its of a spider on the buds, hoping its not bud rot but i think im going to harvest in 1 more weeks just so the ripening can fully take over the bud.

I have a full 8 plants ready to go in the 4x8, i flipped them on wednesday, but i wont class flowering day 1 until the 20th, they were supposed to come out with 16 main stems but because iv been ill and iv not had time there all mixed heights so my plan is to put to net screens up and bend the tall branches down to the first screen, so basicly a 90 degree Z, so now its going to me more like a scrog which is fine, im really hoping to hit around 50oz, theres 4 O.G. Kush & 4 Northern Lights, if they grow like my current N/L i wont get as much as 50oz but i will sure get quality, if i can pull even 35-40oz of quality bud like im growing now i will be more than happy.

The downside to this grow is my site has lost all focus so checking trichomes is a no go anymore, maybe if i had a tripod for my microscope but its basically a guess time, if only there was a cure for being broken :(.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hello.

So i harvested my Super Skunk, Northern Lights & Critical, no idea roughly whats there as 3 plants were hung up to dry with all there leaves still on, the other stuff looks like there could be around 15-20oz, so dense, cant wait to be able to finally dry trim them and notice the difference in taste after curing, im hoping for around 30oz all together, cameras not the best but the sugar leaves on these plants drying are so frosty!

Iv flipped my plants to 12/12 on the 19/08/18 but i wont be classing day one until yesterday 22/08/18, 2 of them are really tall but thats no problem as once the other harvest has dried they will be going in a 4x8 with 2 screens above them, there around 14-16" tall now, so i think a screen at 12" and another screen at 18" and i will try them all down to the same height, these pictures dont no much justice neither but each plant has between 8 & 16 main cola stems to each plant, then theres the offset branches growing so some of them could have up to 20 main stems, this was supposed to be a main line trained grow but it looks like it could end up being a fairly great scrog, they have stretched around 2" since they were flipped so they may grow to around 24" which is great for me as then i can run 3 600w hps lights above to get the most yield i can, hoping for 40-50 from this one.

Finally this is the last plants i have in veg right now, pretty upsetting knowing i wont be growing for the majority of next year, growing is certainly a way to keep your mind occupied but when i do come back to growing it wont be a small garden grow, so anyway these are my White Widow x BigBud that are around 10" tall, they will be getting put in a 4x4 tent above 1 600w hps for the first 3-4 weeks then another 600w hps above too, both in cool hoods so temperature wont be an issue, if i top them i can give them a week to recover and flip on the 30th, but i cant go past the 30th, there already in there final 12L pots too.

I have just topped my WW x BB so ill flip them on the 30th and see how well they do, 16oz is the minimum target.

So a little challenge for myself, im trying to reach a yield goal of 100, i have 15oz dry and sealed, my harvest iv just done which is not weighed, then these next two other garden grows to complete, some are saying theres the chance of 120oz but we will see.

Im looking for a few questions to be answered about O.G. Kush, iv never grown the strain and iv only got 4, there 2 days into flower but 4 days since 12/12.

Seen a few grow reports saying its a hard strain to grow and be able to get right, im running a few other strains that im semi confident with, so just wondering what people ran them at as in ppm ect.

I usually grow Northern Lights and iv sort of got that dialled in every time now, but iv noticed a few strains that dont like the N/L schedule and i dont want to be making between 20 & 40 L a day for it to not like it and its going down hill as im pushed for time and this garden grow can go max 8 weeks and 5 days in flower as iv got another tent in flower that will be finished a week later, then a week after that i will be taking everything down so i can get a few odd jobs done in the house plus i wont be growing until maybe later in 2019 so i really dont want to screw anything up with them.

There 14-16" tall manifolded with 8-20 main cola stems, yield is key with these plants and iv no idea how they yield, they will also be semi scrogged as some are quite tall but they will be tied down with no problems, no problems up to now, they were topped around 4 times but had around 3 weeks recovery time, plants have shown sex on some so no signs of stress, the picture is of both 4 N/L & OG, never tagged them as i forgot but ill be able to tear them apart when the main bud structure happens.

I think overall stretch i would like is to around 24-30" tall, in the past 4 days they have stretched 2" which could get me to around that figure then at week 3 i will be lolly popping them for only to grow buds above the screen, so the lower the screen the more room i have above the screen to be able to run 3 600w hps lights and be able to get rid of the hot stale air.

So my weigh ins are:

Critical 69g - Pefect bud structure, no grass/hay smell, hint of citrus jarred with 8g Boveda packs.

1st Northern Lights 96g - Not the biggest of plants iv yielded from bud all of the buds barring 1 or 2 are so dence and sticky.

Super Skunk - Not weighed in yet but there may be 1-15oz worth, buds are very airy, not a strain i would continue with.

Just tried the critical and i can feel the effects slowly creeping up on me.

So here are my 4 O.G. Kush & 4 Northern lights, they were supposed to be mainlined to allow for 8-20 main stems, some of them never made it to the top of the canopy in veg so iv just bent them all over and stretched them to each 16x16" each square space they have, so now its going to be more like a scrog, its there 3rd day of flower but 5th day of 12/12, so they still have 3 more weeks of stretch, i may put another canopy up only if there is some tall ones, ill tye the tall ones down but leave the rest.

There canopy is 22.5" from the floor, base of the bulb is 31" away from canopy, i can afford up to 6" of stretch but not no more, so i may have to keep training till week 2 of flower, they will be lolly popped and trimmed up to the canopy, the lower i have them the more light i can have in there, im sat at 25c at the moment with 2x 600w hps lights running but im hoping it gets colder outside then ill be able to add another 600w giving them 1800w of hps, i dont know what the yield of a good 4x8 tent is so i wouldnt know what to compare with, im planning on putting a floor fan under the canopy to keep everywhere fresh im looking for opinions on good oscillating 12" fans for the canopy, preferably a quiet one, when you sleep in the same room as these you forget what silence is :laugh:.

But my end goal is to be able to produce high quality connoisseur quality buds as well as yield, my target is 50oz give or take a few oz, they will also be getting a 14-20 day flush, im also going to try keep the plants slightly on the needing Nitrogen so they stay a light green colour from week 5, heard mixed stories saying its so when companies flush them in the end they get an even better finish, iv also heards its just so they dont get some phenos that may end up having problems, but i definitly will think of leaving my ppm level between 700-750 all the way through, just so they just get enough, so when i come to flush for 14 days ill know for sure iv done my best.

So there in there now and the lights between 31 &28" away from them, should i lover it down or keep it that height and let them do the work or will i get better bud stacking if i lower them down so i get bigger colas?

So here are my 4 O.G. Kush & 4 Northern lights, they were supposed to be mainlined to allow for 8-20 main stems, some of them never made it to the top of the canopy in veg so iv just bent them all over and stretched them to each 16x16" each square space they have, so now its going to be more like a scrog, its there 3rd day of flower but 5th day of 12/12, so they still have 3 more weeks of stretch, i may put another canopy up only if there is some tall ones, ill tye the tall ones down but leave the rest.

There canopy is 22.5" from the floor, base of the bulb is 31" away from canopy, i can afford up to 6" of stretch but not no more, so i may have to keep training till week 2 of flower, they will be lolly popped and trimmed up to the canopy, the lower i have them the more light i can have in there, im sat at 25c at the moment with 2x 600w hps lights running but im hoping it gets colder outside then ill be able to add another 600w giving them 1800w of hps, i dont know what the yield of a good 4x8 tent is so i wouldnt know what to compare with, im planning on putting a floor fan under the canopy to keep everywhere fresh im looking for opinions on good oscillating 12" fans for the canopy, preferably a quiet one, when you sleep in the same room as these you forget what silence is :laugh:.

But my end goal is to be able to produce high quality connoisseur quality buds as well as yield, my target is 50oz give or take a few oz, they will also be getting a 14-20 day flush, im also going to try keep the plants slightly on the needing Nitrogen so they stay a light green colour from week 5, heard mixed stories saying its so when companies flush them in the end they get an even better finish, iv also heards its just so they dont get some phenos that may end up having problems, but i definitly will think of leaving my ppm level between 700-750 all the way through, just so they just get enough, so when i come to flush for 14 days ill know for sure iv done my best.

So there in there now and the lights between 31 &28" away from them, should i lover it down or keep it that height and let them do the work or will i get better bud stacking if i lower them down so i get bigger colas?

I’ve grown OG Kush a bunch of times in soil. I don’t know much about hydro but in soil they are easy plants. My last grow I had trained and topped the crap out of them and they got away from me. Don’t remember exactly how tall they were when I put into flower, but they grew past my lights to about 7’. I bent them a lot but the bent tops were my best, denses colas yet. Don’t have a weight on them yet.

I have some in veg now but I have let them get away from me because I have been so busy at work. Slowing now so I’ll get to work training them.
After the ones in veg go into flower I’m going to grow 5 OG Kush and 5 Northern lights I think.

Just bend the crap out of them!
:passitleft:

Hello @Jax Rider

I think i will let them grow for a week then see where we are at, may just keep tying down and fill in the gaps.

Yeah i love the Northern Lights strain, old school and still a very beautiful smoke, you can achieve good yields if grown properly im hoping the Kush can produce well.

I cant wait to add more light to it, when do you think the best time to add it would be? week 3-4 maybe?

Aiming for 50oz, iv had 21oz from a 4x4 from northern lights and the never had much training, these have really thick stems so im hoping for big colas, iv heard people yielding 60oz with scrogs but no idea how much truth is in it but there are some great growers out there!

Im hoping i can, im running them till there 8 weeks in flower but i can always wait a little longer for the perfect finish.

At least this could be a god way to test light and yield ect.

Another problem i have is im pushed for money and dont have enough for another fan as yet, i have an oscillating 360 fan but it will be in the way of my middle light, if i stick it at one end of the tent it means buds are going to be getting direct wind all the time in one spot, i have another fan i could change the fan blades to a smaller size but they may not fit and its a bit wary to know im playing with blades :laugh:.

So im 7 days from 12/12 but 5 days of flower im classing it as.

So my mainlined plants turned into a scrog which i would say is a good 70% filled, iv left around 100-150mm around the tent for when the tent walls suck in, iv got another 2 weeks of stretch left, im thinking of seeing where we are in a few more days then keep filling the empty spaces then i will have a full scrog all at the same canopy height then when there 3 weeks old i will trim under the canopy and only allow buds above the canopy to be grown, this should ensure a lot more energy to the top buds.

Temps are at 25c which is great, i have 2 new fans coming soon to help with more air movement as well as im hoping the better air movement will help with the 3rd 600w hps thats going in.

Hello all so iv been and purchased some of hps light spreaders as they spread the light but apparently they act as a heat synk and take from 1-2c heat away from being emitted, if this is true then i will be able to run all 3 600w hps lights at the same time, will get some pics up today of how the scrog is doing, the other 8 WWxBB are still only short and they have been put into flower, i think ill be lucky if i get 2oz per plant but i think that the plants will be more quality that quantity.

So these are 10 days from 12/12 flip and 7 days in flower from tomorrow.

Showing pre flowers already which are quite big for the size, i know the pictures arent the best but after the 3 week i will trim them all up like the one in the picture, ever square has a bud site which is great, 2 weeks left of stretch will hopefully get the rest of the lower growth to stretch.

Back
Top Bottom