How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

I'll try the covo, I bought the substrate today and tomorrow I'll start, what point of attention should I be more concerned with the Sensi line?
I will follow the previous tips and first use the cal mag, the rest I will do as if it were hydroponic.

They look fine to me mate, just a little hungry. its likely environmental. Sativas can be a pain to grow indoors. What base nute are you using?

Hi cultivator. I don't know If you remember but I had a problem with purple stems that were woody.

Like you say it's calmag or environment or both. I got a digital hygrometer to see, and after controlling the temp and humidity better the new growth was okay.

I tried 2 cal mags now, Advanced sensi mag and atami. The plants prefer the advanced.

Thanks for sharing about the ionic bloom, I switched over from canna.

read a few pages in but lots to read lol
cult i have a question regarding water actually, you use RO water, i dont have a ro sustem at home but i use and drink distilled water, artificially distilled but still live moving clean water :)
how will plants react with distilled water over tap or ro? i have a ppm pen but never checked my current tap or distilled since moving.

read a few pages in but lots to read lol
cult i have a question regarding water actually, you use RO water, i dont have a ro sustem at home but i use and drink distilled water, artificially distilled but still live moving clean water :)
how will plants react with distilled water over tap or ro? i have a ppm pen but never checked my current tap or distilled since moving.

Just my 2 cents.
My tap is 800 plus ppm and my RO was 5 ppm when I purchased it. I spoke with the folks at Canna USA and they suggested I mix enough tap to RO to bring the ppm to 120, then begin adding nutes. I have since purchased an RO unit that put Ca and Mag back into the RO for flavor and they makes my RO water approx 50, I add Cal/Magic and Epsom to bring the up to my desired point.
You should check both the make an adjustment.

tested my tap water
C133848E-B7B1-43B9-9032-1A57464D9E6B.jpeg
69FE9CDC-6DD5-4FD6-A858-A6334092AD0D.jpeg

2nd one is ec sorry not too clear

i like ionic for flower and AN for veg. either is good.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Is the ionic bloom the same as the ionic coco bloom? I am having a hard time finding ionic coco bloom. Here we s a picture

If the ionic bloom is not the same as ionic coco bloom, are there any other one part bloom bases that would follow @Cultivator feed ppm schedule?

Is the ionic bloom the same as the ionic coco bloom? I am having a hard time finding ionic coco bloom. Here we s a picture

Cultivator and guests...

I bought into AN Micro Grow Bloom. Although this schedule calls for a 1-part Bloom mix, I want to use up what I have because I'm switching nutes to GreenPlanet.
I've seen videos where mention was made of altering the amounts of the grow and bloom parts to suit veg and bloom periods. Do you have any suggestions for this? Ultimately, do you suggest I just use them for veg and buy some 1-part bloom?
:Rasta:

Cultivator and guests...

I bought into AN Micro Grow Bloom. Although this schedule calls for a 1-part Bloom mix, I want to use up what I have because I'm switching nutes to GreenPlanet.
I've seen videos where mention was made of altering the amounts of the grow and bloom parts to suit veg and bloom periods. Do you have any suggestions for this? Ultimately, do you suggest I just use them for veg and buy some 1-part bloom?
Great question. I am curious too

Yeah I use veg nutes in flower all the time. Especially when I'm trying to finish off the last of a jug. As long as the NPK ratio is good and ph in an acceptable range you're golden.

This may require a small bit of P.K booster but it should work just fine.

Also just wanted to say what's up cult. It has been a little while and thought I'd cruise thru and say high. Hope all is well for you cross the pond!

Thanks MadDabber, but I'm not sure you got the meat of my question...

I'm asking about adjusting the 3 part solution during flower. It just seems to me that the mix should have more of the bloom during flower, but the directions don't reflect that. I have seen mention of adjustment, but didn't take note at the time and want an experienced opinion on it.

I think what you're telling me, is to use as directed and add a PK booster.
But, could I achieve that by just upping the bloom in my mix?
:hmmmm:

Thanks MadDabber, but I'm not sure you got the meat of my question...

I'm asking about adjusting the 3 part solution during flower. It just seems to me that the mix should have more of the bloom during flower, but the directions don't reflect that. I have seen mention of adjustment, but didn't take note at the time and want an experienced opinion on it.

I think what you're telling me, is to use as directed and add a PK booster.
But, could I achieve that by just upping the bloom in my mix?
:hmmmm:
Sorry for the confusion there friend! But yes. So originally the AN 3 part formula suggested different amounts of of the bloom in flower, but they have since altered their formula to make it "easier" for growers. Well easier doesn't always mean better.... so the answer to your question is yes. You dont have to up bloom but when using that product in flower I did.

Just a thought too remember flip doesn't mean flower. During that stretching phase I often continue my normal veg feedings and slowly introduce some terpinator (k booster) and then pk booster. Once preflowers show I'll switch out my grow jug for bloom (I'm running remo now so a little different). But ultimately this would be when you really start to up the bloom with the 3 part.

How much of each are you running now? And how many days past flip are you?

MadDabber...

Thank you and curse you at the same time...:hmmmm:

So, now you're telling me you go by a 3 phase regiment, veg/stretch/flower.
Thought processes changing... I have a headache now.
Ultimately, what you're saying makes total sense.
The extra attention to do what you suggest is not a problem,
we all know the flower tent gets maximum attention!
So, when do you count your bloom weeks by, flip or pre-flower?
I'm intrigued by your method of staged intro of k-booster then pk-booster during stretch.
Do you have a detailed feed schedule on here somewhere, alt could you please make one?
I think I like the idea of just running regular on the 3part and adding boosters.

Currently no girls in flower yet, why I wanna know now.
I mix for a 4L jug, it calls for 2ml/L of each, but I'm only putting 6ml total, kinda 75%.
I then use Ph5.8 CalMag'd water to dilute to my chosen EC.
It calls for that same 2ml/L for both veg and bloom.

Once you have the Terpinator and the pk-boost in, do you keep them till the end?

Thanks for the info btw, I feel the force is strong in you...

MadDabber...

Thank you and curse you at the same time...:hmmmm:

So, now you're telling me you go by a 3 phase regiment, veg/stretch/flower.
Thought processes changing... I have a headache now.
Ultimately, what you're saying makes total sense.
The extra attention to do what you suggest is not a problem,
we all know the flower tent gets maximum attention!
So, when do you count your bloom weeks by, flip or pre-flower?
I'm intrigued by your method of staged intro of k-booster then pk-booster during stretch.
Do you have a detailed feed schedule on here somewhere, alt could you please make one?
I think I like the idea of just running regular on the 3part and adding boosters.

Currently no girls in flower yet, why I wanna know now.
I mix for a 4L jug, it calls for 2ml/L of each, but I'm only putting 6ml total, kinda 75%.
I then use Ph5.8 CalMag'd water to dilute to my chosen EC.
It calls for that same 2ml/L for both veg and bloom.

Once you have the Terpinator and the pk-boost in, do you keep them till the end?

Thanks for the info btw, I feel the force is strong in you...

Hey no worries I love to help out when and where I can.

My ways arent perfect or an exact science.... I count the days from flip, but feed them according to what "phase" I believe them to be in at that time. That being said I run on 11 13 in flower so my stretch phase is slightly shortened as well as the entire bloom cycle by about a week.

Soooo 4 liters is about a gallon, and that's what I go off so this should be easy. First and foremost never use the full does prescribed by the manufacturer, it's just their way to get you to buy more product and or burn your plants / lock them out in flower. It's been a few cycles since I ran the AN 3 part. But I think I was like 6.6.6 in the end of flower. As in 6 ml of each grow micro and bloom per 4 liters ( or 1 gallon).

In coco I always add my cal mag first. I'm not sure if the practice your using was suggested by cult, but If it was I'm sure it's super solid advice. Ideally, in cock, you want to add 150 to 200 TDs of cal mag always. Veg and flower. In stretch I'll bump whatever I have them set at by 50. (Sorry I dont use ec, I know I should).
Then I add my base nutes, i.e. 6 ml of each. And whatever else.

So let's address some more of the questions and concerns you had...

Here is acesino feed guide. He runs GH I think, but the NPK ratio is still applicable.

The formula is pretty straight forward... every jug has the 3 numbers. Multiply the number of Mililiters by each NP K value. So for cal mag of 3.0.0 fed at 5 ml per gallon your get 15.0.0 if your using a one part fertilizer with that, say 3.3.5 also at 5 ml per gallon your have 15.15.25.

The total npk rqtio for your mixture is now 30.15.25 or...

3 - 1.5 - 2.5

The less number of products the tougher it is to dial into these ratios. But with your 3 part and a simple PK booster such as liquid kool bloom (cheap and effective at 0.10.10) and the required cal mag you can hit those numbers easy!

And I'm not saying cults recipe isnt great, but if you find yourself with a different set of nutes, this is a great guideline. That also being said it's probably best to follow a proven system like cults if your just beginning, it tried and true, and worth learning.

Hope this helped. I'm pretty busy during the week but feel free to PM me if you have any questions and someone isnt around to help.

Oh I forgot. Yes I used the terpinator the entire time after flip. I start at 3 ml and end at 15. Same with the pk booster. Just start with a little and work your way up. Ec will be your best.friend but as always read the plants. Not easy to do until you've grown a bunch but theyll let you know if they are unhappy. And as always environment is always your #1 priority. Even cult can attest to that!

Hi Cultivator nice growing tips that i needed. I have some questions, i started in coco pellets and used 0.2ec calmag after the seeds came out of the pellets and showed roots i transplanted the seeds into canna coco and the problems started to begin the seedlings stop growing after the transplant, i use advanced nutrients sensi coco and used 1ml/l a+b grow=0.6ec but they didnt grow and the roots didnt grow also. I see you are using calmag and i didnt used it i got a bottle but at advanced nutrients they say you dont need it because the sensi coco have plenty of calcium in it. Im not sure what im doing wrong the seedlings started to turn yellow is this because of a calmag deficiency? How is your watering practice? People told me to water the coco daily so i did that and i am not sure if its a calmag problem or overwatering, i transplanted the seeds into a bigger pot so the coco is not too wet but i cant see any root growth :( its my first time in coco and i got always great results in soil plus beautiful nice roots but in coco something goes wrong. Hope you can help me if its calmag deficiency or a overwatering Problem :( and you say after your first transplant you use 0.3 calmag and 1.0 advanced nutrients grow micro bloom, should i up my base nutes and add calmag 0.3? And sorry for the stupid question and my english is not the best but i dont understand the first transplant you are using 0.3ec calmag and 1.0 base nutes so this would be an ec of 1.3right?

This plant looks really yellow but dont know if its overwatering or calmag or a base nute deficiency, advanced nutrients say you have to use 2ml/l for plants with 3-4 true leafs so i only added the 1ml/l and no calmag, the plants were in a smaller pot yesterday and they were really wet i did a transplant and saw only one or two roots. In the new pots i did some clay pebbles at the bottom and it drained way better as the last small pots i used without the pebbles

Should i up the base nutes or adding calmag? Maybe the plants got problems because the small pots didnt drain as well as the bigger pots filled with clay pebbles and the roots got overwatering symptoms because the coco had no oxygen in it and i could see the top of the coco was so wet but now in the new pots the coco dont look that wet as in the small pots

Attachments

• DSC_0060.JPG
    DSC_0060.JPG
    652.2 KB · Views: 163
Back
Top Bottom