How to Make Hash

when they say "fine trimmings" is that finely trimmed pot? or the leaves and stems? or could it be ether? if both kinds which 1 works better ?

Fine as in "high-quality" lol. The buds that you'd consider "cooking buds" from your harvest would work well, as well as the trimmed bud leaves.

Fan leaves and stems won't work as well since the amount of actives is minuscule compared to bud or even the leaves trimmed from it - but they will work. If you're going to use stems though I would sit down with a Hefty bag full of them and a sharp razor blade and shave (as thinly as possible) the outermost layer of the stems - the rest of the stem is pretty much useless for this.

Now I've seen the second video, and I think I like this one even better. Now to find a carpenter's claw...

Home Depot-bound, I guess...

Thanks, guys!!! :blunt: :blunt:

hahahahaha yeh lol

if any of u make hash then can you please tell me what they use to bulk out the really crap hash u buy, this method seems very pure and how it should be, years ago we made sum called squigy black and that smoked nice, not into comercial hash but smoked it a lot in my teenage years just wondered what crap they bulk it up with and how they make it, ive heard they used old vinol records and bits of plastic, many a time i av pulled clear plastic out the middle of my hash, thats why i dont touch it anymore unless its home made, great vid

So a quick question. I have had hash before and with just a couple puffs I was done, and refused more. (this was several years ago and was a bit younger). so, If I were to make my own, say using a nickle, or half-o. I would gring it all up and sort it all to collect the trichomes. Therefore is all of the bud left unfiltered basically rendered useless? Or can you still burn it and get some effect from it? :peace:

I am surprised that so many people didn't know how to make hash. I use some small popcorn and airy buds to make mine. I use a kief box, which i got many years ago. Mine has 1 screen but some have two screens. Like a 400 micron and a 250 under that, to make finer hash, and that falls onto glass underneath. A old school quick way to compress it into hash is i put the kief onto wax paper, fold it up and tape it shut. Then i put it into the heel of my shoe and walk on it for a while. The weight and heat from you will melt and compress it. It's quick and works well. But for the best hash i would go with bubble bags. If you have enough to make it it's worth your wild.

:allgood: Flip

ive not tried it myself yet, but ive been keeping all the good trim and small buds off my last few harvest, ill be trying the ice and water method with the bags, you need to research what size bags you want micron wise, their is a point where the bags get to small and you end up with all the broken trichomes so the hash is not as good, so their is a cut off point, i mean you can buy a pack of 5 bags and put these bags inside each other, then fill with really cold water, then add plenty of ice, then use a electric whisk or something similar to agitate the water and ice and trim, keep doing this then you lift the bags out and the main bag will hold all the bigger bits of leaf and bud that you no longer want, then when you rinse out each bag into the bag below it will collect the plant matter of each size and this will then give you 4 or 5 different grades of hash depending on the micron size of the bags,

the best thing you can do is search for guides on how to make hash, or check out and search for jorge cervants dvds and download one of these, he has a great section in their and shows you step by step how to make hash and he tests each pile he gets out of each bag and then he tells you which he thinks is the best size to use, you could buy just 1 bag and do it like that, but buying more bags will collect more hash at different grades, all smokable but it depends what your prefer

I am surprised that so many people didn't know how to make hash. I use some small popcorn and airy buds to make mine. I use a kief box, which i got many years ago. Mine has 1 screen but some have two screens. Like a 400 micron and a 250 under that, to make finer hash, and that falls onto glass underneath. A old school quick way to compress it into hash is i put the kief onto wax paper, fold it up and tape it shut. Then i put it into the heel of my shoe and walk on it for a while. The weight and heat from you will melt and compress it. It's quick and works well. But for the best hash i would go with bubble bags. If you have enough to make it it's worth your wild.

:allgood: Flip
nice avatar, I remember the comercial when they were advertising the record:)
and thats an interesting way to press your hash. I'am not sure mine would taste very good after that. but on the bright side, it would be all mine cause I dont think anyone would want to share it with me:hmmmm:

I have a question about the screens to use. How many microns screen is best to use? I know 400 and 250 is mentioned in the conversaiont in this thread. Is that found to be the best size in others opinion?
Thought the video was great. But yeah, I know what plastic can do when heated (estrogen release), and I don't want that in my body. I'm a dude. Make you get big hard nips. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom