Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

re: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

Lookin good Ice...

Got a couple of questions... that foliar feed you're using, are you doing that in a High Brix kinda fashion? and if so could that be the reason your plants respond so well to the led's being as close as they are?

Thanks,
Raz

I am using a lab designed foliar spray(s) that are for the purpose of high brix growing but I don't believe it really has anything to do with the foliar sprays.

I measured the Umol output of the lights at their distance and they are putting out anywhere from 800-1000 umol at the distance I have them at. I added CO2 fermentation because the amount of light used by the plant can only go so high before it actually slows the plants growth, unless CO2 is added in which then more light can be used :)

So I think it may have to do with that, but really the Umol that they are recieving now is only about 1/2 of what the sun puts out...which is generally around 2000 umol.

I've been keeping my lights about 26" away. I'm not doing a foliar feed, right now. My plants seem to be doing very well. I am using the gen1 114 watt x 2 in a 4x4 room

On the way over to your journal now :) So far I am very happy as well with the Intelligent Gro lights :)

Subbed!
:popcorn:

This is so high tech, taking it to the limit and beyond :bravo:

:thumb:

Hey EightyFour!! Welcome to my journal :)

Definitely I was hooked on the technology in these lights, being able to make custom spectrum and all :)

Ice didn't you have a grow where you had the Mars II go head to head with the Intel Gro Led's?

Raz

No I haven't done one yet, I would like to in the future but it will be a while before I can have the room to do it. I have to reduce the amount of strains I have first.

I definitely would love to see the difference though and its a thought for the future.

On the way over to your journal now :) So far I am very happy as well with the Intelligent Gro lights :)
I haven't done much in my journal lately. The clones have been giving me issues. Although I think I have a few that are going to work this time lol. Hope to start updating soon. Also haven't been feeling well enough to complete the flower room yet, of my grow room. I might get a mother tent, and just use my veg room for this grow.

Ice I have another question for you... I can't find any dimensions on the reflector 96x3 would it fit in a 3x2 cabinet, I'm looking to buy another light for my second cabinet?
Thanks,
Raz

There you go:

Dimension:559x264x50mm

more info from TopLED website

I have a 2.5x2.5 (80x80cm) tent and it fits perfect with some spare cm's on each side

I hope this helps

Here is just a quick photo update of the girls in veg.

Yesterday I untied all the LST strings and let the girls reach up for the scrog screen and most of them are touching it already. I haven't given them any foliar sprays in a few days and so I am just feeding them about 1 cup of compost tea a day, per pot for now and they really seem to like it :)

Other than that nothing else really to update on other than they are growing fast! I am guessing 3-4 weeks tops to fill up the screen, but we will see :)

I adjusted the lights to allow the tops of the plants to get around 800-1000 Umol by using my PAR meter and added a 3rd CO2 fermentation jug into the tent, as well as refilled the others with new water and sugar. I have to say the first 3 to 4 days after refilling the jugs, wow are the bubbles active. After I am done in my tent every day I give them a good shake and CO2 pours out the lids, and then I close up the tent.

Here are today's photos.

IMG_0001143.JPG
IMG_0002152.JPG
IMG_0005150.JPG
IMG_0006135.JPG
IMG_0007123.JPG
IMG_0009120.JPG
IMG_0010116.JPG
IMG_001393.JPG
IMG_001490.JPG
IMG_001894.JPG
IMG_002176.JPG
IMG_002373.JPG
IMG_002470.JPG
IMG_002774.JPG

Icemud, looking great and green! :)

Thanks DrZiggy! I can't believe how fast they are growing, and seems like really tight internode spacing as well. So far the Generation 2 is impressing me a lot!

CTlite!!!!!! Stop stealing my photos from 420 Magazine!!!!!!!! I have now asked you 5x to stop taking my photos and using them on your websites, brochures and any other advertising mediums, and yet they keep getting stolen and found on your websites!!!

I know you (CTLite) are watching my journals!!!! STOP STEALING MY PHOTOS!!!

Quick update everyone.....
------------

I checked my grow tent today to see the girls..and I noticed that one of the whole modules went out on my light on the left side of my tent. The whole module was blinking about 1x per second, but not staying on. I have a feeling that the controller is at fault, so I immediately unplugged the controller, turned the light off, then back on....and the module then was working???!! not sure why the controller was causing it to fail, but at least I know that for whatever reason, with the controller unplugged the light works.

So I will contact Dave at Intelligent Gro and see what can be done for a resolution. Dave is a great guy when it comes to making sure his customers are pleased, so I have a feeling that he will help me deal with both of these issues right away. This also happened to the light on the right side of the tent, I replaced the driver which was overnighted to me right away by Intelligent Gro, and it seemed to be operating fine since then, even though on a couple occasions when adjusting the individual intensity channels, the light would "act up" and when controller was removed it would perform normally. Hence this is why I think there may be something going on with the controller and the way that it modulates the currents or something when modifying the intensities of the channels.

Either way I am sure that the issue will be resolved. (with the controller unplugged, all lights are operating normally)

So I want to make a disclaimer.... I try my hardest to be accurate with my reviews, grows, journals and "test grows" and this is why my journal entries may not always be going smoothly and that some posts may seem "negative" or like I'm complaining. I want to mention that the only reason I report all things accurately as known at the time of posting, is to educate other consumers exactly what I am dealing with, how products are working, reliability, customer service and really to highlight my whole experience using a certain product. I feel this is the only way to maintain my integrity of doing detailed work, is to report the actual findings whether good or bad... I feel I owe this to the community who helped me learn how to grow, and believes in my journals and works here at 420 Magazine! I love this forum, love all you members, and want to make sure my credibility is where it needs to be, and always has and will be held in the highest regard :)
(I just felt I had to share this so people are aware of my intentions).

So now to the update....

The Intelligent Gro Lights are doing an amazing job at vegging my plants! I mean they literally are growing inches a day right now and I have already started to Scrog. The Generation 2 lights seem to be producing much tighter internodes than the generation 1 Intelligent Gro's and I am really excited to see how they perform in flowering as well :) I mean my Generation 1's are doing a amazing job already for flowering, so with the higher Umol of the Gen 2, I can't wait to see what is in store :) I am really hoping to hit that 1lb mark! (not that I really care about the quantity, but more as a personal goal)

I have continued to water the girls about ever other day, with just 1-2 cups of compost tea or I really should say (soil water) which is all it is, a nylon full of soil, bubbled with r/o water and no other additives....ppm is around 55ppm.

They really seem to like the new feeding schedule of more frequent feedings but much less volume, and the soil seems to stay less saturated and dryer this way. :)

Well here are the photos of my girls...

image00123.jpg
image00222.jpg
image00322.jpg
image00419.jpg
image00523.jpg
image00617.jpg
image00718.jpg

I was just scrolling back 1 day and looked at the photos...wow, look at the back middle plant... 1st photo is yesterday, 2nd photo is today! Wow!! thats growth!

Yesterday
IMG_0005150.JPG

Today
image00419.jpg

Hey everyone!!

Wow, the holiday weekend is coming up fast!!! Sweet!!! love Independence Day!!!

So I found a local clone dispensary that has the real Ken's Grandaddy Purple as well as a few other strains I have wanted, so I placed an order and should be getting 1x of each of these for one of my next grows coming up :) I swear I'm a genetics hoarder! LOL I think this will bring my number up to about 14 strains on hand :) lol Anyhow I'm getting 1x: granddaddy purple, blue dream, purple eurkle, and Churchberry which is a cross of blueberry and church.. sounds good to me :)

So my current grow is going great and the Intelligent Gro 2 lights are really making these ladies grow fast :) I can't wait to see this screen full and by the way things are going it shouldn't take long. I have been just giving them 1-2 cups of water every other day and nothing else for the past few weeks and they really like it :)

So here are the photos for today :)

IMG_0001146.JPG
IMG_0002156.JPG
IMG_0003160.JPG
IMG_0006139.JPG
IMG_0007126.JPG
IMG_0008120.JPG
IMG_0009122.JPG
IMG_0010117.JPG
IMG_0011104.JPG
IMG_001293.JPG

Back in the "old days", before LED lighting, I always assumed that both "sides" of the screen were angled upward to allow the plants to curve around a single, cylindrically shaped light source. With your three LED panels providing what is essentially a single, flat plane of light, I humbly submit that you might be better served by changing to a flat screen. This would allow all plants to be equidistant from the light source without resorting to angling the outside edges of the two side LED panels upward and inward. While you would loose the use of the outermost row or two of openings on both sides of the screen, maintaining the desired distance between the light source and ALL of the plants should be greatly simplified. Keeping in mind the increased production that results from keeping the light as close as possible to the plants across the entire canopy, I suspect that the resulting improvement in the consistency of light would offset the loss of flowers due to the reduction of screen "real estate".

OPINIONS?

Back
Top Bottom