Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

re: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

Little babies still! But growing up fast.

You ever use white balance on your pictures to get rid of purple glow? Most cameras nowadays have setting for it.

Never used it but I will give it a try :) thanks for the suggestion!

Custom white balance is the way to go, IMO, it allows you to see what the plants would look like in natural light.

I have noticed things in my pics that I did not see under the LEDs before, like minor deficiencies, but since i got the 'LED glasses' that does same thing it has helped a lot.

Just a suggestion, some like the purple glow :)

On another note, I got a reply back from David when asking if these lights made in USA, they are not. But what he said is done stateside is a WIDE array of quality checks, that is indeed an added value. (well assuming claims are true, I have no reason not to believe, besides my general skepticism of LED makers in general, which really sucks for those that do have 'morals')

Hey Crawdaddy, do those LED glasses really work? At 70$ a pop (I think it was that much maybe higher) are they really worth it? Seems like regular UV sunglasses could do the trick, but what do I know I've only been under LED's for a week or so now. Plus I've only seem to find one company that sells them.

Thanks,
Raz

Hey Crawdaddy, do those LED glasses really work? At 70$ a pop (I think it was that much maybe higher) are they really worth it? Seems like regular UV sunglasses could do the trick, but what do I know I've only been under LED's for a week or so now. Plus I've only seem to find one company that sells them.

Thanks,
Raz

Well i got the $70($79 i think from memory) pair, and they do REAL good job of color balance and protecting eyes. Before i was using regular dark sun glasses and still started to get 'headaches' after looking at plants under light for more then a minute. With these my time under lights seems unlimited.

There are other 'cheap' versions out there, but I have not used, others have and said color correction was ok but still 'off'.

For me it was worth the money, but i have bad eyes(and history of Macular, spelling, Degeneration in family) and am paranoid about making them worse.

NO ONE should be looking at plants under LED (OR HPS for that matter) without eye protection of some kind.

Edit: found post where i 'reviewed'(not a scientific review so quotes), Crawdaddy's 4'X4' Grow Tents w/Mars II 240X5W LED

Buy yourself some welding glasses or green lens safety glasses with UV protection. You'll pay under $10 and they work a treat :)

Great suggestion Skunnymonster.

The color correction provided by industrial safety gear will not be accurate as with the vastly more expensive LED glasses but some type of eye protection should be considered an absolute necessity when we are exposed to such bright lights.

Those who governed us have often used the fear of blindness to prevent us from participating in another really enjoyable endeavour. Let's not get ourselves into a situation where we are forced to worry about the very real possibility of vision damage from growing.

The color correction provided by industrial safety gear will not be accurate as with the vastly more expensive LED glasses but some type of eye protection should be considered an absolute necessity when we are exposed to such bright lights.

Those who governed us have often used the fear of blindness to prevent us from participating in another really enjoyable endeavour. Let's not get ourselves into a situation where we are forced to worry about the very real possibility of vision damage from growing.

This might be off topic or out of context of this thread, But dude, I love you name :rofl:

Thanks,
Raz

I use a brand called UVEX which are designed for people in hazardous jobs, they have UV protection, not sure about IR, but also have some shading to them to tone down the brightness. They don't correct the color that I am seeing, but definitely protect my eyes. I would highly recommend anyone working with HID or LED lighting to at least wear sunglasses with UV protection.... our eyes are the only ones we have :)

Buy yourself some welding glasses or green lens safety glasses with UV protection. You'll pay under $10 and they work a treat :)

Good suggestion, I use a brand called UVEX and they I think are pretty cheap to buy. You can find them at any construction or welding supplier. I actually used to wear the same ones when I did road construction years ago, made with ballistic rated and shatterproof lenses.

Most LED lights have different spectrums so getting a perfect match for colour balance would be a lottery to be honest. To reverse a mainly red spectrum you need green which is a mixture of blue & yellow, If you have a light with lots of blues in a full spectrum panel then more yellow is needed which basically lightens the shade of green.
I'm currently using shade 5 welding glasses which have 100% UV & IR protection. To anyone using LED lights this is of paramount importance, protect your eyes to make LED gardening safe.

I use a brand called UVEX which are designed for people in hazardous jobs, they have UV protection, not sure about IR, but also have some shading to them to tone down the brightness. They don't correct the color that I am seeing, but definitely protect my eyes. I would highly recommend anyone working with HID or LED lighting to at least wear sunglasses with UV protection.... our eyes are the only ones we have :)

This is true mate, your eyes are very precious & LED's will ruin them in no time. If you have IR diodes in your lights, I'd recommend you get a pair which protects for both.
Welding shades do a decent correction job due to the green lenses. I bought shade 5's & I'd say they're just a bit too dark, the next time I buy some I'll go for a shade 3 :peace:

Hey everyone...I have a little surprise that I wanted to share!!!

I recently found a Apogee Par meter for an excellent price on fleabay, so I decided to get it. I am definitely one who loves gagets and things like this so I thought is was a perfect addition to my kill a watt meter, and IR thermometer for testing panels and lights.

I am so excited to have one, and have been wanting one for quite some time now, so now I have one :) and it arrived today!!!

It may take me a few days to get situated with time to do accurate readings at certain distances, but I will definitely be testing all of my LED panels, as well as my HID lights to compare readings/results :)

I figure this is just one more way that I can help the 420 community validate claims by lighting companies.

IMG_0001134.JPG
IMG_0002143.JPG
IMG_0003148.JPG
IMG_0004139.JPG

I would like to see you post your reading with the Apogee Par meter.

Coming very shortly, just waiting for the utube video to render...

Here is the Par Meter readings that I did for the 270w model.

Sorry the video was not as good of quality as other's I have done. It was hard to do this one on the fly, holding the camera, par meter, and making sure that everything was being captured on video.

Enjoy!

I will do more official videos in the next week or so when I figure out where I can have the space to do full light footprint vs Par readings.

Back
Top Bottom