Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

re: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

Such an awesome and informative grow journal. Subbing this and can't wait to see how the lghts perform!

Damn those lights are bright, I almost went blind just by looking at the pictures.

Anyway, I'm excited to be here from the very start. Wish you the best of luck to reach 1LB, oh no wait Skill > Luck so you're all set :thumb:

Peace :peace:

Yeah they are extremely bright... everytime I am working in the tent I have to wear my UV protective glasses, otherwise the light is almost painful to my eyes (which are very sensitive to bright lights anyways). I will do my best to rock these lights out and try for that 1lb goal :) or hopefully more :)

Hey Light Addict!!! Glad you could make it! Welcome!!!

Sub....AWESOME.....never lose your love & desire.....remember the good....learn from the bad
Stay happy.... and you'll never get sad.. Stay green my friend, enjoy, thank you for sharing and CARING.

Hey Buddpell!!! Thank you so much for the awesome inspiring words!! true lessons on life right there :) Thank you so much for sharing those with me and for being here to participate in this journal :) I have high hopes so lets see if I can get to my goal :)

Subbed :) I'm dying to know if one of these is worth 3x the price of a Mars II 400w, the proof is in the pudding, so they say, but in this case it'll be the nugs :)
Good luck man :peace:

Well I definitely am curious as well! I know the Mars II did an OK job for me, but just seeing the PAR readings of the I-Gro almost double that of the Mars II, I am hoping for amazing results. With almost double the photon's released from these Igro lights, I think that I should see some great results.... man... I want a strain called pudding, that tastes like pudding, chocolate please!! :) hahah I will do my best to test these lights out...

I may even consider future side by sides of both, but it will be a long way out because I have a few other projects I need to do once my other grow tent is clear. Gotta make seeds :)

Nice salesmanship. I'm in :)

Hey Pantagruel!!! Welcome, make yourself some room, grab some herb and blaze it up :) Hopefully I can put on a good show which is why I chose to do the V-Scrog...(seems to be popular) :)

Glad you could be here, welcome!

Subscribed. Thank you for the invitation! I am very happy you have the opportunity to review the Intelligent Gro 2 LED panels and excited to see your results. The actual wattage of all 3x Intelligent Gro 2 LED 270 watts is 522 actual watts, what is your grow area size? What was the actual wattage of the Intelligent Gro 1 LED panels you used if your Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing And Review and your gram per watt efficiency? Can you list the spectrum's of the LED's that are used in the Intelligent Gro 2 LED panels? Do you know if there are multiple sets of individually controlled LED panels, would the remotes use different frequency's so they do not work improperly and control the incorrect panel?

Icemud's Grow 8.0 - New Intelligent-Gro LED - 2 x IGRO-228 LED - Testing & Review

https://www.intelligentgro.com igro-270led

Hey King John C!!!! I'm so glad you could make it! and great questions... Let me see what I can answer for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The actual draw of the panels is a little tricky, because of the dimming schedule... At full intensity (during the veg schedule is only 6 of 18 hours) the panels run at the measured draws which were around 175 avg... so you are correct in saying that the total draw is 522W or around it +/- a few watts. Now that is the draw, only for 6 hours of the 18 hour schedule, so in actuality, the draw would more have to be done by the day to make it accurate.

So in comparison...lets say you run a Mars II 80x5w, actual draw is the same as the I-gro270w panels..roughly 175w...

The mars in one day would run 3.15 KW per day. (18 hour schedule)
The intelligent Gro in 1 day would run, (with custom 18 hour schedule) 2.32 KW per day.

Looking at it in a months terms (30 days)
Mars II total draw over 30 days on 18/6 schedule: 94.5 KW per month
I-Gro II total draw over 30 days on custom 18/6 schedule: 69.6 KW per month

If you were to put a dollar figure to this, running each light at the average of 0.14$ per KWhr each light would cost:
$13.23 per month to run.
$9.74 per month to run.

Over the course of a year, the intelligent gro light would cost $42.96 less than the Mars II to run.

--------------------------------------

My grow area size is a 2x4 hydrohut silver edition, in which the actual measurements are 28"x55"x78" so roughly 2.5'x5'x7'

---------------------------------------

As far as the draw of the Generation 1 lights, vs the Generation 2 lights, the draw is roughly the same.

The generation 1 lights read at I think 167W and 171 W so the Gen 2 lights are roughly the same, with maybe 2-5 more watts draw total.

I don't have a gram per watt efficiency yet because I have not completed the Gen 1 grow, another 3 weeks or so and it should be done. I also did something were I locked up the soil, and the plants just stopped growing and aren't uptaking water, so I don't know how accurate the Gram/watt measurement will be on my Gen 1 grow... some of the plants were uneffected, but 2 of them (both black cherry cola's) were affected pretty good, so I think it will be much lower than it should be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the Diodes on the Generation II lights:

Dual Node LED's :660nm , 620nm:

740nm (IR):
660nm:
640nm:
620nm:
460nm:
440nm:
430nm:
380nm (UV-A):
6500K white
2000k White

---------------------------------------------------

Diodes on the Generation I lights:

380nm
430nm
460nm
610nm
630nm
660nm
730nm
2300k white
4500k white
6500kl white

I can't give out the ratios of either of these, but the layouts of the LED arrangement have changed, the whites on Gen 2 are on the exterior and not on the COB like the Gen 1 lights..as well as other positional changes and ratios have been modified from Gen 1 to Gen 2.

--------------------------------

Great question about the IR remote... I am not sure if it operates on different frequencies... I can probably check this tomorrow to see if they are different or the same. I actually don't use the IR remotes, and just use the wired controller for doing my settings, and once the schedule is set, I don't change it until the growth phase changes, like veg to flowering..

Remind me to check this if I forget...

Well I think I answered all your questions :) great questions!!! If you have more feel free to ask :)

Hey Icemud,

Interested to see how these work out, any idea on difference with new version.

These LEDs seem kind of spendy though, not the most expensive but pretty high up there, wonder if worth it.

ever consider a side by side with your other panels?

Hey Crawdaddy!!

I appreciate you stopping by, and BTW I love your comparison shootout you are doing!! Great work!

The differences I am aware of is the diode changes, wavelength, ratios and positions.

The center COB is actually a 63W total rating vs the Gen 1 lights which I think the Center COB was only 54W

The PAR/ Umol readings of the GEN 2 lights is much higher than the GEN 1 lights..

The GEN 2 run slightly cooler than the GEN 1 lights.

Other than that I think some internal changes were made but I am not sure.

I have thought of doing some side by side shootouts, but right now I have too many strains on hand to have room to do one. Once I either decide to make seeds of all of them, or even cull some of the lesser favorites, then I may be doing some side by sides. but it will be a while...

Maybe the sponsor would be interested in donating one for your cause... might wanna reach out to him???

I am curious about the heat that the COB produces. Could I ask you to use your heat gun and with only the intensity switch On target the COB LED with your heat gun? What is the wattage of the dual chip LED lights that the Intelligent Gro 2 LED uses? Is the controller for the LED panels the same as the generation 1 Intelligent Gro LED panels or is it new as well?

OK, so I turned off all channels but the center cob channel (grow), on all 3 of the panels. I let them run for about 10 minutes on full intensity and then put my IR thermometer right up to the cob, about 1/2" away. I took readings of all of the COB's, and they ranged between 196F and 202F.

I am not sure of the wattage of the dual chip, but I believe it is just 2x 3w diodes mounted together... So I would say max draw would be 6W, but since most LED's only run at around 2/3 the total power, I would estimate the dual emmitter chips probably run around 4.4W or so??? not sure...

The controller seems to be the same as the Gen 1 controller.

Yo bro, nice set up. You know I'm a big fan of soil with amendments! You know i'm a big fan of LED's! couldn't sty away from this grow even if I wanted!!!

Hey Brazel!!! Welcome my friend!!! Glad to see ya here, make yourself a seat, grab some bud and lets get this party started!!! haha :)

I love the LED's, just makes sense to me if they can grow plants just as good as HID, but for a fraction of the electric...I love em...and so does my electricity bill :)

Yep, mineralized soil is definitely the way to go :) Hopefully I will get some good brix readings this grow :)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the grow :)

One of these vs a Mars II 400w would be an epic grow off 190w draw vs 174w draw is close enough :)

I think it would be cool too, but I have a good feeling these Intelligent Gro's would blow the mars out of the water...the Igro's have about

Advanced LED did a shootout between their lights and the Mars II (tech specs and tests) and I was pretty disappointed in seeing the low PAR readings from the Mars... I mean it kind of makes sense since they don't have lenses to help focus the light.

At 18" the 80x5w mars II is only putting out 327 Umol at dead center under the light...

The Intelligent Gro II put out 482 umol at 2', so at 18" probably around 600umol...almost double the output of the Mars II...

Plants use individual photons to convert light energy into plant energy....and for every 3-8 photons that hit the plant, a molecule of Co2 is fixed.... which means the more photons hitting the plant per second, the more photosynthesis is taking place... so with that being said, I don't think it would even be close :)

But I definitely would love to see a shootout anyways :) I don't have the room to do one or I would... maybe in the future I will consider doing a side by side... or maybe another 420 Member will be able to do it :)

Also, the Mars II do not draw 190w, or at least the 3 of them that I tested... I tested them at 175w, 177w, 173w

Hey Crawdaddy!!

I appreciate you stopping by, and BTW I love your comparison shootout you are doing!! Great work!

The differences I am aware of is the diode changes, wavelength, ratios and positions.

The center COB is actually a 63W total rating vs the Gen 1 lights which I think the Center COB was only 54W

The PAR/ Umol readings of the GEN 2 lights is much higher than the GEN 1 lights..

The GEN 2 run slightly cooler than the GEN 1 lights.

Other than that I think some internal changes were made but I am not sure.

I have thought of doing some side by side shootouts, but right now I have too many strains on hand to have room to do one. Once I either decide to make seeds of all of them, or even cull some of the lesser favorites, then I may be doing some side by sides. but it will be a while...

Maybe the sponsor would be interested in donating one for your cause... might wanna reach out to him???

Thanks for the answers...

I remember you, BID or someone else saying the Gen 1 tended to be hot.

It a pain to do side by sides, but Ronnie nailed it with his, so I would never expect anyone to do it unless really had the desire.

With regard to sponsor, here is my personal dilemma, if both lights are not sponsored in a comparison, or both purchased at normal pricing, then one could never claim no bias without a doubt(not saying can not be, but someone could always say shannigans). But if two manufacturers where willing to do it under the same 'rules' , I have not reached out(not in my personality) but i doubt they would do it, i would be game! (I guess that my sly attempt at reaching out, but do they even read these threads?)

you know a cool 'rule' for a two sponsored test would be to be able to take them apart and review the 'guts'. E.G. if claim to use a brand of diode, prove it! I would really love to take these little bad boys apart, cause they seem different with the hybrid design.

Like i said before, and honestly these intelli-gro's dropped off my radar, I think in BIDs thread, I am wondering how much of a real effect the 'fancy' light patterns/timing have, beyond being cool as shit I will give it that:)

Anyhow I will be following along, trying to not be too loud about my opinions.

Well I definitely am curious as well! I know the Mars II did an OK job for me, but just seeing the PAR readings of the I-Gro almost double that of the Mars II, I am hoping for amazing results. With almost double the photon's released from these Igro lights, I think that I should see some great results.... man... I want a strain called pudding, that tastes like pudding, chocolate please!! :) hahah I will do my best to test these lights out...

I may even consider future side by sides of both, but it will be a long way out because I have a few other projects I need to do once my other grow tent is clear. Gotta make seeds :)

I'm all for developing the chocolate pudding flavor. We can call it "Pudding Pots" and have it advertised by Bill Cosby.

LOL

:idea:

ok late but here :thumb:

Haha chocolate pudding kush, mmmm, sounds lush :)
I have faith in you to do this grow proud & with 3 lights in there this should be killer. If the PAR readings are correct it'll be like having 3x 800w mars in that little space
I want to be amazed, so don't let me down :)

Hey IceMud, I had been looking for an American made/ American warranty LED that fit my micro cabs, and worked well for the personal indoor grower, so as soon as I saw your threads, I had to read them. It is very telling that you like the gen 1 lights so much that you wanted to do your next grow to harvest with their gen 2 lights. I just wanted to say all that and invite you and any others to my micro grow with the 135w IntelligentGro LED. David said to tell you "Hello"

P.S, if you are seriously interested in LED, give them a call, or email them, they have no problem with discussing at LENGTH, any questions you MIGHT have.

1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grower

I made it in a journal early for the first time. Looking forward to seeing how well this goes. Looking great so far though.:thumb:

Hey IceMud, I had been looking for an American made/ American warranty LED that fit my micro cabs, and worked well for the personal indoor grower, so as soon as I saw your threads, I had to read them. It is very telling that you like the gen 1 lights so much that you wanted to do your next grow to harvest with their gen 2 lights. I just wanted to say all that and invite you and any others to my micro grow with the 135w IntelligentGro LED. David said to tell you "Hello"

P.S, if you are seriously interested in LED, give them a call, or email them, they have no problem with discussing at LENGTH, any questions you MIGHT have.

1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grower

Are these lights made in USA, i was under impression another Chinese made light?

If so that a big deal IMO.

Are these lights made in USA, i was under impression another Chinese made light?

If so that a big deal IMO.

Intelligent Gro is an American Company, with a headquarters here in the US. The lights are made in China per Intelligent Gro's specs, and shipped to the US to Intelligent Gro, where they are inspected for quality.

Back
Top Bottom