Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

re: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

I made it in a journal early for the first time. Looking forward to seeing how well this goes. Looking great so far though.:thumb:

Hey NorCalRider!!! Welcome!! Grab some snacks, some herb and blaze it up :) Glad to have you here for the grow and thanks for the compiments :)

Hey IceMud, I had been looking for an American made/ American warranty LED that fit my micro cabs, and worked well for the personal indoor grower, so as soon as I saw your threads, I had to read them. It is very telling that you like the gen 1 lights so much that you wanted to do your next grow to harvest with their gen 2 lights. I just wanted to say all that and invite you and any others to my micro grow with the 135w IntelligentGro LED. David said to tell you "Hello"

P.S, if you are seriously interested in LED, give them a call, or email them, they have no problem with discussing at LENGTH, any questions you MIGHT have.

1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grower

Thanks for the invite Vitamin Green :)

I checked out your grow, very cool to gut those speaker boxes and use them for grow boxes! Awesome!

Haha chocolate pudding kush, mmmm, sounds lush :)
I have faith in you to do this grow proud & with 3 lights in there this should be killer. If the PAR readings are correct it'll be like having 3x 800w mars in that little space
I want to be amazed, so don't let me down :)

I'm going try my best, as I always do :) So far my Gen 1's are producing some of my best looking nugs so I hope the Gen 2's bring even better results :)

I hope to impress everyone and my self as well, even though I am hard to please :) lol

ok late but here :thumb:

Hey!!! Whatts up Cronic!!! We couldn't start the party without you!!! Welcome!

Subscribed and definitely taking notes on this one! I'm watching your other grow with the gen1s and you've got me sold! Excited to see the difference in PAR output increase on these gen2s. Im curious, the v scrog you built, is it going to stay at that height? or are you gonna add another layer of netting higher up as they grow? Im pretty green and am thinking about doing scrog or maybe vscrog. Also, if you have some spare time please feel free to take a look and leave some feedback on my second grow!

:goodjob:

Subscribed and definitely taking notes on this one! I'm watching your other grow with the gen1s and you've got me sold! Excited to see the difference in PAR output increase on these gen2s. Im curious, the v scrog you built, is it going to stay at that height? or are you gonna add another layer of netting higher up as they grow? Im pretty green and am thinking about doing scrog or maybe vscrog. Also, if you have some spare time please feel free to take a look and leave some feedback on my second grow!

:goodjob:

Hey Keegan!!! Welcome to my journal!!

Send me a PM with a link to your journal, or put it in your signature and I will check it out :)

The V-Scrog stays the same height, I usually will fill it up about 90-100% and then flip to flower, so the girls usually get pretty tall ( strain dependent)

If they get too tall and need support, I usually hang strings/twine from the cross bars in my tent to support the buds...(if there is just a few of them) but if many buds need support, I have added a screen above to use to hang strings from for better spacing. I don't know how these strains will react in this run, since on last run they stretched, but not like my OG's have, so they may not need upper support this time...

Scrog is definitely a great way to increase yield and even out a canopy in a smaller grow area where either height or SQft are limited...

Oh ok that makes sense, What are the dimensions on the frame of the one you built? Im thinking about building one for my tent but I don't know how tall it should be. My tent is only 7ft tall and I'm running 1Ks so I have a bit of a heat stress issue on my taller sativas. Heres the link to my grow! New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

Just wanted to give a quick update on the grow with photos.

I haven't done much in the past week with this grow, other than constantly tying down the girls doing LST as well as did some topping about a week ago. I am trying to really get the girls to branch out before they hit the scrog screen so I can really maximize the amount of tops.

I also about 2 weeks ago spotted a few what looked to be spidermites (only on 1 of the plants) so I have been giving the girls sprays of insecticidal soap, and spinosad. I will probably do 1 more spraying in about 1 week and that should be enough to completely rid them. I have checked and havent seen any since the first spray about 2 weeks ago, so I think I caught it early. I just want to make sure they are gone so I will continue treatment for another week or 2 to make sure all eggs are killed as well. This is why the leave look a little mangled is the first application I did was too strong.

Either way no problem, I know the spinosad works and even have Bon Neem on backup which I will use next application to rotate treatment types. :) Not worried about them in the least, got rid of them before, and shouldn't have a problem this run either :)

Other than the LST and preventative treatments, the girls have been growing quite fast and really love the light they are getting :) lots of new leaf growth already :)

I did notice that the GDP in the back left was a little wilty and so I picked up the pot and sure enough she needed water, so I gave her 4 cups of r/o water with just mycos and some Sea Green and gave the other plants only 2 cups of water since the pots were still semi moist.

I really want them to develop a good root system so I will try to space waterings out quite a bit until I find out how fast they "drink" it up with these lights...

BTW the Jug of milk you see is yeast, sugar, water Co2 production which I shake 1x per day to boost it, and also this helps me know how active the solution is, once I shake it and don't see immediate reaction, I dump out 3/4 of the water, add new water, and sugar and then back in bizness. The TNB enhancer bottle you see was actually already used, so I dumped out the TNB solution and added yeast, sugar and water for a 2nd CO2 delivery :)

Well here are the photos for today..

IMG_0002139.JPG
IMG_0003144.JPG
IMG_0004135.JPG
IMG_0005139.JPG
IMG_0006125.JPG
IMG_0008105.JPG
IMG_0009110.JPG
IMG_001387.JPG

And unfortunately, i don't have enough posts to send PMs yet. Made this account years ago when i first started getting interested in growing, been lurking ever since :icon_cool Hopefully you can answer some questions I have in my thread, don't wanna clutter yours!

Hey Ice, how you running your ventilation? I ask because trying to figure out what the exhaust hoses on both sides doing.

Bummer on the mites, knock em down early, mine got out of control and now I had to spray some plants 30-35 days in flower and got burnt pistils. Every time i think i got rid of them they make a come back little f**kers.

Hey Ice, how you running your ventilation? I ask because trying to figure out what the exhaust hoses on both sides doing.

Bummer on the mites, knock em down early, mine got out of control and now I had to spray some plants 30-35 days in flower and got burnt pistils. Every time i think i got rid of them they make a come back little f**kers.

Hey Crawdaddy...

The 2 vent hoses(ducting) that you see on the lower sides of my tent are for air intake. The hydrohut tent does have built in ventilation screens that can be opened by velcro, but I didn't want to have to remember everyday to open them and close them so I put 6" ducting on each side of the tent, which by negative pressure pulls air into the tent. I also wanted to keep the roots cooler and as we know, hot air rises, so the goal was to continuously bring cooler air in below, which by theory, would help allow the heat to evacuate up top of my tent.

On the top for extraction, I have a 6" 400+ CFM hydrofarm fan, with speed controller set on medium, and a large Can fan carbon scrubber.

Yeah as far as the spider mites, I think I got rid of them. What worked for complete eradication was a 3 part approach. Since I read that mites build up a tolerance fast to pesticides, its best to use a few different approaches, and keep it up for 30 days.

I use 3 products.... Bon Neem by bonide which is a neem and other plant oil mixture (organic), SNS spider mite spray, and a combo of Spinosad (Captain Jacks deadbug) and insecticidal soap. I use 1 spray 1x per week, making sure to hit tops and bottoms of all leaves, and rotate the sprays every week. This before completely rid my spider mite problem, and so this time I am hoping it works just as well :)

So far I have not seen any new eggs or mites :)

Hey Ice I like what I see and what I saw on your other grow topled. Just wanted to give you +rep and all that jazz. Also would like you to know that I'm gonna use your v-scog'd design in my second cabinet I'm putting together, never scog'd before but I like what I saw.

I don't know if I can PM you I know on other sites you have to have a certain number of posted before you're allowed, so I gonna ask you now, in front of all the host, if you have time could you tell me if this beast (Madea) DSCI0071_2_ - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery is still young enough to tame with the v-scog design? I didn't have the heart to kill her sister (who she just outstriped in the growth department) when she started to show signs of life. This is technically my 3rd grow and I had no clue what a sativa could and would do and I just got lost in the grow, but want to try to tame her if possible.

TNA
Raziel

Hey Ice I like what I see and what I saw on your other grow topled. Just wanted to give you +rep and all that jazz. Also would like you to know that I'm gonna use your v-scog'd design in my second cabinet I'm putting together, never scog'd before but I like what I saw.

I don't know if I can PM you I know on other sites you have to have a certain number of posted before you're allowed, so I gonna ask you now, in front of all the host, if you have time could you tell me if this beast (Madea) DSCI0071_2_ - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery is still young enough to tame with the v-scog design? I didn't have the heart to kill her sister (who she just outstriped in the growth department) when she started to show signs of life. This is technically my 3rd grow and I had no clue what a sativa could and would do and I just got lost in the grow, but want to try to tame her if possible.

TNA
Raziel

Hey Raziel,

I think you could scrog the larger plant, but doing so probably cover the other little plant on the right. It could be done but would be best if you started scrogging a little earlier and just scrogged 1 plant in that space. Since you have the vertical height by the looks of the photo, you might want to grow this run out regular and set up a scrog next run.

Thanks Ice :high-five: for the quick reply and comment on how to go forward with my girls.

One More question, if I started a journal on my present or new grow, could i count on you to stop by and give me some tips or pointers, to get me back on track if I start to go south again? But until then I'm gonna continue to follow you and Doc. and a few others and try to do what you guys do until that little pea inside my brain explodes and I figure out what it is I'm doing.

Thanks again,

Raziel
:peacetwo:

Thanks Ice :high-five: for the quick reply and comment on how to go forward with my girls.

One More question, if I started a journal on my present or new grow, could i count on you to stop by and give me some tips or pointers, to get me back on track if

Raziel
If you start a journal you can count on more than a few of us to hold you down. That's what we do here. Help & be helped.

One More question, if I started a journal on my present or new grow, could i count on you to stop by and give me some tips or pointers, to get me back on track if I start to go south again? But until then I'm gonna continue to follow you and Doc. and a few others and try to do what you guys do until that little pea inside my brain explodes and I figure out what it is I'm doing.

Thanks again,

Raziel

I would suggest starting a journal and there will be many people here that can help you. I will try my best to help with what I can, but my time is very limited and its hard to even keep up with the journals that I already follow...But the great thing about 420 Magazine, is there are ton of people here, just like me who can help you achieve the results you are seeking. By all means though, start a journal, and I will do my best to keep up with it :)

If you start a journal you can count on more than a few of us to hold you down. That's what we do here. Help & be helped.

Thank you B A R! Definitely tons of awesome people here at 420 Magazine to help.

Thanks Bar, Thanks Icemud :thumb:

I really appreciate any and all help I can get. One thing I've found out in life is that it's always simpler if there's someone around that's been there and done that and who is willing to give a hand up when needed.

Thanks again,

Raziel
and to show my appreciation :passitleft:

Thanks Bar, Thanks Icemud :thumb:

I really appreciate any and all help I can get. One thing I've found out in life is that it's always simpler if there's someone around that's been there and done that and who is willing to give a hand up when needed.

Thanks again,

Raziel
and to show my appreciation :passitleft:

Your welcome, there's tons of info here on 420 Mag, I learned just about 80% or more of what I know from other members, journals and articles on the site. You definitely will get that advice you are seeking :) let me know when you get your journal up :)

Hey Everyone!

Just a real quick update...

So far the plants are loving the new Intelligent Gro 2 lights :) They are growing really fast it seems and just about every day I am finding I have to reposition my LST loops to keep the tips pointed horizontal :)

Tonight I did a minor clean up on the girls from the earlier foliar sprays that fried some of the older bottom leaves.

I also gave them a good foliar spray of a mix of r/o water with 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish, 0-0-1 adv nutr organic b, 0-10-0 with 10% Ca Humboldt nutrients bloom natural, spinosad, and yucca extract. I sprayed the girls down good and even wet the soil slightly with my extra spray. (all the nutrients were mixed in a 5ml or less amounts to 1/2gallon of water.)

Other than that, the plants are looking great :)

I am considering switching the 2 plants in the middle to the right side and swapping them around because I remembered their structure from last grow, and I think it will be better overall for the shape of the scrog. So I will do that tomorrow.

Other than that they are about due for some water, so I am just going to give them plain r/o water.

Here are the photos for today.

IMG_0002142.JPG
IMG_0003147.JPG
IMG_0004138.JPG
IMG_0005141.JPG
IMG_0007114.JPG
IMG_0010105.JPG
IMG_001191.JPG
IMG_001284.JPG
IMG_001388.JPG

Back
Top Bottom