Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Hey Everyone...

Update time..

So since right now both of my Tents are in Veg, I haven't been updating as frequently as I usually do since not much changes day to day, as well as being in VEG is kind of boring compared to flowering :) haha

I have been working on getting my plants health back to perfect before flowering, both my purple urkle and grandaddy purple have been showing some odd leaf discoloration so I gave them a medium flush the other day, and have been letting the soil dry out. I checked the PPM and it wasn't extremely high (of the runoff) and I put in 0ppm water and it came out around 1200ppm which for most strains seems to be ok..usually when it gets around 1600 or more is where typically I see issues, so I gave them a good flush anyways and then hit them with some cal/mag and phospherous because I believe this may be what is causing the issue.

They don't look horrible, but I just want to make sure they are not stressing when I put them into flowering.

I also have been waiting for all the new leaves and tops to form since about 1 week ago I did some trimming/pruning/topping to help encourage more branching, as well as a fuller canopy.

So far over the course of the last week, the plants seem to be doing good and the canopy is getting much fuller. I probably will be flipping them to flowering within the next week. :)

My Veg tent is doing really good and so far I am pretty impressed with how things are looking in there. The plants are growing very bushy and seem to have extremely tight internodes. Plant health also seems to be good and so far I am happy with what I am seeing :)

Well here are the photo's of both tents :)

IMG_0001241.JPG
IMG_0002250.JPG
IMG_0003261.JPG
IMG_0004252.JPG
IMG_0005248.JPG
IMG_0006238.JPG
IMG_0007215.JPG
IMG_0008217.JPG

Subscribed Icemud, I have to go back and catch up.

Subbed, Icemud. I've been waiting to say that for a long time. :)

Been lurking, reading, and learning for the past year. Just chopped my first garden in 12 years. I use TopLed lights, a reflector in veg and marsII 1200 in bloom. Finally decided to jump in and say Hi. I've been following your grows for quite a while and love the job you do on your journals. AND with your plants of course. :)

Hope you have a great grow with these new lights. :)

Peace,
Ravyn

I watched your vids for sometime before ever finding you here....Love your work...late to the show but sub'd from here on out for this one.

Looks like I missed your last one, what a great deal of info in that journal

Subscribed Icemud, I have to go back and catch up.

Hey 60cal! Happy to have you :) Not too much excitement yet as both tents are still in veg, but all that should change in about a week when my XTE tent goes to flowering :)

Subbed, Icemud. I've been waiting to say that for a long time. :)

Been lurking, reading, and learning for the past year. Just chopped my first garden in 12 years. I use TopLed lights, a reflector in veg and marsII 1200 in bloom. Finally decided to jump in and say Hi. I've been following your grows for quite a while and love the job you do on your journals. AND with your plants of course. :)

Hope you have a great grow with these new lights. :)

Peace,
Ravyn

Hey Ravyn!! I am really happy to hear that you have joined 420 Magazine and found it such a great resource :) Its definitely my home and go to for anything 420 related :) very happy to have you subbed :) Thannk you so much for your kind words and encouragement :) I will try to do my very best with this one :) its always an adventure and so fun :)

Subbed!!!! As usual.....;-)

Hey Joopman!!! Welcome and glad you could make it :) Just in time as flowering should be starting within about 1 week :)

I watched your vids for sometime before ever finding you here....Love your work...late to the show but sub'd from here on out for this one.

Looks like I missed your last one, what a great deal of info in that journal

Hey Heady!!! ahhh the videos :) I love doing them, it gives a different perspective and personality to myy grows :) should be more videos in the future too :) really happy you found me here :) definitely not too late and just about in time for the excitement to start :)

subbed in Ice

what do you do with all your test lights? Do you have to send them back?

or are you allowed to donate them to a worthy cause? :)

Hey Hash Hound :)

Well right now since I have the sponsored grow going, they are in storage, and as soon as some of my plants in my Veg tent get larger I will be removing some of them and putting them in a 3rd tent, which is a 2x4x5, smaller in size than my other ones. I will most likely be putting 2 of the LED's from my last grow in there to keep them in veg until I am ready to harvest. Depending on how this grow turns out, I may keep the setup how I have it, or even go back to the previous panels, or even use a combo of all 3 brands... but really I haven't thought that far ahead :)

The way the sponsorships or test lights go is they were sort of earned (paid for in my work), for doing journals, photos, and taking on the risk of learning a new light, adjusting the garden to it and hoping for the best. There is a lot of work tied to being a sponsored grower also such as making sure to get and relay information, answer questions and such so it does keep me pretty busy :) but I enjoy it :) So after all said and done, basically the lights are mine to keep. If I decide that I don't need them in the future though, I may donate some or barrow them, who knows really :)

Does advanced have a platinum series also and are the just the cheaper version

I don't believe they have a platinum series...

They have as of now just their Diamond Series, and XTE series. They also had another one previous but I don't recall the name. I don't think it was platinum. I believe you may be referring to another one of the sponsors here.

The Diamond Series is the older series and XTE is very new (within the last 2 months new). They also have another Light in development I believe called the ARC series which I saw a while back on Kickstarter...

The Diamond Series is the Cheaper priced series by Advanced LED, and the XTE is slightly more pricy.

Hey everyone...

Just wanted to drop a quick update.

So things are looking really good in my flowering tent and It should be within a week that the ladies get flipped to flowering. After flushing the grand daddy purple and purple urkle they are showing healthy new growth and seem to be recovering fine. It was very odd because only half of each plant was showing discolored leaves, not top to bottom halves, but side to side halves. Almost as if half the plant was infected or something odd, or had some weird genetic trait??? not sure what exactly the cause is since they are fed exactly the same as all my other plants which are showing pretty good health... but its ok now because they are looking happy again :)

So as for the veg tent it is also looking good. I currently am running the panels at only half wattage (one switch on, one off) on each panel since the plants are young and don't need full power yet. It seems to be vegging them just fine and even with half power off, the coverage seems to reach all sides of my tent fairly well.

I am not noticing a huge difference in the plants as far as growth or health over full spectrum lights, but I did notice that the plants under the EX-Veg blue lights, are showing many more leaves developing on the lower branches, making them bush out more than usual. Lots of leaves :) The node spacing looks slightly tighter too, and growth seems to be pretty fast.

I have to say I am happy that my tent temps are cooler with these LED's...and my flowering tent barely is exceeding 82F, when with all other lights it was always up around 85F or higher... so 3 degrees or more cooler, definitely a plus :)

Well not much else to report today besides I will be getting a compost tea started for feeding the next few days. I want to boost up the microbe population and health before I shift gears to flowering... should be very soon ;)

IMG_0001244.JPG
IMG_0002254.JPG
IMG_0003265.JPG
IMG_0004256.JPG
IMG_0005252.JPG
IMG_0006242.JPG
IMG_0007219.JPG
IMG_0008221.JPG
IMG_0009210.JPG
IMG_0010209.JPG
IMG_0011188.JPG
IMG_0012169.JPG

Greetings and good luck Mr Mud. Been enjoying your YouTube vid's for some time. Very curious about Advanced LED panels and pleased to be able to follow your progress. All the best with the grow.

Looking green and great, as usual, Icemud! :thumb:

Thanks DrZiggy! So far so good! A little leaf discoloration still on the GDP and the Purple Urkle, but they seem to be pushing out healthy growth so I think I fixed it for now :)

Thanks for all the info after the PM I sent you.

Subscribed and watching as you grow out the forest. I am also interested in seeing how well the lights do!

Hey DarkGreenGoo! You are welcome :)

This one should be interesting, and I'm excited to see what these LED's are capable of :)

Greetings and good luck Mr Mud. Been enjoying your YouTube vid's for some time. Very curious about Advanced LED panels and pleased to be able to follow your progress. All the best with the grow.

Hey Heavy Consumer!! Welcome! I am happy that you like my videos :) and I see that you are new here too! Welcome to 420 Magazine! :theband::woohoo:

Hey Everyone....

So some very exciting news....The time has come... to send these girls off to flowering! yup!

So as of Thursday night was their first daylight period after the 12 hour dark period. (flipping to 12/12). Well actually like last time I am starting them off at 12.5/11.5 and will wind it down about week 4 or 5 to 12.25/11.25. Right now I have the panels mounted at about 16" at the closest point and about 24" at the furthest point, I checked with my par meter and everything is getting 300 umol or more around the edges, and the middle is getting around 700-1100 depending on where I checked it. Very bright panels annd they seem to have pretty good spread too.

So as far as the Purple urkle and GDP having some discoloration on the leaves it seemed to have slowed down and the new growth is healthy and showing no ill signs, so I think my TLC worked :) I have been giving the girls some compost tea over the last 2 days to help spark up the soil microbes for flowering, and added a slight does of 2-4-0 fish hydrolized and some 0-0-4 posassium silicate to the feeding in 1/4 doses. I also gave them a foliar feeding 2 days ago of compost tea with added yucca extract and carboload.

As far as my veg tent, things are going along just fine under the all blue Ex-Veg lights. The ladies are growing pretty fast so about 3 days ago I topped all of the plants to help slow vertical growth and also help bush them out more. I hope that my flowering tent finishes before these girls get too big :)

Well not much else to report on today. So far everything looks good and the plants seem happy.

Here are the photos I took last night of both tents, Day 2 of flowering and of the plants in the veg tent. I still only have each of the EX-VEG 200 panels running with half the diodes off (1 switch off) because the plants are still pretty small and don't need the full intensity. It seems its still plenty bright enough to fully cover the tent and the ladies are thriving.

IMG_0005254.JPG
IMG_0006245.JPG
IMG_0007222.JPG
IMG_0008223.JPG
IMG_0009213.JPG
IMG_0010211.JPG
IMG_0011190.JPG
IMG_0012171.JPG
IMG_0013172.JPG
IMG_0014158.JPG
IMG_0015167.JPG
IMG_0016154.JPG
IMG_0017152.JPG
IMG_0018153.JPG
IMG_0019145.JPG

And here are the photos for tonight... Day 3 flowering ( I notice I do need to defoliate and clean up the plants, however I am going to wait about 1 more week until the plants all finish their stretch and I see buds forming..So forgive my somewhat unclean under canopy)
IMG_0001248.JPG
IMG_0002258.JPG
IMG_0003269.JPG
IMG_0004260.JPG

Hey Everyone... So far really impressed with these lights, both the XTE and the EX-VEG. I can't get over how bright these XTE 300's are though, even at the height they are at my girls are getting saturated with light :)

Today would be day 5 of flowering :) No sign of pistil growth yet or any flowering signs other than the typical stretch. Right now my GSC is over 3' tall from the top of the pot :) and all the others are very close as well, except the ogiesel which is a bushy little guy. :)

So yesterday I gave the girls a foliar feeding of bloomit, carboload, yucca and cal/mag and they seemed to like it :)

I have been giving them for waterings, compost tea, for the past few days so next I will be hitting them with a round of earthjuice to give some organics back to the soil, as I am sure the girls have definitely sucked up quite a bit over the last few days of the stretch.

Other than that, things are going great and I honestly am extremely happy so far with the Advanced LED lights :) Very bright! and my tent is much cooler :)

In the VEG tent, things are going well, and I think that I may have saved my SFV genetics... I was about to dump my clones of her that werent rooting and I left alone to dry out, and low and behold, a nice white root was popping out of the root riot plug :) I got her into a red cup of soil and put a humidity dome over her and put her into the veg tent. I hope she takes as she was in pretty bad shape, and I would hate to lose such a awesome strain :) fingers crossed :)

Everything else is going well in the veg tent and things keep on growing :)

Here are a few photos of both tents today... ( I apologize for the downgrade of my photo quality, I had to give back the better camera that I was using so back to my lower res on, they still should be pretty good though until I get a better solution...its what ive used for years :)

DSC097291.JPG
DSC097151.JPG
DSC09716.JPG
DSC09717.JPG
DSC09718.JPG
DSC097191.JPG
DSC097041.JPG
DSC097071.JPG
DSC09708.JPG
DSC097091.JPG

Back
Top Bottom