Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Ice Icemud baby!! You're cranking out the LED grows. :thumb:

Hey Dataudio!!!

haha! Yep... I love seeing what each model/brand is capible of. I really enjoy seeing the differences and sharing them with everyone :) Glad to have ya over here :)

shit Ice you know im in for this being an advanced user for a few years now
still going strong too I got a couple years more to save for new ones :thumb:
like how they run so damn cool too
hope you get the results I know you should with them

Hey Cronic!!

Yeah I have definitely had my eye on Advance ever since they released the XML series... and with the new panels rocking Cree and Osram chips! I have very high hopes :)

Definitely the lower temps is a huge plus for me too.

Hopefully my plants will also like them :) I think they will :)

<<< Yeah I saw a while back you mentioned you would be testing/running them as well. I definitely can say they run very quiet, cool and are extremely bright... I was pretty blown away by the PAR readings I took. I have good expectations of this grow Lets hope they deliver but I am pretty sure with all the good rep and reviews I will be more than impressed. Glad that the 2 of us will be able to compare results and questions and such! Shoot me a link to your journal when you get it all going would love to watch too >>>

It was really cool seeing you take par reading for the XTE300 cause Advanced hasn't even published par readings yet. how did those readings compare to other led lights you have tested?
I'll be sure to invite you as soon as its up and running. Advanced wanted me to do a start to finish grow with the XTE300's so the journal starts in a couple weeks.
hope you don't mind me posting a link to your unboxing video , don't think I could do any better job then you did and I think the par testing is awesome. :)

<<< Yeah I saw a while back you mentioned you would be testing/running them as well. I definitely can say they run very quiet, cool and are extremely bright... I was pretty blown away by the PAR readings I took. I have good expectations of this grow Lets hope they deliver but I am pretty sure with all the good rep and reviews I will be more than impressed. Glad that the 2 of us will be able to compare results and questions and such! Shoot me a link to your journal when you get it all going would love to watch too >>>

It was really cool seeing you take par reading for the XTE300 cause Advanced hasn't even published par readings yet. how did those readings compare to other led lights you have tested?
I'll be sure to invite you as soon as its up and running. Advanced wanted me to do a start to finish grow with the XTE300's so the journal starts in a couple weeks.
hope you don't mind me posting a link to your unboxing video , don't think I could do any better job then you did and I think the par testing is awesome. :)

For sure you are welcome to use the video and I am glad that it was helpful/informational :) I'm getting slightly better with the videos each time :)

The readings for PAR were really impressive, but I can't really compare them to the other panels I used being that my previous panels were all around 180w and these draw around 250W, so it really wouldn't be a fair comparison. What I see though is that the coverage is very good and seems to be pretty uniform, with minimal shading in the tent and since the design of the panels is rectangle, it definitely covers my tent well pretty much from corner to corner.

I really wanted to do another V-Scrog this run, but didn't for 2 reasons... my vegging plants were way too big to put under the scrog screen..lol and I also have never run these strains so I have no Idea their growth characteristics, so I didn't want to put them in the scrog and not have a good idea of growth traits...

I may do another full grow though after this one is done, just to see how the XTE's veg.. and if it works out, maybe I can bring back the V-Scrog.... I already miss it....haha :)

Quick update for today...

Flowering Tent:

I recently topped them all to help encourage some branching to help fill up the canopy, and so I am waiting for new leaf growth to form and thrive before flipping to flowering. (prob within 1-2 weeks).

I also just tied my GSC up to the bamboo posts because it was looking very much like a vine and not growing upwards from constant trimming over its probably 6+ month in veg. I tied all the branches up to the bamboo for support and I am hoping that it regains its upward vertical growth, which it seems to already have started to send branches and leaves up to the light.

I also noticed a while back (about 2 weeks ago) both my Purple urkle and Grandaddy purple showed a little leaf discoloration so I have corrected it and now they are showing healthy growth again. So I have been also waiting to make sure they are in full health before flipping to flowering.

I have been only feeding them about 1 cup of water per day since they are still in veg, and yesterday mixed up a TandJ tea to get the soil boosted and teaming with microlife :)

Other than that everything is looking good and the plants seem happy under the lights so far. Also, I do want to mention that currently I have channel 1 (blue/white channel) on full, and Channel 2 (red channel) on 3/4 full. Once I hit flowering I will have both channels on full.

IMG_0002243.JPG
IMG_0003255.JPG

The VEG tent:

The Veg tent is coming along nicely as well. It seems that the all blue spectrum definitely promotes more internode growth and for some reason the leaf blades seem slightly fatter than under a mixed spectrum and the internodes definitely seem much tighter together. I am still waiting to see how the all blue spectrum affects my brix levels, but its still early to take readings so I probably will wait a few weeks to test and see. I really only will be able to compare the ogiesel and GSC to past grows, but it will give me an idea if they are within the same area as they were in past grows... but so far, I am really pretty pleased at what I see, and I have to say these lights are extremely bright.

I have been watering the vegging girls about every few day with only about 1 cup of water since they are still very small and aren't sucking up much water yet. :)

I have to say overall with both lights, I am extremely pleased how my tents have both come down about 2-3F degrees and I actually was able to turn my fan speeds down slightly as well :) nice :)

So I wanted to include photos to show the growth so far under the EX VEG lights. I have had these lights up and running now for
about 3 weeks when I originally received them, but wanted to wait until I got the XTE lights to get the journal started. Unfortunately the 1st XTE lights I was sent had to go back because of issues with them, but as we all know, things happen, electronics sometimes fail, and its not really a concern as long as it is handled by the company in a quick and efficient manner. Advanced handled the issue very professionally, was extremely apologetic, and had new lights out to me as soon as they received the old ones back. So really no big deal to me, and it was handled with care and professional nature so I had no worries at all. And now with the new panels, flawless operation, makes me and my plants very happy :)

I wanted to explain this for 2 reasons, 1 to let you know exactly my experience so far(good/bad/unexpected/other), but also to explain why I have run the EXVEG panels for 3 weeks without journaling them. So here is the photos I took on Sept 21 when I hung the panels, and the vegging plants today about 3 weeks later.

So far, the growth is amazing, and the plants really seem to love the all blue spectrum... ( I wonder if one could flower with these, and what would happen?..lol...there I go...my curious mind :)

Sept 21st...
IMG_0015158.JPG
IMG_0017145.JPG
IMG_0018145.JPG
IMG_0019137.JPG
IMG_0020134.JPG

Sept 28th...
IMG_0001235.JPG
IMG_0002245.JPG
IMG_0006232.JPG

Today...
IMG_0004245.JPG
IMG_0006230.JPG
IMG_0007209.JPG
IMG_0008211.JPG
IMG_0009203.JPG
IMG_0010199.JPG

Love your work Ice mud!

Pure Veg lights + pure flower lights = Efficiency !

What are the size of your two tents mate ?

Thanks Longjohnsilve!

Both of my tents are the same size and make... hydrohut silver 2x4. The actual measurements are larger than 2x4 and its closer to a 2.5'x5'x7' tent.

Ladies look amazing Ice....veg lights are crazy blue....glad they love it:)

So far my plants seem happy. I still am curious as to if the plants health will be better, worse or the same due to lack of full spectrum, but so far they seem to be doing well.

Icemud, do you happen to know PAR values of sunny and cloudy days in area?
Is it better to put plants out on a cloudy warm day or keep them LED'd? Please use best LED values. :)

I am not sure, but I am sure the info is probably around the internet. I believe the PAR/ uMol of the sun on a bright sunny day is around 2000 uMol, but as for a cloudy day, I don't really know that answer..

I know in many commercial agricultural greenhouses, they use supplementary lighting for cloudy/winter days to give the proper DLI for whatever crops/plants they are growing.

I probably would keep them under LEDs... less chance of bugs/pests.

I dropped your name in my journal Ice....just a disclaimer. I'm getting close to harvest, what do you think? When I upgrade my lights after a few grows I'm going to turn to your advice brotha. Thanks in advance!

That was a heck of an Update Ice...

I dropped your name in my journal Ice....just a disclaimer. I'm getting close to harvest, what do you think? When I upgrade my lights after a few grows I'm going to turn to your advice brotha. Thanks in advance!

Hey Dataudio... I will get over there today and check it out :) sorry for the delay!

Back
Top Bottom