Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Great Update. :)

Plants looking great. I excited for both of us , my new XTE-300 x 3 grow will be under way this week and looking at your plants makes me feel like its going to be a great one.

I've found that the red channel only pull about 155w and the blue channel about 97w for a total of 251w.

of course with the dial controls you could really control your wattage.

:bravo::goodjob::volcano-smiley:

Great update. When those things begin growing monster colas you are going to have to get a structural engineer in that room trying to figure out how to hold them up lol.

Awesome work.

Haha :) Thanks DarkGreenGoo!

I may have to reach back into my Architectural Design background from a long time ago :))

Great Update. :)

Plants looking great. I excited for both of us , my new XTE-300 x 3 grow will be under way this week and looking at your plants makes me feel like its going to be a great one.

I've found that the red channel only pull about 155w and the blue channel about 97w for a total of 251w.

of course with the dial controls you could really control your wattage.

:bravo::goodjob::volcano-smiley:

Thanks Ronnie! Your running 3x of the XTE 300s? how big of a grow area? I have to say these lights are beyond bright! My other LED's I had to have the plants within 10-14" to get high umol, with these lights I'm getting better umol at 20-24" than the others at 10-14"!!!! Flowering power!!!

I love the dial controlls for dimming/blending spectrum! very nice design for quick changes to the spectrum! I have been using the all red ON and the blue/white off for the first few hours of every daylight period to help encourage stretching and hopefully induce flowering quicker :)

Looking good Ice...:goodjob:

Thanks Ronnie! Your running 3x of the XTE 300s? how big of a grow area? I have to say these lights are beyond bright! My other LED's I had to have the plants within 10-14" to get high umol, with these lights I'm getting better umol at 20-24" than the others at 10-14"!!!! Flowering power!!!

I love the dial controlls for dimming/blending spectrum! very nice design for quick changes to the spectrum! I have been using the all red ON and the blue/white off for the first few hours of every daylight period to help encourage stretching and hopefully induce flowering quicker :)

yes I have 3 XTE 300's hung over my aerocurrent system that I run four plants in. My Scrog screen is 3.5 ft x 7 ft so on the 3.5 ft side I will not train branches with in the first three inches or so of the screen to keep the plants within the 3'x3' core coverage area.I

I love the dials too. :) so much better than switches

MMMMMM>.......

Making butter with my Magic Butter!!!!

I set it on 8 hours, lowest temp of 160F...... I put in 1lb of smart choice butter, 3 heaping handfuls of bud (old blue dream, pre 98 bubba and cherry pie) that I had laying around from a while back, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and 1/2 cup of water.

The Magic butter makes this process so easy :) no open flames, no worries about burning the butter or the water boiling off...Just add butter, add bud, and push 2 buttons....and wait :)

I still have to find a method of straining the butter. The magic butter 2 came with a bubble bag (for making hash) but it just doesn't seem to want to let the butter through and takes forever to strain. I think I may try using a screen/mesh collender first to filter the bud material, and then use the bubble back to then further filter it which may have less clogging.

Anyone have any good methods for straining the pulverized bud and removing the butter?

Hey Everyone...Good morning!

So my 3rd batch of butter was a success and I managed to get more butter out of the bud this run, and I have to say this I believe is my strongest batch yet.

To make filtering easier, I pre-filtered the cannamash with a wire screen collander, which took most of the large particles out. I put this to the side in a bowl and filtered the liquid through the included filter bag to further remove particles. Then I loaded the cannamash into the filter bag and squeezed it until there was hardly any juice in the clump of plant mass. This process too a while and I wish there was some kind of filter/press that could be used, but hey, still not much work for a wonderful edible infused product :)

So my first dish I made was my "space potatos" which is just a boxed mashed potatos, made with cannabutter. This time I took it a little extreme, and used the water from the cannabutter (about 1 cup total) for the potato mix along with 3 scoops of butter to a full box of potatos (2 packets). Of course this was more than 1 serving worth and I didn't eat it all at once, but just had 1 bowl full. It took about 1 hour to really kick in, but when it did, shawwwweeettt!! it was very strong, and lasted about 6 hours... I think I have found my perfect butter recipe :)
DSC097311.JPG
DSC09732.JPG
DSC09730.JPG

As far as the grow, today makes day 7 of Flowering in my Advanced LED XTE tent, and ?? day in the XT-VEG tent, since I don't keep track of veg days.

I have to say, I am extrememely impressed with these lights so far, the penetration is amazing, the intensity is amazing, the fact they run extremely cool is amazing... can you see I am impressed :) Lets hope they flower just as good as they have been vegging the girls and I will be a happy grow tent camper :)

So tonight/today before the lights went out I gave them a foliar feeding. I noticed that today, the leaves were pointed strait up at the lights, very very happy looking, and I believe they liked the soil drench I gave them. I gave them 3x the normal amount of water to get a slight runoff to help wash any salts loose, as well as replace the organic materials in the soil with some new stuff for the microbes to chew on :) It seemed to be just what they wanted and they even seemed to be giving off a little extre scent today thanking me :)

In the foliar feeding I mixed RO water with Amaze, PGR, carboload, potassium dioxide, heavy 16 (a light micronutrient sulfate), and yucca extract.

I held off on feeding today since I gave the girls a extra bit of water yesterday to let the soil dry back out, however I checked the soil towards the end of the day today for moisture, and tomorrow they will be ready to be back on the daily feedings/waterings.

So here are todays photos.

DSC097331.JPG
DSC097341.JPG
DSC097351.JPG
DSC097363.JPG
DSC097371.JPG
DSC097382.JPG
DSC097392.JPG
DSC097402.JPG
DSC097413.JPG
DSC097422.JPG
DSC097432.JPG
DSC097442.JPG
DSC097451.JPG
DSC09746.JPG
DSC097471.JPG
DSC097482.JPG

Icemud, great job!! You just gave me a great idea with the press thought.. Im going to try a french coffee press on my next magic butter run..
Has a micro screen to 'press' the grounds...should work with the very finely ground weed that the MB2 makes while blending.
:)

Thats a great idea !

So I'm curious..... I have a bunch of strains in veg right now, and all of them you have seen in flowering with the exception of the ones in my current grow....

I want to see what you all would like to see for my next grow. I am not sure if I will be doing the V-Scrog again or not, I don't think it will work out for 2 more grows because of the size of my plants, so most likely the plants will be grown tall. I can only pick 1 of each strain, and a total of 6 plants.... what 6 should I choose for my next grow?

Here are the options:
University Hills OG
my Mystery OG
Ogiesel
GSC (thin mint pheno)
Black Cherry Cola
Harlequin
Grand daddy Purple
Purple Urkle
Blue Dream
Churchberry

I personally would choose my next 6 to be:
Black Cherry Cola
University Hills OG
GSC
Blue Dream
Purple Urkle
Grandaddy Purple

since 4 of the 6 are some of my favorite strains...but what would you all choose?

plants look great ice :thumb:
im gonna assume the 4 you like are
gsc
bd
gdp
pu
those were 4 I was thinking of also

plants look great ice :thumb:
im gonna assume the 4 you like are
gsc
bd
gdp
pu
those were 4 I was thinking of also

Yep! but I have to say the black cherry cola is also up there in my favorites now :)

Yesterday when I went into the flowering tent, I couldn't believe my eyes on how the leaves on the blue dream and the churchberry were both pointing upwards at an extreme angle! All the plants actually had really good leaf posture, but the 2 sativa dominant plants were really showing it! I had to snap some photos...

They must really be happy :)

Well no signs of any flowers yet, but I can tell I should see them pretty much any day now :)

Other than that, not much else to report on.

Here are the photos from yesterday Oct 30, day 8 of flowering.

DSC09754.JPG
DSC097531.JPG
DSC097521.JPG
DSC097512.JPG
DSC097501.JPG
DSC097491.JPG

Back
Top Bottom